Page 211 of 222 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3327
    BANNED

Honestly I argue Watt is the Anti-MVP yes he played great but my god his team is not a contender all he does is hurt his teams Draft Position.

Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

If it were just me, I would probably skip the Super Bowl altogether, but since the family usually BBQ's on Sunday, I have no doubt it'll end up being watched. At least I can enjoy the commercials. Oh, and I have a family member who is *cough* financially invested in the game, so that'll be fun.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Aaron Rodgers is your MVP. No surprise, he deserves it but damn, Watt was phenominal. They are gonna have to make the playoffs if hes ever gonna get it.
    Maybe not. If he keeps having seasons like this and Hou starts winning it will be hard to keep denying him. Otherwise just rename the award the MVQ. Watt was the best player in football this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Can't argue that. Watt was my choice, but he would've needed 30 sacks to have won the award, and even then, it still would've been a close vote. Meanwhile, if Brady gets pummeled tonight by Seattle like Peyton Manning had been last year, all that talk of Tom Terrific being the greatest QB ever will go down the sewer.
    Hell ...I like Watt but why not a guy who came close to breaking the NFL sack record this season with Justin Houston ? The guy had 22 sacks. He also missed a game or two. So imagine if he hadn't missed those lol. I did like when someone in a NFL.Com article asked how people could over look Houston and the big factors was...

1.) He's not in commercials and a "Known" name .

2.) He plays for a middle of American team like the Chiefs .

3.) The Chiefs basically flew under everyone's radar and wasn't expected to achieve much in 2014 , so him nearly breaking a sack record never factored in.

4.) He didn't catch TD passes on offense as the guy joked.

Because as someone brought up , while Watt was having a great season no one was paying attention to Houston and it was sad. But that is how ya go when your team is an under the radar deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I think ESPN has gotten to the point where every "analyst" is too damned tight with the players to be unbiased. It's not just ex-players either, Stephen A. Smith and Mike Wilbon are two of the worst.
    Although Wilbon recognizes that the bears were a record setting abysmal team last year.
    Journalism is hard to take seriously at all also because of the constant let's report on anything negative giving people a false impression the world is a utterly abysmal world where virtues, decency, and anything good doesn't happen or is scarce.
    I'm aware along with all other humans that the world is a imperfect screwed up flawed place but seriously people don't need to be constantly reminded of it.

Well yes as Stephen a smith continues to make excuses for Andrew luck who is overrated but refusing to see it . If a player is going to be called the best or will be the best or someone decides to agree with it then don't give damn excuses when they royally fail which Luck has.

He might not have the arsenal the patriots have but he ain't playing with a bunch of scrubs. He's underachieved, he's overrated and right now Russell Wilson has beat out by arguable the best qb ever as he's the first nfl qb to reach two Super Bowls in 2 of his first three seasons.

There is a second Annual cat bowl on the hallmark channel. Even though cats can't play football the way humans do it's still entertaining, and there is parody of nfl player names including Tomcat Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Honestly I argue Watt is the Anti-MVP yes he played great but my god his team is not a contender all he does is hurt his teams Draft Position.
    It was funny to see the texans waste time with Fitzpatrick. He's a freakin decent backup qb but not one that will get you to the playoffs. No doubt texans would have won 10 maybe 11 if they had a decent qb.

Bottom line is coaches need to stop looking at Alex smith with how he got a remarkable turnaround with Harbaugh and Reid and think any qb can be made decent or great..
    Some qbs are simply busts, or decent backup qbs at best, and not even great coaches can change that.

2 hours!!!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm watching a marathon of my favorite TV show, How It's Made until kickoff. Why waste time with that endless pregame show?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

6 hours of PRE-GAME folks ! What can you discuss for 6 hours ? Each player for 20-25 minutes ... "And this is backup DE ....."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    6 hours of PRE-GAME folks ! What can you discuss for 6 hours ? Each player for 20-25 minutes ... "And this is backup DE ....."
    And that's why I don't bother with that nonsense.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It only logically makes sense since it's the biggest football game in the world but still odd given that they'll likely repeat stuff you already know, possibly give you amazing useless information that has no relation to the game, or recap and this is how these two teams got to the Super Bowl and why they made it to the Super Bowl.

31-25
    Seahawks over pats with Wilson throwing a game winning td
    Russell Wilson as sb MVP

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Hawks over Pats in a close one. Wilson extends his undefeated streak vs Super Bowl winning QBs. I'm going for a wildcard for MVP – Chancellor.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I'm taking the Pats

Over on 2:01 for the National Anthem by Idina Manzel

No on Katy Perry Cleavage

Hare learns from past mistakes and beat Tortoise
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Rather surprised that didn't get to chop block