Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ran Dom Knights: The Unchosen: Discussion Thread

Here is my RPG idea, one with plenty of room for satire. I won't include any of the mechanics just yet, but they will be simple and flexible. This would need at least five to seven players to work.

------
    ------

Ran Dom Knights: The Unchosen

In a world where seven Kingdoms coexist peacefully and have done so for generations, an ancient prophecy warns of a time when a great evil will walk among them. An evil that will bring conflict, chaos, and suffering.

The prophecy also states that seven knights, one from each Kingdom and identified by a mark, a symbol on their left or right hand, will be the chosen ones destined to stop this great evil.

Ah, yeah, right…….

Ever wonder who chooses the chosen ones?

Well, it seems this time around, the so-called chosen ones each met with unfortunate ‘accidents’ even before they had a chance to meet up with each other.

And, like it or not, by random chance, or for other reasons, you, being the only one to witness their demise, now have to take their place. Lucky you.

---------
    ---------

I don't want to give away too much, but feel free to ask questions.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-23-2022 at 04:56 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Place Holder for Mechanics and Player List

Place Holder for additional Info

Might think of signing up. Based on the words knights and kingdoms I'm guessing this will be fantasy base? That's where my mind is going based on those words alone.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Might think of signing up. Based on the words knights and kingdoms I'm guessing this will be fantasy base? That's where my mind is going based on those words alone.
    Fantasy/Medieval setting, with a few twists thrown in. If I get enough possible interest I will expand more on it and create a character sheet. Not every character has to be human, I am open to other races as well. There are seven Kingdoms, so one or more might be Human, and others can be other species (Elves being a classic example).

BANNED

can there be Sir Kibbles (from Kirby)? I have a whole fanfic Universe for them, and in it they have this epic leader, Mecha Knight, who is my fanfic Pet Project.
    EDIT: I'd like to sign up please.
    Last edited by Alvacron; 04-25-2022 at 08:33 PM.

Sounds very interesting. One of those "subvert the expectations" kind of situations, like Konosuba or Vox Machina.

Count me in.

I need to see more, but from what little I've seen I'm interested.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I apologize for not being able to post more about it tonight, but I will this weekend. Thanks for the show of interest.

I thought I'd have more time this weekend, but I'm still working and I don't know if I will be able to post anything.

How about a Skinwalker race ?
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

BORTHALL, THE CAT-LANCE

Sidekick to the illustrious Chosen Knight Feral, Borthall was an eager squire who wished to be known as a heroic champion! Born with the strange power of Tactile Felikinesis, he used his army of house cats as both weapons and armor. One would think this would make him a thematically ideal partner to Feral, himself a member of the secretive Stripe-Tail Tribe (tiger-folk humanoids), but in truth, Feral found his would-be apprentice rather exasperating to be around. When Feral died under mysterious circumstances, Borthall dedicated himself to continuing his Knight's heroic legacy! It would just be nice if perhaps took a moment to curb his enthusiasm and think things through a bit before rushing off at the slightest whiff of adventure.

Powers and Abilities:

Tactile Felikinesis - By maintaining physical contact with a cat, Borthall can telekinetically bend its body and manipulate it's shape, as well as alter it's density to create cat-themed weapons and armors that are harder than diamond, yet light as cloth! This does not harm the cat, and once contact is broken, the cat instantly converts back to normal, none the worse for wear. For some odd reason, this does not bother the cats, and they seem to enjoy being around Borthall. Some say he has psychic influence over the cats, but this is not true. They just like him for some reason, even wild cats that would otherwise be dangerous.

Weapons Training - Annoying as he is, prone to Quixotic tendencies as he is, Borthall is still moderately skilled with a variety of medieval weapons, though he works best when utilizing his cat army, as he can instantly customize his "equipment" to his need. He can make due with normal knightly equipment just fine.

Well now, seems like I have no choice but to move forward. Not when I see such an interesting Character Sheet.

My idea for the skinwalker race is that it could be a race where an individual has his own animal transformation that is linked to an animal spirit, and they could also have anthropomorphic transformations.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    My idea for the skinwalker race is that it could be a race where an individual has his own animal transformation that is linked to an animal spirit, and they could also have anthropomorphic transformations.
    Tell you what, I know Sharker probably just posted that for his own n amusement, but it has given me ideas. I like how simple he made it, short bio, one power, and a brief sentence about weapons/skills.

Bruce, if you want to post a bio, follow Sharkerbob's example. Keep it simple, brief, and limit it to just one special ability. You don't need to provide too much info on the Kingdom, that can come later.

If you can do that, then maybe I'll have a jumping off point for this.

Same goes for anyone else who'd like to give this a try. Feel free to ask questions. If this takes off, it might be a little less structured than most RPGS. Not quite a sandbox, but plenty of room for creativity.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-22-2022 at 08:15 AM.