Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Web

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    What cues ?

Please reply.
    We're getting minis for Norman and MJ/BC. Their plots are looking to be moved to other writers. So possibly no longer dealt with or moved on from being dealt with in Wells run. If the mystery stuff is resolved or we learn what happened during the time skip during Dark Web not sure what's left to tackle after the big event is over. Or they are letting other writer flesh out the stories so they can deal with the mess they are in and try and fix what's been dragging, but who knows
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 09-21-2022 at 10:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Unless she get's her spider-island powers back..feels like they'll just dump the Paul and kids plot like a bad dream
    I really hope no MJ with powers and Peter without. Why? One of the best Spider-Man stories of the Spencer run ( after Gibbon) was Peter separated from Spider-Man. It worked well once but we really need to go down that avenue again ( especially since it was not exactly done many years ago)? I certainly have no insight into the workings of the Spider Office, but my gut tells me this entire storyline will turn out to be not real. Possibilities. 1: A “What If” scenario for Peter. 2: A villain could have planted ideas in his head. 3: A dream. The fact that everyone except Peter recognizes the MJ and Paul marriage (even Felicia). That does not make sense. Unless everything is false. Anyway I hope we get the answer soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I really hope no MJ with powers and Peter without. Why? One of the best Spider-Man stories of the Spencer run ( after Gibbon) was Peter separated from Spider-Man. It worked well once but we really need to go down that avenue again ( especially since it was not exactly done many years ago)? I certainly have no insight into the workings of the Spider Office, but my gut tells me this entire storyline will turn out to be not real. Possibilities. 1: A “What If” scenario for Peter. 2: A villain could have planted ideas in his head. 3: A dream. The fact that everyone except Peter recognizes the MJ and Paul marriage (even Felicia). That does not make sense. Unless everything is false. Anyway I hope we get the answer soon.
    It hasn't been established that MJ and Paul are married, unless I missed something? And Peter knows she's with Paul, he said as much as ASM 9, although I'm with Peter: there is no reason in the world why MJ shouldn't be able to have coffee with the person who just rescued her helpless damsel self. People are allowed to have their own lives, separate from their partners and children.

Man, this storyline is so incredibly frustrating, with MJ either OCC for a reason or else it's just Wells continuing to write her poorly because he can't do any better.

Here's hoping MacKay in his miniseries can make a silk purse out of this desiccated pig's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Could it be that dark web will cause Peter to los3 his powers and MJ will somehow take his place?
    If this is speculating off the "Spider-Man No More" cover, that appears to be just an homage variant per the leaked solicits ("AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #17 JRJR CLASSIC HOMAGE VAR") and probably has nothing to do with the story. McGuiness will also have a variant, looking forward to seeing that one.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 09-21-2022 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    It hasn't been established that MJ and Paul are married, unless I missed something? And Peter knows she's with Paul, he said as much as ASM 9, although I'm with Peter: there is no reason in the world why MJ shouldn't be able to have coffee with the person who just rescued her helpless damsel self. People are allowed to have their own life separate from their partners and children.
    Some CBR article said they're married, which was pointed out around there's no indication of it actually being indicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Some CBR article said they're married, which was pointed out around there's no indication of it actually being indicated.
    It's a clickbait article that wasn't researched at all. Dark Web appears more to be lets put it everything into one basket now and see what we can fix and work out almost all plots at the same time kind of thing. Dark Web is basically Hellions 2.0

It's a clickbait article that wasn't researched at all.
    I know, was just explaining to TinkerSpider where the "Paul and MJ are married" bit came from.

Dark Web appears more to be lets put it everything into one basket now and see what we can fix and work out almost all plots at the same time kind of thing. Dark Web is basically Hellions 2.0
    Which could work well enough, if Wells wasn't actively screwing up Spidey while doing so lol.

Still though, is it really going to be a Hellions 2.0? I think only maybe Havok is involved in this from that comic, but then again I haven't really been paying attention lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

1664383067778952s.jpg

Interior form Dark Web dusk

BANNED

Ben and Janine are there, as is Carlie and Felicia. This must be before the effects of Chasm take hold, or it's a dream Ben is having of how he imagined life would go if things had worked out between him and Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Ben and Janine are there, as is Carlie and Felicia. This must be before the effects of Chasm take hold, or it's a dream Ben is having of how he imagined life would go if things had worked out between him and Pete
    The artist also had a small panel on instragram with Ben and Jannie in the snow so it could be a flashback or right in his head

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Aren't they Flash and Gwen?

You mean Flash and Liz?

Astonishing Member

You mean Flash and Liz?
    Yeah, it could be Liz. Point is, I don't see Ben and Janine. Bit maybe I'm not looking at the right place in that page

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Yeah, it could be Liz. Point is, I don't see Ben and Janine. Bit maybe I'm not looking at the right place in that page
    Perhaps this gathering at the Bean is Harry's wake?

1664383067778952s.jpg

Interior form Dark Web dusk
    This is way too small for me to make out. Where did you get this?

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    This is way too small for me to make out. Where did you get this?

Capture.JPG

Better scan