Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Web

Mighty Member

I'm a huge fan of the current X-Line, so yeah, I'll be looking forward to this.
    Seems to Wells is going to continue threads from his Hellions run which makes me glad that I just picked it all up.
    It's kind of weird however, wouldn't think an X-Men book would find a sequel with the current Amazing run, but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Considering that he was friendly back when he met Captain Krakoa, he doesn't seem to mind them.
    He probably doesn't know about the more seedy side of Krakoa, then again I don't think anyone in the general public does.
    Thinking of it, maybe the 2099 event would count? It did get a few random tie-ins, like that F4 2099 one, and checking the wiki, there was even a Conan 2099 one... What the hell's the point of making a Conan version of 2099?
    I think on some level we're all collectively trying to forget the 2099 event.
    Right, I guess Madelyne is keeping him around 'cause she's nostalgic over 90's edgelords .
    Everything new is retro again...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He probably doesn't know about the more seedy side of Krakoa, then again I don't think anyone in the general public does.
    They should at least know that people like Apocalypse, Sabretooth and Mystique are allowed in Krakoa though, which should at least have everyone scratching their heads lol.

But then again, if people like Mystique aren't shown doing a lot of crimes, I guess they could think Krakoa reformed them a lil' bit... Still though, other heroes should at least think something is wrong.

I think on some level we're all collectively trying to forget the 2099 event.
    Right, it's honestly impressive how whatever that was, at the latest that is the point Spencer's run went downhill.

Everything new is retro again...
    Great, can't wait for another Clone Saga.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Clone Conspiracy 2: Chasm Boogaloo???

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Clone Conspiracy 2: Chasm Boogaloo???
    Yeah, and then make it as convoluted as possible over who's the real mastermind, with a bunch of red herrings and clues that won't go anywhere, and then after two painful years, we learn that the mastermind mind is spoilers:
    Stanley
    end of spoilers.

Or maybe spoilers:
    GOTCHA
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

I feel like that was Clone Conspiracy. Or Beyond.

Maybe it's because I was 11 or 12 at the time, but I've never had as much fun reading comics as I did during the two year Clone Saga. I was so excited every week to pick up the next chapter in that neverending story, and was hurt when I found out most of fandom hated it at the time (thanks, 'Wizard' lol). I even re-read it in its like 7,000 page entirety a few years ago (took me around 3 months). The middle part (anything within a few months proximity of the 'Maximum Clonage' nadir) was rough, but I maintain the beginning (Ben taking on Venom, Peter getting poisoned, Aunt May dying), and the last third (everything during the Spider-Ben era) more than holds up. So I'd be down for another ride of that. As long as Ben and Peter are written competently, maturely and heroically!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

Maybe it's because I was 11 or 12 at the time, but I've never had as much fun reading comics as I did during the two year Clone Saga. I was so excited every week to pick up the next chapter in that neverending story, and was hurt when I found out most of fandom hated it at the time (thanks, 'Wizard' lol). I even re-read it in its like 7,000 page entirety a few years ago (took me around 3 months). The middle part (anything within a few months proximity of the 'Maximum Clonage' nadir) was rough, but I maintain the beginning (Ben taking on Venom, Peter getting poisoned, Aunt May dying), and the last third (everything during the Spider-Ben era) more than holds up. So I'd be down for another ride of that. As long as Ben and Peter are written competently, maturely and heroically!
    Generally cosigned. I liked the part where Peter got poisoned because I got to see that in a twisted way, Peter meant a lot to Otto Octavius, who had come to sincerely respect and admire him despite (or because of) their years of antagonism toward each other, to the point of saving his life . . . just in time for Kaine to kill Otto, and then Otto's resurrection a few years later reset if not reversed that bit of character growth. Wouldn't be the last time, sadly, as per Superior Spider-Man and the fallout from how both runs of that concluded.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Beyond's number of clones didn't even reach double digits, if that's a clone saga it has rookie numbers .

Maybe it's because I was 11 or 12 at the time, but I've never had as much fun reading comics as I did during the two year Clone Saga. I was so excited every week to pick up the next chapter in that neverending story, and was hurt when I found out most of fandom hated it at the time (thanks, 'Wizard' lol). I even re-read it in its like 7,000 page entirety a few years ago (took me around 3 months). The middle part (anything within a few months proximity of the 'Maximum Clonage' nadir) was rough, but I maintain the beginning (Ben taking on Venom, Peter getting poisoned, Aunt May dying), and the last third (everything during the Spider-Ben era) more than holds up.
    While I think 90's Marvel had a lot of bad, it at least felt bombastic and full of energy, specially compared to current comics.

So I'd be down for another ride of that. As long as Ben and Peter are written competently, maturely and heroically!
    Spidey wasn't those things in Clone Saga, specially when Jackal was around lol.

I checked out Smokes and Mirrors recently, and the story ends with Peter saying "If Jackal has been lying to us about everything, how can we ever believe in anything about ourselves again?", in the same issue he says this, Jackal told a bunch of blatant lies, and admits he's lying to **** with Peter and Ben, yet Peter and Ben are stupid enough to keep believing what he says.

It just makes both him and Peter look like incompetent morons, but it's far dumber for Peter to believe him that much 'cause he's supposed to know better, yet... And this is supposedly before Clone Saga got real bad, when it already looks bad lol.

But yeah, Clone Saga, I can kinda understand why a newer fan can enjoy it, without the baggage of past stories it's far easier to accept the bullshit the story has, with the baggage, less so, and kids may not notice other issues the story has (Like how utterly incomprehensible Jackal's plan is), and among the pile of crap is has, there's also fun stuff, I still think it's unredeemable garbage that permanently damaged the franchise, but even then I can still admit there was some cool **** in it.

I wonder if Wells' current arc can be kinda seen like that, after all, without the baggage of previous issues, MJ being broken up with Peter and his life being **** looks less bad lol.

Astonishing Member

Considering that he was friendly back when he met Captain Krakoa, he doesn't seem to mind them.

Thinking of it, maybe the 2099 event would count? It did get a few random tie-ins, like that F4 2099 one, and checking the wiki, there was even a Conan 2099 one... What the hell's the point of making a Conan version of 2099?

Right, I guess Madelyne is keeping him around 'cause she's nostalgic over 90's edgelords .
    Madelyn was an 80s character. I don't think the X-Man/Madelyn incest story from the late 90s was popular.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Madelyn was an 80s character.
    I know, but when I posted that I was thinking Inferno was a 90's event, even though just a few days before I made that post I confirmed it isn't, damn brain lol.

I don't think the X-Man/Madelyn incest story from the late 90s was popular.
    Probably not in general, but TV tropes says that X-Man's comic had some fans supporting that ship via letters, damn shippers and their lack of, anything lol.

Astonishing Member

I'd really like to know what powers does Chasm have.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    He has all the abilities and powers that Spider-Man has and then some. He has a malleable body much like Mr. Fantastic but not as extreme and can create sharp weapons with his body. He can also turn into a liquid form and re-materialize into a solid. He can also shape-shift, and grow at will.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    He has all the abilities and powers that Spider-Man has and then some. He has a malleable body much like Mr. Fantastic but not as extreme and can create sharp weapons with his body. He can also turn into a liquid form and re-materialize into a solid. He can also shape-shift, and grow at will.
    Where is this from? This sounds like Spidercide, not Chasm.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Is this speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    The power of controversy.