Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Web

Oh yeah, the dark web. That's where I get my comics now I don't want to give Marvel money anymore.

(This is a joke, please don't sue me.)
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Oh yeah, the dark web. That's where I get my comics now I don't want to give Marvel money anymore.

(This is a joke, please don't sue me.)
    I don't have the money to sue anyone. That said, yeah . . . Spider-Man/X-Men: Dark Web would be a cool title if not for how the plot seems to be starting off, and who's caught up in that Dark Web.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I guess we haven't really had a big Spider-Man event in a while, even if it involves the X-Men.

(I'm not expecting much).

Astonishing Member

I guess they had little choice seeing that the cat is already out of the bag.

That banner seems like it was thrown together rather quickly lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess we haven't really had a big Spider-Man event in a while, even if it involves the X-Men.

Based on what's been leaked from the FCBD issues of Spider-Man/Venom and Avengers/X-Men, I am sincerely hoping Marvel doesn't do something utterly, irredeemably stupid with Mary Jane or Ben (even if he's going by "Chasm" now). With MJ, I doubt they'll do anything they can't take back later, but given how Clone Conspiracy concluded, not to mention how the solo following in its aftermath concluded, then more recently Spider-Man Beyond concluding as an introduction for "Chasm" . . . well, I'll cop to being more worried for the remnants of Ben's viability as a character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I don't have the money to sue anyone. That said, yeah . . . Spider-Man/X-Men: Dark Web would be a cool title if not for how the plot seems to be starting off, and who's caught up in that Dark Web.
    I really am not into whatever bizarre stuff is going on in X-Men lately, so I am not thrilled to be forced into reading this just to keep up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Based on what's been leaked from the FCBD issues of Spider-Man/Venom and Avengers/X-Men, I am sincerely hoping Marvel doesn't do something utterly, irredeemably stupid with Mary Jane or Ben (even if he's going by "Chasm" now). With MJ, I doubt they'll do anything they can't take back later, but given how Clone Conspiracy concluded, not to mention how the solo following in its aftermath concluded, then more recently Spider-Man Beyond concluding as an introduction for "Chasm" . . . well, I'll cop to being more worried for the remnants of Ben's viability as a character.
    Ben went from troubled and unstable to cartoony evil
    ("I think we're going to make a great team" is soo cliche)

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    He kind of already did that five years ago at the conclusion of Clone Conspiracy. Which nobody liked in the first place, so Marvel doubling down on that . . .

Astonishing Member

Maybe is just a Spider-Man one with Maddie alone in the mutant side

the spider queen returns?

peter about to be rated R
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

What was the last one again? Clone Conspiracy? 'Cause I don't think Spencer's run had anything big.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I really am not into whatever bizarre stuff is going on in X-Men lately, so I am not thrilled to be forced into reading this just to keep up.
    Well, Ben/Madelyne stuff might not be much deeper than "This redhead is evil", but we'll see lol.

At least it might be worth to keep Spidey's own tie-ins to the 90's Inferno to know what she can do, which, you can see a brief glimpse of it in the leaked pages for the Free Comic Book Day comic.

I'm still wondering what the hell Ben can even offer in this partnership lol.

If his memory loss works as Beyond implied, then he should've lost **** like his intelligence too, which means he's now just an evil Spider, partnering up with a Jean clone with demonic powers, which, yeah, if he doesn't have intelligence I have no idea how he's gonna be useful for her.

Maybe is just a Spider-Man one with Maddie alone in the mutant side
    That is possible, maybe Madelyne will only be used to make the story weird, specially if Spidey is supposed to be isolated from everything now, so maybe X-Men won't be helping (Though Spidey being isolated from everything ever could be a lie anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    the spider queen returns?
    And what, she teams up with Ben too? We giving him a harem of evil women? .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I'm kind of morbidly curious to see what Peter thinks of Krakoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    What was the last one again? Clone Conspiracy? 'Cause I don't think Spencer's run had anything big.
    Well, Spencer had major storylines/events with those .extra tie-in issues, but they weren't really "events," probably because we don't really have much of a Spider-line anymore outside Peter and Miles' books with the occasional Cindy or Gwen mini.
    I'm still wondering what the hell Ben can even offer in this partnership lol.

If his memory loss works as Beyond implied, then he should've lost **** like his intelligence too, which means he's now just an evil Spider, partnering up with a Jean clone with demonic powers, which, yeah, if he doesn't have intelligence I have no idea how he's gonna be useful for her.
    But there is no Ben anymore...only Chasm!

I'm kind of morbidly curious to see what Peter thinks of Krakoa.
    Considering that he was friendly back when he met Captain Krakoa, he doesn't seem to mind them.

Well, Spencer had major storylines/events with those .extra tie-in issues, but they weren't really "events," probably because we don't really have much of a Spider-line anymore outside Peter and Miles' books with the occasional Cindy or Gwen mini.
    Thinking of it, maybe the 2099 event would count? It did get a few random tie-ins, like that F4 2099 one, and checking the wiki, there was even a Conan 2099 one... What the hell's the point of making a Conan version of 2099?

But there is no Ben anymore...only Chasm!
    Right, I guess Madelyne is keeping him around 'cause she's nostalgic over 90's edgelords .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then