Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DCAU Spin Offs That You Would Like To See

With the release Justice League Infinity, Batman: The Adventure Continues and Batman Beyond in Urban Legends, it looks there will always be a comic continuation of the DCAU in some shape or form. What are some of the DCAU spin off or continuations that you would like to see?

My picks:

Wonder Woman: I have a soft spot for this iteration of WW since it was my first exposure to her and paved the way for me to discover Perez's WW. I don't think this version of WW is bad, I think she is just incomplete with a lot of aspects left up to the imagination. So if I were given reins on a DCAU WW book, I would explore Diana's childhood on Themyscira, her living situation in Mans World (maybe she was rooming with Julia), explore Hippolyta's time in the suit, flesh out her rogues gallery (especially Circe and Cheetah), bring in Cassie and Donna.

Flash: 'Flash and Substance' gave us a peek into Flash's world and catapulted him into a fan favorite. I would love to see this world explored more. Maybe more of the romance between Wally and Linda, see the DCAU version of Savitar and whether or not there was a Barry Allen in the DCAU or not.

Nightwing: Batman Adventures #12 convinced me that we need a Nightwing series set in the DCAU. This Dick Grayson is shown working in broad day light, giving interviews to the press and being friendly with the public. The 'anti-Batman' take on Dick is great and would love to see this expanded upon even further. Maybe he meets the Titans of this universe.

Green Lantern/John Stewart: John had the most character development in JLU but there is still a lot left to be explored. Particularly his backstory, he's been GL for 15 years before he showed up in the pilot episode. How/when was he recruited? What were his early years like? Then 'In Blackest Night' he cuts off with his old GL collegues for not having his back during the trial.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

One spinoff I wanted was the Justice League Kids. Kind of like JL8, but without the controversy of the writer.

Justice League Beyond.

The Outsiders.

I'd kind of like to see a revival of S:TAS to see more adventures of that Superman and maybe show him off more outside the JL and away from Batman.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Harley & Ivy, as in, in that universe, with the comedy and seriousness that goes with it, with the appropriate rating, not limited to adults

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Harley & Ivy, as in, in that universe, with the comedy and seriousness that goes with it, with the appropriate rating, not limited to adults
    And doing Kite-man dirty?

Animated show, and minor character, I know. But it still annoys me.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The ultra obvious:

Wonder Woman

Justice League Beyond

Green Lantern

Supergirl & the Legion of Superheroes

The Flash

Anything with Vixen, but just make sure she can FLY (looking at YOU, "Justice League Unlimited")
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I would like to see a spin-off of the Seven Soldiers.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Agreed with WW and John. We didn't see much of the WW mythos.

Vixen would also be great, we actually saw her modeling and I'd be curious to see the whole celebrity aspect of the universe in more detail, it was always something we got glimpses of anyway.

A Double Date spin-off (Canary / Arrow & Huntress / Question) would be great. Loved the dynamics the girls had with each other and the couples.

Also, they mentioned an in-universe event called the "Near Apocalypse of '09", I think it was just Batman-related but they could always expand that.

The Titans also were mentioned as existing in Static Shock so I wouldn't mind that take. Roy Harper was a sidekick in-universe too so there's some history we haven't seen, can't remember if there was a Flash before Wally in the DCAU or not.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

The Question and Huntress should get a spinoff.

Really liked Jessica Cruz in the Fatal Five movie; would be cool to see her story expanded on in some form or another.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Are we talking about written by writers of our choice for the DCAU verse and with the possibility of drastic changes, or written by Bruce Timm or the others who have written the series and without much changes? Because if it is the second choice, definitively not Wonder Woman, the continuation of that tragedy would just make it even worse.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-23-2022 at 06:59 PM.

Teen Titans, Birds of Prey.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Flash Make sure Michael Rosenbaum is Wally and John Wesley Shipp reprises his role as Jay Garrick and just for shits & giggles Gustin as Barry Allen!
    Mark Hamill as Trickster, introduce Rogues old & new. It could be AWESOME.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.