Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Web

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Let’s see… Ben is now bad, and Norman (his killer) is now good.

Well, if being on Ben’s side is wrong then I don’t want to be right.
    Yeah, that is pretty f***ed up, can't lie there. And the worst part is that both of those things were imposed by external forces rather than internal character development. Ben was torturously killed and revived 27 times until he went insane and nearly caused a Carrion apocalypse trying to prove what was done to him wasn't for nothing, then eventually got "fixed," only to be broken again by the Beyond Corporation "accidentally" stripping him of his foundational memories trying to simply erase recent ones that had caused him to turn against them and turned into something called "Chasm" after falling into a big puddle of psycho-reactive quantum-shifting polymers. Osborn, on the other hand, got a shotgun blast to the face that mystically purged his evil from him, though it could easily be argued that if he really felt all that bad about all he'd done, he'd admit to it in public and willingly serve his time or accept whatever other penance or punishment would be due to him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that is pretty f***ed up, can't lie there. And the worst part is that both of those things were imposed by external forces rather than internal character development. Ben was torturously killed and revived 27 times until he went insane and nearly caused a Carrion apocalypse trying to prove what was done to him wasn't for nothing, then eventually got "fixed," only to be broken again by the Beyond Corporation "accidentally" stripping him of his foundational memories trying to simply erase recent ones that had caused him to turn against them and turned into something called "Chasm" after falling into a big puddle of psycho-reactive quantum-shifting polymers. Osborn, on the other hand, got a shotgun blast to the face that mystically purged his evil from him, though it could easily be argued that if he really felt all that bad about all he'd done, he'd admit to it in public and willingly serve his time or accept whatever other penance or punishment would be due to him.
    You summed all that up perfectly. It didn’t even make my head hurt to read.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You summed all that up perfectly. It didn’t even make my head hurt to read.
    Thank you.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I agree 100%. Also I'm starting to dislike Peter. He's more willing to forgive and help Norman than Ben, who's only been a villain after losong his mind twice being the victim. Even in his origin he was tortured by the Jackal and only exists because someone wanted to hurt Peter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I agree 100%. Also I'm starting to dislike Peter. He's more willing to forgive and help Norman than Ben, who's only been a villain after losong his mind twice being the victim. Even in his origin he was tortured by the Jackal and only exists because someone wanted to hurt Peter.
    It's funny how both Peter AND Ben have been ruined by modern writers. Brothers to the very end again.

In Peter’s defense, he doesn’t even know that Ben is still alive after the events of Beyond much less that he’s become Chasm. We’ll have to reserve feelings about Peter’s reaction to Ben for Dark Web when he formally meets him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    In Peter’s defense, he doesn’t even know that Ben is still alive after the events of Beyond much less that he’s become Chasm. We’ll have to reserve feelings about Peter’s reaction to Ben for Dark Web when he formally meets him.
    Edit: Internet farted, double post

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I meant how he was "TIRED OF YOUR GADGETS" before Ben turned into Chasm, and even in spider geddon

BANNED

I meant how he was "TIRED OF YOUR GADGETS" before Ben turned into Chasm, and even in spider geddon
    In the heat of battle, sure, but he was still trying to talk him down and save him til the end and cried over him afterwards. Black Cat said that part of Peter's recent depression is a result of what happened to Ben. I definitely hated the way Peter treated Ben in the past, but I actually think he was pretty caring towards him during Beyond.

BANNED

You could make the same argument about Wolverine, Kaine, Ben, Ock and a ton of other characters seeking redemption, too. Maybe this is just my own misgivings about our draconian justice system, but I can't say I would blame Norman for not wanting to essentially put his head on a chopping block, regardless of how bad he felt. If he handed himself to the authorities, he's basically a dead man and there goes any chance he has to find redemption.

BANNED

So Kamala finds herself in the same spot as Felicia and MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    oh yeah Ms.Marvel is now a supporting character in Spider-man that feels wrong
    She was recurring in the 2017 animated series too.

BANNED

Judas Traveller is well and truly back

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/juda...akoan-big-bad/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    draconian justice system.
    Good point.

Anyone remember Pleasant Hill? Norman, Dark Reign, Osborn would be a fool to turn himself in to Marvel authorities.

Astonishing Member

Let’s see… Ben is now bad, and Norman (his killer) is now good.

Well, if being on Ben’s side is wrong then I don’t want to be right.
    I'm as disturbed as you about the idea, pal. But I guess this is the way for the universe to stay in balance.

I mean, something similar happened back in Disney's Descendants franchise. Mal, daughter of Maleficent and Hades (*chills*), seemed to be doomed to follow the evil steps of her parents, but managed to break the circle and find her own way to be a "good girl". On the other hand, the daughter of Aurora (the Sleeping Beauty) was so frustrated about Maleficent's daughter being accepted that she ended up corrupting herself and stealing Maleficent's staff for herself.

Yin and Yang. For each positive must be a negative. And if one positive is lost, a negative must disappear too.

So much randomness going on right now.