Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Web

Astonishing Member

That’s definitely Flash. Besides, Ben wouldn’t go to The Coffee Bean… he’s loyal to The Daily Grind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Perhaps this gathering at the Bean is Harry's wake?
    Maybe? But there are balloons on the counter, which seem a bit off for a wake.

I spot Jonah, who looks like he's talking to Robbie, Randy and Janice.

Peter appears to be sitting with either Ben and Janine, or Flash and Liz.

MJ is with Carlie and either Felicia or Theresa Parker (I'm going with Fel since we know she's in the event).

The other characters I don't recognize, although the bald guy with the beard at the counter reminds me of Kareem LOL and that could be Paul with a hat sitting with the chair pulled away from Peter's table LOL

Fantastic Member

What do you think is going to happen in the spider man run after Dark Web and why can't Zeb Wells still be on it when Marvel zombies come out ?

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    That’s definitely Flash. Besides, Ben wouldn’t go to The Coffee Bean… he’s loyal to The Daily Grind.
    Didn't he just work there? Nothing wrong with doing that and eating somewhere else, specially if he gets sick of the food .

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    What do you think is going to happen in the spider man run after Dark Web and why can't Zeb Wells still be on it when Marvel zombies come out ?
    'Cause he'll probably be too busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Since Lowe has promised us Mysterio will be a focus of future stories, it's possible the Mysterio plotline not Dark Web, is Wells' finale and fully resolves MJ's situation, allowing her to go back to Peter. It's also possible Mysterio will be the focus of the last three issues of Black Cat/Mary Jane, although Slott could always be the one to address the Mysterio situation over in Spider-Man (but would we want to see him write 616 MJ again?)

Ben being 'fixed' would be nice but I feel they've invested too much in trying to get the Chasm project off the ground, so it won't happen overnight and not with Wells.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 09-30-2022 at 04:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Since Lowe has promised us Mysterio will be a focus of future stories, it's possible the Mysterio plotline not Dark Web, is Wells' finale and fully resolves MJ's situation, allowing her to go back to Peter. It's also possible Mysterio will be the focus of the last three issues of Black Cat/Mary Jane, although Slott could always be the one to address the Mysterio situation over in Spider-Man (but would we want to see him write 616 MJ again?)

Ben being 'fixed' would be nice but I feel they've invested too much in trying to get the Chasm project off the ground, so it won't happen overnight and not with Wells.
    Yeah, if Ben is fixed it'll be after ATSV at the earliest.

Ah the age old comic book move of ‘We did a thing that nobody likes. Rather than fixing it and admitting we fucked up, let’s just double down and hope things kinda sort themselves out.’

I'd love to see McKay write Mysterio.

BANNED

Seems at the same time as Dark Web, the Captain America event Cold War will also involve the X-Men, specifically Emma Frost.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nycc...-january-2023/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Attachment 125002

Better scan
    Something tells me this could be the second right before the new "Inferno's attack" on Manhattan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Didn't he just work there? Nothing wrong with doing that and eating somewhere else, specially if he gets sick of the food .

'Cause he'll probably be too busy.
    Who does anyone think is the most likely to replace Zeb Wells ?

Please reply.

Incredible Member

Please reply.
    Honestly I don’t know. Wells would never be on my list to begin with. As of right now I don’t think Marvel has any one right now to step in and considering how many people came out last time and said flat out they wouldn’t touch the book with a 10 foot pole because of editorial what writers want that headache is pretty small.

Astonishing Member

Please reply.
    Your guess is as good as ours. ‘Hickman’ is a name I see get thrown around a lot. But honestly I’m not as enamored with him as some others. I’m really not swayed by any of the current big names in the industry. They should give it to someone who has demonstrated a deep love and respect for the characterization and continuity of Spidey, as well as having written some of his best ever stories… and that’s JM DeMatteis. They already have him doing minis, why not just let him be the regular ASM writer again? Another DeMatteis run is one of the only things that could lure me back as a full time reader. Which means it’ll never happen, and instead it’ll be some flashy name like Hickman or Aaron who disappoints after a few so-so arcs.

Please reply.
    whoever it is they will still be hated
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    whoever it is they will still be hated
    Depends on who and what premise they bring to the run