Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    While I don't think any of the kids will be made canon, on the small chance that Marvel decides to go for it, it'll likely be Mayday, she has the biggest pull, Annie's popularity was too brief, nobody cares about Benjy, and I'm pretty sure nobody remembers Claire (And maybe she's a Mayday counterpart so we shouldn't count her too lol).

She does comment on occasion how costumes make her butt look like, so maybe she likes to flaunt it .

Oh so that's what the graffiti besides the heart says, thought it was random gibberish lol.

RYV has the biggest change in its timeline at around Civil War era, but it's probably even earlier since I doubt JMS' run happened (At the very least, he definitely didn't fight Morlun, and considering it looks like aunt May has her old hairstyle when she's dead, she likely died in the 90's era), so Gerry can have been born at some point if she didn't die randomly, specially considering that in both MC2, where she didn't get her powers back, and in 616, where she did, Gerry was born despite the very different lives they both had.

Basically, if Gerry doesn't exist in RYV, that'd be more surprising 'cause he looks like a multiversal constant.
    Which Benjy? The one that's Mayday's baby brother (and prophesized as "the Scion" of the Web of Life and Destiny back in Spider-Verse), or the protagonist of the "Abrams and Son" Spider-Man miniseries? And funny enough, Claire Parker from Life Story . . . was dressed a lot like Ultimate Jessica Drew in the final issue. As for the graffiti on that variant cover, I just noticed underneath "MJ + Spidey" a smaller one saying, "Ben Was Here." Ben as in Uncle Ben, or Ben as in Ben Reilly? If the latter, especially poignant in light of how Spider-Man Beyond concluded.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Which Benjy? The one that's Mayday's baby brother (and prophesized as "the Scion" of the Web of Life and Destiny back in Spider-Verse), or the protagonist of the "Abrams and Son" Spider-Man miniseries? And funny enough, Claire Parker from Life Story . . . was dressed a lot like Ultimate Jessica Drew in the final issue.
    I meant Abrahams' Benjy, he was bland.

Mayday's brother, I don't really care about him but he's still a better character than Abrahams' Benjy, which's not much of a feat.

As for the graffiti on that variant cover, I just noticed underneath "MJ + Spidey" a smaller one saying, "Ben Was Here." Ben as in Uncle Ben, or Ben as in Ben Reilly? If the latter, especially poignant in light of how Spider-Man Beyond concluded.
    It's obviously Reilly, it shows how bad he is now, making graffitis .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I meant Abrahams' Benjy, he was bland.

Mayday's brother, I don't really care about him but he's still a better character than Abrahams' Benjy, which's not much of a feat.

It's obviously Reilly, it shows how bad he is now, making graffitis .
    Ha, good one. Considering he and Miles were starting to bond a bit in ASM 81, and given the animated Spider-Verse films' Miles being into graffiti himself . . . maybe Miles suggested it to Ben.

Spectacular Member

spoilers:
    Saw some leaks. Spider-man 1 doesn't seem as bad as I first believed, but I could have gone without the implied:
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Maybe the Bad thing that Peter did was someting that ben did.maybe from the last page in 93.Since it starts 6 months later

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Maybe the Bad thing that Peter did was someting that ben did.maybe from the last page in 93.Since it starts 6 months later
    Ben doesn't become Chasm until six months have passed.

My super secret sources have told me that spoilers:
    Peter is actually the one behind El Paso's destruction from Cates' Hulk run
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

end of spoilers

I had forgotten about that mistery box. But I guess that nobody cares about it anymore (if ever)

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I had forgotten about that mistery box. But I guess that nobody cares about it anymore (if ever)
    Considering Cates's Hulk run introduced an A/U Peter Parker who'd become a gamma-mutated Spider-Hulk . . . or Hulk-Spider . . .

Astonishing Member

Considering Cates's Hulk run introduced an A/U Peter Parker who'd become a gamma-mutated Spider-Hulk . . . or Hulk-Spider . . .
    Well, he's dead now. Because Cates finds that kind of thing funny.
    I think that Chasm is based on Cates

I think Hulk fans are more apathetic about El Paso than Spidey fans are about this.

Going directly from Immortal Hulk's optimistic ending where Banner made peace with his alters, to "Banner has enslaved the Hulk", really put a lot of points against Cates' Hulk run by default, because even if there is a reason for it to have happened, it happening in a fucking time skip is obnoxious.

It doesn't help that, even if you ignore that Immortal Hulk came before, and the time skip, Cates' Hulk is just boring anyways.

At the very least, while ASM#1 vol 6 is boring, there is the Tomstone **** that sounds like it could be a decent enough hook, Cates' Hulk, just nothing, has the pacing of a weekly manga but it comes out monthly, and so far nothing really interesting happened.

Wonder who'll be more unlikable after a while, Wells' Spidey or Cates' Banner.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

I think Hulk fans are more apathetic about El Paso than Spidey fans are about this.

Going directly from Immortal Hulk's optimistic ending where Banner made peace with his alters, to "Banner has enslaved the Hulk", really put a lot of points against Cates' Hulk run by default, because even if there is a reason for it to have happened, it happening in a fucking time skip is obnoxious.

It doesn't help that, even if you ignore that Immortal Hulk came before, and the time skip, Cates' Hulk is just boring anyways.

At the very least, while ASM#1 vol 6 is boring, there is the Tomstone **** that sounds like it could be a decent enough hook, Cates' Hulk, just nothing, has the pacing of a weekly manga but it comes out monthly, and so far nothing really interesting happened.

Wells by far if there's no change

Well, he's dead now. Because Cates finds that kind of thing funny.
    I think that Chasm is based on Cates
    Ha, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Wells by far if there's no change
    At least Cates gives us more "Hulk smash" and balls-to-the-wall(s) action. What is Wells offering but ennui and depression?

At least Cates gives us more "Hulk smash" and balls-to-the-wall(s) action. What is Wells offering but ennui and depression?
    People wishing for a better writer.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    People wishing for a better writer.
    Isn't the point of a #1 to bring in new readers? Spencer did an excellent job of just pure story. No mystery have you what to kind of expect. No leaks and it seems like the book will be falling apart just at begins and not how it usually would after 10- 20 issues isn