Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Web

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    High praise coming from you .
    You've made other funny posts, but I guess I failed to mention it in those occasions lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    the thing is (and this a reoccurring Marvel issue) pre retcon he was WAY too powerful and post retcon he is almost a joke (anyone want to justify him taking down carnage the way he did POST this retcon... never happen)
    The best way to explain the Carnage situation is that his illusion powers are so strong he actually managed to scare the symbiote.

But that's the least of the problems with how absurdly powerful he looked, considering he managed to outclass Spidey and make a building fall on Ben lol.

I'm checking out his appearances, and it's hilarious that, despite how powerful he looks, he has a really dumb arbitrary limit:

(Spectacular#258)

"As powerful as you may be, not even you can maintain this illusion of Parker sleeping within his cell for an indefinite period of time!"

At this point he showed a bunch of ridiculously big feats with his powers, but keeping an illusion for a few hours could be too much? **** man, to think the nonsense of "Kindred has every power but can't shape shift" has precedence in Spidey's comics lol.

edit: giving him SOME magic (like Selene maybe) could bridge the gap between the two... make it something unque and you REALLY have a threat.
    I guess, but it wouldn't mean much if he stays around in X-Men, since Selene is around and all lol.

If he returns on ASM, then yeah, the mix of his mutant powers with magic could be interesting, but I wonder how he'd set himself apart from Mysterio, 'cause being just "Mysterio with magic" doesn't sound that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Or ir could be: "I don't even know who you are"
    Hah, yeah, Judas Traveler is not as notorious as the other nonsense in Clone Saga, which's surprising considering the bullshit he casually pulled.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    You've made other funny posts, but I guess I failed to mention it in those occasions lol.
    Ah, that means a lot! I never feel like I measure up to other posters...

I HATE crowds... and I have avoided free comic book day like a plauge... and since the plauge started I rarely go out, BUT i fought my hate to get there and in and out to get the spiderman/venom to see about this series... I am down
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

BANNED

FCBD story's official title is 'Lost In The Mail'

https://www.gamesradar.com/chasm-gob...-the-dark-web/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    FCBD story's official title is 'Lost In The Mail'

https://www.gamesradar.com/chasm-gob...-the-dark-web/
    Does anyone knows if it'll be available digitally?

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Does anyone knows if it'll be available digitally?
    I think they typically aren't, I remember someone had to scan last year's to get our first look at Beyond.

Also:
    In February 23's Spider-Man #90, Ben, then still Spider-Man, is battling the new villain the Queen Goblin, he quips unimpressed, "Pretty sure the X-Men have a way scarier Goblin Queen."
    What, read the actual issue to write up an article about it?
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I think they typically aren't, I remember someone had to scan last year's to get our first look at Beyond.

Also:

Yeah, that was stupid. It was only a few issues/months ago.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah, that means a lot! I never feel like I measure up to other posters...
    Sometimes I feel like that when it comes to jokes too, and comic book knowledge that isn't Spidey related.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    If he read it, he wasn't paying attention:

It was Spidey who made the quip, not Ben.

Just a weird mistake to make too, Ben wasn't anywhere near QG by ASM#90, and I have to wonder how one can confuse Spidey with Ben when the story makes it clear which's which lol.

Sometimes I feel like that when it comes to jokes too, and comic book knowledge that isn't Spidey related.

If he read it, he wasn't paying attention:

It was Spidey who made the quip, not Ben.

Just a weird mistake to make too, Ben wasn't anywhere near QG by ASM#90, and I have to wonder how one can confuse Spidey with Ben when the story makes it clear which's which lol.
    Technically, Ben was also Spidey, even though he wasn't the Spidey, but given that he and Peter had different costume designs . . . yeah, the writer of that article should have paid closer attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, Ben was also Spidey, even though he wasn't the Spidey, but given that he and Peter had different costume designs . . . yeah, the writer of that article should have paid closer attention.
    I know that Ben was Spider-Man, but that's not the point, it's just weird the article says Ben is the one who made the quip when it clearly wasn't, which, a mistake like this would be fine if he was just randomly saying this happened, but the writer says this line is "cleverly" foreshadowing that Ben will be teaming up with Madelyne, but again, it wasn't Ben who referenced her to begin with so that point doesn't work lol.

I know that Ben was Spider-Man, but that's not the point, it's just weird the article says Ben is the one who made the quip when it clearly wasn't, which, a mistake like this would be fine if he was just randomly saying this happened, but the writer says this line is "cleverly" foreshadowing that Ben will be teaming up with Madelyne, but again, it wasn't Ben who referenced her to begin with so that point doesn't work lol.
    Ah. I see the context now. Speaking of which "Goblin Queen" is scarier, it would be cool to see Queen Goblin vs. Goblin Queen. Hell, bring back the Goblin Force from Mutant X, which was said to be the dark flipside of the Phoenix Force, and have it trying to decide whether to possess Goblin Queen/Madelyne Pryor or Queen Goblin/Ashley Kafka('s clone).

Spectacular Member

Ah. I see the context now. Speaking of which "Goblin Queen" is scarier, it would be cool to see Queen Goblin vs. Goblin Queen. Hell, bring back the Goblin Force from Mutant X, which was said to be the dark flipside of the Phoenix Force, and have it trying to decide whether to possess Goblin Queen/Madelyne Pryor or Queen Goblin/Ashley Kafka('s clone).
    I kinda want this. Spider-Man should have known after his past experiences not to casually mention goblin shenanary from other areas of marvel continuity. They're like the Slender Man. The more you think about goblins, the more likely they'll appear and cause havoc.

Ah. I see the context now. Speaking of which "Goblin Queen" is scarier, it would be cool to see Queen Goblin vs. Goblin Queen.
    Madelyne has Jean's powers plus magic, she's far above Kafka, any of the Goblins and all of the characters in Spidey's rogues gallery except Regent after capturing a bunch of heroes, same thing for Sin Eater, and Kindred at his most poorly defined power set (In which he can do anything just because).

It'd be a very one sided match unless she really underestimates Kafka or just forgets she has powers, or a surprise attack and she gets knocked down, for all her powers Madelyne wouldn't be hard to kill if she takes a punch.

Hell, bring back the Goblin Force from Mutant X, which was said to be the dark flipside of the Phoenix Force, and have it trying to decide whether to possess Goblin Queen/Madelyne Pryor or Queen Goblin/Ashley Kafka('s clone).
    What would be the appeal of going after Kafka? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    I kinda want this. Spider-Man should have known after his past experiences not to casually mention goblin shenanary from other areas of marvel continuity. They're like the Slender Man. The more you think about goblins, the more likely they'll appear and cause havoc.
    Man, I had forgotten Slender Man existed lol.

Astonishing Member

If Ben and Madelyne are going to be the antagonists here, does this mean Spider-Man will have to colaborate with the X-Men?

Also, what are they up to? Are they trying to make the world (along with Spider-Man and the X-Men) pay for all they have suffered because of their status as clones?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    If Ben and Madelyne are going to be the antagonists here, does this mean Spider-Man will have to colaborate with the X-Men?

Also, what are they up to? Are they trying to make the world (along with Spider-Man and the X-Men) pay for all they have suffered because of their status as clones?
    what i remember about madelyne is that cyclops left her cause jean return so i guess so and she was pregnant too so i think she is in the right.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy