Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Web

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Wells's entire run so far is inorganic, he had to impose a six month timeskip and mystery boxes that he apparently is in no rush to open so the characters continue to shamble around speaking in vague allusions in order to tell his stories,
    Sounds like every timeskip + mystery box combination.

why should Beyond and Dark Web be any different? Beyond was beyond contrived as it was, with Ben deciding to turn bad because Peter wouldn't put on a memory-sucking helmet from the big baddie who had lied to Ben all arc and Ben wouldn't accept Peter's offers of help even though Peter knows the FF and Doctor Strange and others who might have solutions, so teaming up with Madelyn why not? It's just another contrivance so Wells can write her again.
    I try to make sense ouf of stories even when they're garbage, if I'm reading/watching 'em or hearing about 'em, I do that, so yeah, even though I feel like Wells is doing a terrible job on ASM, I still get baffled and try to make sense of stuff.

It's more fun to use this in stuff like B-movie style of stories, where the way they're bad is the entertaining part.

Oh, first Wells made Peter an idiot who jumped into the back of a truck to fight Tombstone even though Peter should be well aware fighting in a confined space like a truck doesn't play to his strengths at all,
    I'd say it's not too bad of a disadvantage too, since it gives him walls and ceilings to cling into, even if it'd be too close, but yeah, a place like this does give Tombstone bigger chances to hit him.

and Tombstone, who apparently is now clairvoyant and knew in advance Peter would be an idiot and jump into the truck (he did have the Crime Master trussed up but Peter didn't know that until he jumped in IIRC), rigged the truck like a Death Star trash compactor to keep Peter contained. Then Tombstone had special metal cuffs that kept Spider-Man chained on his knees with his arms behind his back so Tombstone could graphically wallop him for pages with blood spraying everywhere. So fun. Much entertaining.
    That doesn't sound like Tombstone won in a straight fight, so it's, less bad.

Though I'd have to read it to really judge, something I'm really not interested in doing it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, we still don't know what exactly happened to Ben after he was touched by that mysterious green liquid that Beyond Inc used to erase evidences. That liquid has caused Ben to suffer somekind of transformation (as he now has a mysterious green myst coming out of his body). Maybe he now has a new ability that Madelyne is interested for.
    Would have to be a big deal considering she has magic lol.

And also not be too strong so he's still beatable by Spidey.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

According to Halloween release info both Queen Goblin and Goblin Queen will be apart of Dark Web

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    According to Halloween release info both Queen Goblin and Goblin Queen will be apart of Dark Web
    Do you have a link? GQ's hand appears in a cover of the HObgoblin arc, #11 IIRC.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Do you have a link? GQ's hand appears in a cover of the HObgoblin arc, #11 IIRC.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...d-cover-reveal

Will make an appearance in Dark Web

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Intriguing. We can have that faceoff that was foreshadowed when Spider-Man told Queen Goblin that the X-Men's Goblin Queen was scarier than her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

According to a conversation Zeb had with Amazing Spider-Talk podcast host Dan, Dark Web will resolve the Peter/MJ tensions as well as the mystery box

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    According to a conversation Zeb had with Amazing Spider-Talk podcast host Dan, Dark Web will resolve the Peter/MJ tensions as well as the mystery box
    Does he expand in Chasm? Any new info like powers, mindset?

Spectacular Member

Oh well, don't fan Venom tie_in with Dark Web. It will pause the storyline for a not necessary crossover.

Now to see whether it will actually satisfy anyone...I'm not sure the chances are high on that front.

Astonishing Member

Is there any link?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Is there any link?
    I got this info in a DM on twitter

Astonishing Member

I got this info in a DM on twitter
    I see, thanks!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Wonder which Spider-Man he's drawing . . . Peter, or The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

So it’s either the Moira stuff or something much much dumber