Default The Joker #14 Preview

The Joker #14 Preview
    Writer: James Tynion IV
    Artist: Giuseppe Camuncoli
    Backup Writer: Alex Paknadel
    Backup Artist: Vasco Georgiev

Time for the coda...

Bluebird

Hoping this isn’t the last we see of Harper/Bluebird (aside from CW Gotham Knights).

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Hoping this isn’t the last we see of Harper/Bluebird (aside from CW Gotham Knights).
    Artist Sweeney Boo has been posting WIP panels of Punchline on her Instagram, I’m guessing DC’s got a plan for her and Harper’s storyline-post The Joker.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    Artist Sweeney Boo has been posting WIP panels of Punchline on her Instagram, I’m guessing DC’s got a plan for her and Harper’s storyline-post The Joker.
    I was wondering who was going to be pushing Punchline next.

Bluebird

Hopefully it’s in a story titled Bluebird.

I dropped this title after it was announced tynion was leaving. I was only reading it to follow tynions " three year plan" and once that went I dropped it. How has it been?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Time for the coda...
    We've still got another issue coming out in June, but I'm interested to see how this issue plays out. Bane is responsible for A-Day, so at some point he's going to have to be held accountable for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was wondering who was going to be pushing Punchline next.
    I'm curious about who the writer is for it, haven't heard anything from who I'd think it would continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Hopefully it’s in a story titled Bluebird.
    I wish, gosh Harper needs an Artgerm cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    I dropped this title after it was announced tynion was leaving. I was only reading it to follow tynions " three year plan" and once that went I dropped it. How has it been?
    To be honest, I think only a couple things in The Joker might get carried over into future stories. I've been trying to describe the theme of the story, but the best thing I can come up with that includes all of the characters involved is "the rippling effects of Gotham's trauma". I'm not sure how everything is going to be tied up, this series already had several storylines on the go that have to be resolved in two issues.

As per the preview, tonally it feels like the final issue, so I'm not sure what's going to be covered in June's issue. I like the touch of colouring in Detective Hallow's that shows she's still recovering from being attacked by Vengeance. I also like how if you mirror Gordon's smoke in the last preview page it's a question mark.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Incredible Member

I'm really glad to hear this, as I've really enjoyed Punchline as a character, and absolutely loved her one-shot. I do think her back-up has suffered from being a back-up and having to fit into 8-issue chunks a month. I hope the continuation is a mini series or an Urban Legends story, and hopefully not just a back-up in The Joker Season 2.

I'm also curious to see how The Joker's main storyline wraps up and see how the whole conspiracy/mystery shakes out.

Thought this was the final issue right up to the last panel of the last page of the main story.
    Cheers - CL