Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Web

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have a creepy idea here.

I have checked the mental powers of Madelyne, and a creepy idea came to mind. Mary Jane and Black Cat are going to get involved in this mess, so what if.... What if Madelyne, in a "crazy idea" merges Mary Jane and Felicia's minds in the same body?

I think it's obvious she's actually Janine. Do you remember when she looked at the green liquid in the floor, right before Ben came out of the rubble as Chasm? She saw her reflection twisted, and it has those black marks under her eyes like this "All Hallows Eve" character has.
    Good catch! I remember looking at that panel and wondering why Janine looked so ominous and creepy there, but I didn't make that connection. Come to think of it, they portrayed Janine as much more of a hardened, tough ex-con in this (even her fellow inmates seemed intimidated by her), which I always found weird since she was previously depicted as a kind and decent person who was unjustly blamed for killing her rapist father in self defense. But I guess they were setting her up for a heel turn as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Good catch! I remember looking at that panel and wondering why Janine looked so ominous and creepy there, but I didn't make that connection. Come to think of it, they portrayed Janine as much more of a hardened, tough ex-con in this (even her fellow inmates seemed intimidated by her), which I always found weird since she was previously depicted as a kind and decent person who was unjustly blamed for killing her rapist father in self defense. But I guess they were setting her up for a heel turn as well.
    Well, prison can change a girl...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A girl, a woman, a man, a boy.... No one comes out of jail the way he entered! Especially if you were imprisioned by a crime you didn't commit.

Astonishing Member

A girl, a woman, a man, a boy.... No one comes out of jail the way he entered! Especially if you were imprisioned by a crime you didn't commit.
    Trauma + Deus ex goop = instant villain

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Trauma + Deus ex goop = instant villain
    No laughing matter, pal.

Astonishing Member

No laughing matter, pal.
    Not laughing at all. Pointing at the superfluous way Marcel made villains of Ben and Janine, instead of exploring the effects of losing memories , identities or abuse inflicted upon them.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Not laughing at all. Pointing at the superfluous way Marcel made villains of Ben and Janine, instead of exploring the effects of losing memories , identities or abuse inflicted upon them.
    So it will be Peter and MJ against his clone and the MJ 'character' clone

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    There's an insane amount of redheads in this crossover. Five of them IIRC

Astonishing Member

Well, I personally can understand Ben's case, as who know how much Beyond messed with his mind. Not to mention the strange green liquid used to "erase" could have had unexpected effects on him. Janice's case is another thing, mainly because her last appearance didn't imply her going evil; more like she was trying to help Ben.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's true and that's what I initially wrote it off as, although I felt sort of gross about them writing about somebody like her who was a victim as if she was some hardened criminal. It's not a huge thing, just a bit of a vibe I didn't care for.

In a weird way, having her and Ben be sort of a supervillain Bonnie and Clyde is kind of cool if this were an alternate universe story. I would be a lot more accepting of this if it wasn't done to the main Ben. If Chasm and Hallows Eve were alt versions in a Spider-Verse story, I would probably love it, honestly.

I have a creepy idea here.

I have checked the mental powers of Madelyne, and a creepy idea came to mind. Mary Jane and Black Cat are going to get involved in this mess, so what if.... What if Madelyne, in a "crazy idea" merges Mary Jane and Felicia's minds in the same body?
    What, so Madelyne would turn out to be that guy from Deviantart who has a serious fetish for merging Felicia and MJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    What, so Madelyne would turn out to be that guy from Deviantart who has a serious fetish for merging Felicia and MJ?
    Well, that guy posted the idea of Mary Jane dressed as the Black Cat way before the Beyond issue aroud MJ and Felicia came out. I can't say Marvel just had the same idea or if actually stole the idea, but if they were inspired by him... Why not? I personally liked to see a cannon comic where Mj dressed like the Black Cat, and I wouldn't mind to see that concept again.

As for why Madeline would do it, well, she's crazy and she likes to make others to suffer as much as she suffers. So why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    it will be the couple who stays together against the couple who can't
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    it will be the couple who stays together against the couple who can't
    It's supposed to be a giant event so who knows what happens, If that is Jannie. Is it regular costume or did she do something extreme and this could be the begging of the resolution. Who knows or it's gonna be cat fight between MJ and Felecia

Well, that guy posted the idea of Mary Jane dressed as the Black Cat way before the Beyond issue aroud MJ and Felicia came out. I can't say Marvel just had the same idea or if actually stole the idea, but if they were inspired by him... Why not? I personally liked to see a cannon comic where Mj dressed like the Black Cat, and I wouldn't mind to see that concept again.
    "Character A dressed like Character B" is such a generic concept that the guy would have no real basis to say Marvel stole from him if he tried something lol.

As for why Madeline would do it, well, she's crazy and she likes to make others to suffer as much as she suffers. So why not?
    Her way of torturing people tends to be more physical than mental, I don't see her doing that, or why she'd focus on torturing two characters who are effectively nobodies to her.

But who knows, maybe Zeb Wells will pull his inner Claremont and have women do body switches just because, or whatever lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then