Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Eddie Brock became Venom again, even after the well received Flash Thompson version.
    And yet, he and Spider-Man have buried the hatchet. Hell, they consider each other friends now. Every time they have fought in the last few years now has been more of a "I don't agree with you." kind of thing instead of a "I hate you and want to eat your brains." thing.

If anything, Eddie Brock is a detriment to your argument. As is Flash. Flash started out as a bully. Most incarnations of him depict him as a bully. Then he became Venom. Then he became Anti-Venom and that's who he is now. He has shown MAJOR character growth and hasn't reverted back to status quo. Hell they tried that when they had him lose his memory and it wasn't received very well.

The Fantastic Four have snapped back numerous times. Reed died and got better. Thing died and got better. Human Torch died and got better. Thing turned into a pinecone, then reverted back to normal, then got scarred by Wolverine, then got better. Human Torch married Thing's former girlfriend, but she was a Skrull imposter. Doctor Doom's face got healed, then it got scarred again. Anytime Human Torch starts to get too serious the next writer comes along and makes him a cocky goofball again. Fantastic Four is very much the same comic it's been since the '60s, it's just had some modernisations along the way.
    I don't read FF so I can't comment on this as much as I'd like

X-Men is currently playing with a new direction. It'll snap back eventually. Just like Jubilee as a vampire didn't last.
    At this point, the X-men have gone through WAY too much for them to just snap back. Even Marvel knows this. I mean Magneto is a good example of this. He hasn't reverted back to the sterotypical comic villain he was when he first showed up.

Amazing Member

I found it interesting the way Peter mentions Norman on page 10 of ASM 1, "Randy, one of my best friends, taking potshots at me. Thinks I let him down. The worst part is, He's Right. May, Randy, Norman...They're all right"

It seems he includes Norman with May and Randy as people he let down. What happened in those six months to put Norman in the same league as one of his best friends and the woman who raised him?

I know Norman isn't evil at the moment, but even after he was cleansed by Sin Eater, Peter still didn't have any trust for him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Demoslider View Post
    I found it interesting the way Peter mentions Norman on page 10 of ASM 1, "Randy, one of my best friends, taking potshots at me. Thinks I let him down. The worst part is, He's Right. May, Randy, Norman...They're all right"

It seems he includes Norman with May and Randy as people he let down. What happened in those six months to put Norman in the same league as one of his best friends and the woman who raised him?

I know Norman isn't evil at the moment, but even after he was cleansed by Sin Eater, Peter still didn't have any trust for him.

1) time jumps are the laziest form of writing in TV shows and comic books. I hate time jumps.

2) the Norman thing is so dumb. He killed Gwen. He messed up Harry's life which in turn ruined Liz and Normie's life for a while. Norman's quest for power made him insane enough to start randomly killing innocents like that Bugle reporter that led to his goblin person being outted. And yet Peter still finds the ability to hold Norman in such high regard? That's trash writing at its finest. Actually... that's further proof that Peter HAS NOT MATURED. He keeps falling in the same status quo of trusting even his deadliest of enemies and getting totally screwed by them in the end. It's too cliche

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    And yet, he and Spider-Man have buried the hatchet. Hell, they consider each other friends now. Every time they have fought in the last few years now has been more of a "I don't agree with you." kind of thing instead of a "I hate you and want to eat your brains." thing.

If anything, Eddie Brock is a detriment to your argument. As is Flash. Flash started out as a bully. Most incarnations of him depict him as a bully. Then he became Venom. Then he became Anti-Venom and that's who he is now. He has shown MAJOR character growth and hasn't reverted back to status quo. Hell they tried that when they had him lose his memory and it wasn't received very well.

I don't read FF so I can't comment on this as much as I'd like

At this point, the X-men have gone through WAY too much for them to just snap back. Even Marvel knows this. I mean Magneto is a good example of this. He hasn't reverted back to the sterotypical comic villain he was when he first showed up.
    eddie and peter relationship is great now I really hope they dont retcom that either was one of my most favorite things about Donny Cates run
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Did Chi-Town make a comment about the comment Lowe made about him?

He sure did, check it out.
    https://youtu.be/2PAzD-eiOgw