Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Web

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    what i remember about madelyne is that cyclops left her cause jean return so i guess so and she was pregnant too so i think she is in the right.
    She actually already had given birth to Cable, so Scott abandoned her and his child.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    She actually already had given birth to Cable, so Scott abandoned her and his child.
    with Pryor is she now in command of Purgatory or is that still under Magik's domain and if so maybe Pryor will be using some lost souls from Spider lore in her plan

what i remember about madelyne is that cyclops left her cause jean return so i guess so and she was pregnant too so i think she is in the right.
    Zeb brought her back in his Hellions run and she was amazing. Completely insane, but amazing. She will be in New Mutants next were it looks like she is going to take over Limbo from Magik which is probably how she has her demons back like she had in Inferno. Whilst I'm not crazy about the direction they have took Ben, I loved Zeb's take in Maddy so I'm looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    oof how did they justify that one
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Easy he's already been accepted by current Jean and Scott as their son and was a family for a time when he came back as a younger version and still do as the original was brought back

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    I kinda want this. Spider-Man should have known after his past experiences not to casually mention goblin shenanary from other areas of marvel continuity. They're like the Slender Man. The more you think about goblins, the more likely they'll appear and cause havoc.
    Ha, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Madelyne has Jean's powers plus magic, she's far above Kafka, any of the Goblins and all of the characters in Spidey's rogues gallery except Regent after capturing a bunch of heroes, same thing for Sin Eater, and Kindred at his most poorly defined power set (In which he can do anything just because).

It'd be a very one sided match unless she really underestimates Kafka or just forgets she has powers, or a surprise attack and she gets knocked down, for all her powers Madelyne wouldn't be hard to kill if she takes a punch.

What would be the appeal of going after Kafka? Lol.

Man, I had forgotten Slender Man existed lol.
    Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    If Ben and Madelyne are going to be the antagonists here, does this mean Spider-Man will have to colaborate with the X-Men?

Also, what are they up to? Are they trying to make the world (along with Spider-Man and the X-Men) pay for all they have suffered because of their status as clones?
    Maybe. Could be it, with how scrambled in the head Ben's become thanks to Beyond and all those reality-shifting quantum polymers he nearly drowned himself in, and everything that's gotten Madelyne all twisted.

They justified it by having him feel really bad and conflicted about leaving Madelyne and their son until finding out Madelyne was a clone created by Mister Sinister for the sole purpose of extracting his DNA to have a child born of Scott Summers and Jean Grey that could have advanced superpowers even by mutant standards, followed by her making a deal with a demon to awaken and enhance her inborn mutant powers and going completely insane, to the point she tried to sacrifice her own infant son, the future Cable. At that point, they wrote her off as a lost cause and after she died in the finale of the original Inferno event, they tried to brush everything that happened with Madelyne under the rug and act like it never happened.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

They justified it by having him feel really bad and conflicted about leaving Madelyne and their son until finding out Madelyne was a clone created by Mister Sinister for the sole purpose of extracting his DNA to have a child born of Scott Summers and Jean Grey that could have advanced superpowers even by mutant standards, followed by her making a deal with a demon to awaken and enhance her inborn mutant powers and going completely insane, to the point she tried to sacrifice her own infant son, the future Cable. At that point, they wrote her off as a lost cause and after she died in the finale of the original Inferno event, they tried to brush everything that happened with Madelyne under the rug and act like it never happened.
    ah thats sucks for her well she and ben have some common ground didnt ask to be created and getting wrong by their original I guess
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Not to dredge up the ol' soapbox again, but I hate how often media, not just comics, settles the implications of their protagonists mistreating an injured party by vilifying the affected individual. I think one of the writers outright said she was made irredeemably evil to justify killing her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's okay. Slender man remembers you.
    The mannequin nightmare she experienced while being tortured by demons and tricked into a deal she hadn't been aware was genuine is kinda similar to Ben's collapsing face problem. I wonder if she'll be revealed to be the one behind it, and if so, for what purpose?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

ah thats sucks for her well she and ben have some common ground didnt ask to be created and getting wrong by their original I guess
    Uh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    Not to dredge up the ol' soapbox again, but I hate how often media, not just comics, settles the implications of their protagonists mistreating an injured party by vilifying the affected individual. I think one of the writers outright said she was made irredeemably evil to justify killing her?

That's okay. Slender man remembers you.

The mannequin nightmare she experienced while being tortured by demons and tricked into a deal she hadn't been aware was genuine is kinda similar to Ben's collapsing face problem. I wonder if she'll be revealed to be the one behind it, and if so, for what purpose?
    Hmm, maybe, but what would Madelyne have to gain from helping precipitate Ben's downfall in Beyond, aside from an ally and companion? And given what happened to her, as pointed out before . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Real answer: No clue. I don't get why Ben would work with her, let alone the reverse.
    My crack theory that no one should take seriously: Janine is controlled by or is Madelyne(the sinister image in the green goo). Madelyne and Moira Jane are working together for some nefarious plot against Krakoa and are exploiting the Spider-man troupe to do it. A scheme against Mr. Sinister is a division of that setup, somehow. Mephisto pops up to laugh at everyone's expense and leaves.

BANNED

In the ’80s, the X-Men found themselves without original member Jean Grey following her death in the “Dark Phoenix Saga.” Taking advantage of the situation, Nathaniel Essex, AKA Mr. Sinister, introduced Scott “Cyclops” Summers to Madelyne Pryor, a clone of Jean, in hopes of creating the ultimate mutant. However, the resultant suffering twisted Madelyne into the deadly Goblin Queen. With Madelyne partnering up with Ben Reilly’s Chasm in the pages of FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: SPIDER-MAN/VENOM #1, let’s look at the character’s tragic and villainous history.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...angerous-clone

Astonishing Member

That last paragraph...ugh

Astonishing Member

Also, Marvel is trying to really get their money's worth of that one panel it seems
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/15...Is4AFemBQ&s=19

Astonishing Member

Edit: Double post

So are they going to hook up and cheat on their current lovers or what...?