Page 110 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3327
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    When they put that score up on the Jumbotron at Univerity of Phoenix Stadium... HUGE cheer.

I don't think they'll be as grateful to KC when they come here in three weeks.
    It will be a good game. I know Arizona is 9-1 so it should be a good game. Andy Reid was telling the reporters the players can';t be thinking about this game much , they have a hungry Raiders team on Thursday.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It will be a good game. I know Arizona is 9-1 so it should be a good game. Andy Reid was telling the reporters the players can';t be thinking about this game much , they have a hungry Raiders team on Thursday.
    Is that one at the Black Hole, or at Arrowhead?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Default NFL stats and More....

Atlanta blocks big FG - The Panthers tried a 63 yard FG to win the game and it was blocked.

Bears win 1st Home Game - A week after the Bears were totally dismantled by Aaron Rodgers on MNF , they had a come back win against the Vikings. This game likely saved the job of Marc Trestman for now. Because if his team had a blow out loss again you knew his head coulda been on a chopping block. Matt Forte needs only 45 receptions to break the record for catches by a RB in the season.

Ryan Mallett wins debut - In a good sign for the Texans , Ryan Mallett won his 1st start. He was helped by a pretty damn good running game which had the backup RB carry the ball 36 times. JJ Watt even scored a TD on a cool TD pass.

Saints act like loss is no big deal - In watching this game today , the Saints were down by 2 TD's going late into the 3rd. The announcers and everyone watched as the Saints seemingly acted like today's game was no big deal. They never rushed to try and catch up til the mid 4th quarter.

Bad Eli appears as usual - Eli Manning's up/down career continues as today he threw 5 Ints against the 49ers. Manning took the blame for the loss but the Giants have to wonder if they can be a winning franchise again with Eli the last 2 seasons.

Rams stun Broncos - The Broncos were flying damn high after destroying Oakland last week. Jeff Fisher had a reporter ask him on Friday did he believe his team could win. All the Rams did was whup the Broncos ass and knock a few players out of the game.

RGIII blames his team - RGIII and the Redskins were booed hard today and watched as a worse Lovie Smith team beat them. Griffin was sacked 6 times and threw 2 Ints. After the game Griffin said it was a team loss .

Mark Sanchez era hits a bumpy road - While Eagles brass and fans were ready to herald Sanchez as the ONE to lead the franchise , reality hit them hard today. Sanchez forced passes , and held onto the ball too long at times . The team was never at all in this game.

New England has a running game , the Colts don't - The Colts had to watch as Jonas Gray ran all over them tonight. Gray was basically picked up off a practice field. Meanwhile the guy they gave 1st rd pick for had 7 carries for 0 yards. Its been pretty bad that when your QB leads the team with 15 yards rushing you have major problems.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

The NFC South is still really up for grabs... all the teams are awful, and they all still get to fight amongst themselves down the stretch in divisional games. Someone's got to win that one. It's what the NFC West (worst) was in 2008, and 2010, and what the NFC (L)east was in 2013.

I'd like to think Atlanta or New Orleans could finish at 8-8, by finishing 4-2. Otherwise, they equal Seattle's 7-9 playoff run (and would host a playoff game).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'll say this... Philly beats the teams they're supposed to. The teams they're losing to all look like other playoff teams right now.
    And therein lies the problem. The Birds need to win and win lots to make up for those conference losses.

This story bears watching... the San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers' team doctors were given surprise inspections by the DEA over past players' claims that those physicians were mishandling prescription drugs. No arrests yet, but where there's smoke, there could be fire.
    I heard something about that yesterday. Certainly ominous.

Mark Sanchez era hits a bumpy road - While Eagles brass and fans were ready to herald Sanchez as the ONE to lead the franchise , reality hit them hard today. Sanchez forced passes , and held onto the ball too long at times . The team was never at all in this game.
    Not me. I've never seen Sanchez as anything more than a placeholder until Nick Foles returns. Savior? Not even close. Too many fans here had drunk too much Kool-Aid after last Monday's win over a Carolina squad that was in roadkill mode, having turned over their entire secondary while their top defensive player (Greg Hardy) was in time out due to off-field bad behavior. Yesterday was the worst case scenario for Sanchez as the Birds quickly fell into that large, early hole, forcing Chip Kelly to abandon the running game and have Sanchez chuck it up in what wound up being a doomed attempt to get back into a contest that was effectively over at the half. And asking Sanchez at this point in his star-crossed career to win a game by himself instead of managing it as part of a team effort is a fool's errand. Meanwhile, I spent most of the fourth quarter screaming bloody murder for Kelly to pull his starters since the game was long lost and I was worried about injuries. Oh, well, next up, Tennessee.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

In a bit of karma coming back on Emmanuel Sanders , the dick head who told his agent he was gonna sign with Kansas City , then John Elway called (to cock block KC essentially) and he suddenly lied about it all , well he suffered a concussion. Its rare I cheer an injury but Sanders fucked KC hard with his visit and sudden change of mind. The Chiefs GM said Sanders shook his hand and said ...we have a deal.

The Chiefs basically thought Sanders would come back that Saturday to sign the contract and he suddenly left town and as Dorsey joked , the next thing they saw was him with Denver. They joked it was pretty classless .

Sanders you deserved that concussion.

In a bit of karma coming back on Emmanuel Sanders , the dick head who told his agent he was gonna sign with Kansas City , then John Elway called (to cock block KC essentially) and he suddenly lied about it all , well he suffered a concussion. Its rare I cheer an injury but Sanders fucked KC hard with his visit and sudden change of mind. The Chiefs GM said Sanders shook his hand and said ...we have a deal.

The Chiefs basically thought Sanders would come back that Saturday to sign the contract and he suddenly left town and as Dorsey joked , the next thing they saw was him with Denver. They joked it was pretty classless .

Sanders you deserved that concussion.
    Come on, man. He doesn't deserve that concussion. Fine, if it were a broken toe or hamstring, but head injuries aren't things to joke around about.

More drama around the NFC West's preseason favorites...

San Francisco just got back Aldon Smith. So they started rotating him in on nickel defense plays. This meant Ahmad Brooks would have to share time, and sit down more. LB Brooks did not take kindly to that news, and just out-right benched himself. That locker room, under Harbaugh, remains volatile.

The Seattle Seahawks have seen reports of a schism within their locker room his the media all year, with Percy Harvin being traded, and supposedly Marshawn Lynch upset over the lack of a new contract, and reports that he was "on his way out". A lot of reporters around the team were raising eyebrows during the loss to the Chiefs yesterday when RB Lynch stayed on the field, and did not go to the locker room with the rest of the team at halftime.

San Francisco just got back Aldon Smith. So they started rotating him in on nickel defense plays. This meant Ahmad Brooks would have to share time, and sit down more. LB Brooks did not take kindly to that news, and just out-right benched himself. That locker room, under Harbaugh, remains volatile.

The Seattle Seahawks have seen reports of a schism within their locker room his the media all year, with Percy Harvin being traded, and supposedly Marshawn Lynch upset over the lack of a new contract, and reports that he was "on his way out". A lot of reporters around the team were raising eyebrows during the loss to the Chiefs yesterday when RB Lynch stayed on the field, and did not go to the locker room with the rest of the team at halftime.
    It is wrong that Seattle is screwing with Lynch if that's what is happening. That dude plays so hard and always leaves it all on the field. He will get his contract whether with the Hawks or elsewhere.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Harbaugh had better hope and pray the Niners make the playoffs, because if they don't, he'll be out the door faster than you can say "Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco treat!", given the ongoing tension in the locker room, and in the front office, what with rumors that he doesn't get along with the GM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Harbaugh wants out. He won't return even if they want him back (which they don't).

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    It is wrong that Seattle is screwing with Lynch if that's what is happening. That dude plays so hard and always leaves it all on the field. He will get his contract whether with the Hawks or elsewhere.
    I seriously doubt the team is screwing with him, this is the same **** that got him traded from Buffalo, the dude may be a great RB, but he is a team cancer because of his attitude.
    "Half this game is ninety percent mental." - Yogi Berra

I'm okay with that as long as he returns to his roots and coaches at my alma mater Michigan. We have been awful since Carr left, we need a guy like Harbaugh to restore the winning ways to the Maize and Blue
    "Half this game is ninety percent mental." - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Rage View Post
    I seriously doubt the team is screwing with him, this is the same **** that got him traded from Buffalo, the dude may be a great RB, but he is a team cancer because of his attitude.
    I dunno man. Regardless of his past, if the plan is to run him into the ground with no contract i can see how he'd be upset. Seems to me he's been a pretty class act with Seattle. You could be right though obviously none of us know what's going on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Harbaugh wants out. He won't return even if they want him back (which they don't).
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Rage View Post
    I'm okay with that as long as he returns to his roots and coaches at my alma mater Michigan. We have been awful since Carr left, we need a guy like Harbaugh to restore the winning ways to the Maize and Blue
    There are rumors he will go to Universty of Michigan, and coach the Wolverines...

There are others saying his wife still loves the Bay Area, though, and he might just jump across town to coach the rudderless Raiders in Oakland as an "FU" to 49ers GM Trent Baalke.