Page 99 of 222 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3327
    BANNED

I could understand Philly on not wanting to be married to Foles. He's good, but not outstanding to the point where you might want to commit ten years to him or whatever.

But for cryin out loud, I hope Sanchez having a good game (where he had two interceptions) isn't the catalyst for this!

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    What's really going to help Miami is that New England's still on game 2 of their 5 game death row. Denver was by far the biggest challenge. But at Indy, Detroit, at Green Bay, and at San Diego is a tough stretch. Beating Denver gave New Englan a reprieve in that if they can win at home and steal one of 3 on the road, will allow them the chance to shore up their division by sweeping them in the final 3 games (tho I still see that Jets game as a problem area).

It's still possible Miami gets the wild card spot.
    I think they'll only lose one of those games and it will be against San Diego. Elite-but-not-elite Rivers will show up and I think some of their big injuries return right before or at that game. Green Bay has some problems that are exploitable by a QB like Brady. Something weird is happening in Detroit right now and I don't see them besting the Pats. If the good Colts show up, Pats are screwed, but their pretty inconsistent O-Line is what will determine their games from here on out.

I think Steelers/Chiefs have the Wild Card in the bag ... maybe Miami (I like Tannehill) if they keep this streak up for another 3-4 games.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

You don't give Foles a mega elite deal to start. You basically sign him to a 3 year deal with an option that if he keeps playing as well as he has and the team wins , then you sign him to that big bucks deal later on. The biggest problem is if the Eagles let Foles walk , he becomes Drew Brees 2k15 with a team and the Eagles are stuck trying to groom a rookie QB that never becomes a big player. That to me could curse the Eagles. You could chase off a guy who with a better OL , be a super star QB for your team and has put up damn good numbers in 3 seasons.

Of course this is a franchise that chased off a local hero who took his team to a number of NFC Championship games and Super Bowl with really , a not so good supporting cast for years at WR , for a QB like Michael Vick who had 1 solid year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I could see Foles in Arizona. He seems to have lots of fans there already.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I could understand Philly on not wanting to be married to Foles. He's good, but not outstanding to the point where you might want to commit ten years to him or whatever.

But for cryin out loud, I hope Sanchez having a good game (where he had two interceptions) isn't the catalyst for this!
    I agree. If they feel like butt fumble is the future, the future looks bleak.

In an effort to promote the Dallas Cowboys in the United Kingdom, the team created the hashtag #CowboysUK. They apparently did not realize that if you changed the capitalization slightly you get #CowboySuk.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

BeastieRunner can say that again:

Something weird is happening in Detroit right now ...
    They're playing well, not making stupid mistakes, finishing games and winning.

Weird is an understatement.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You don't give Foles a mega elite deal to start. You basically sign him to a 3 year deal with an option that if he keeps playing as well as he has and the team wins , then you sign him to that big bucks deal later on. The biggest problem is if the Eagles let Foles walk , he becomes Drew Brees 2k15 with a team and the Eagles are stuck trying to groom a rookie QB that never becomes a big player. That to me could curse the Eagles. You could chase off a guy who with a better OL , be a super star QB for your team and has put up damn good numbers in 3 seasons.
    I agree that letting Foles walk would be a bad idea, given the dearth of quality quarterbacks in the league, but you have to take into consideration that Chip Kelly was never really a fan of Foles, despite all his positive talk about the kid and wants his own guy. Kelly inherited Foles from Andy Reid and only played him after brittle Mike Vick whom Kelly clearly liked more broke down and Foles took advantage of the opportunity to put up once in a career numbers. I also agree that giving Foles a big contract would be foolish, but if his agent pushes for one and refuses to compromise, it'll be: "See ya, Nick. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you" and the team will take their chances with Mark Sanchez in the short term. I would rather the Birds keep Foles, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut loose after the season. The only way Foles comes back is at more modest contract numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I agree. If they feel like butt fumble is the future, the future looks bleak.
    I sure as hell don't think Sanchez is the long term answer, and I seriously doubt Kelly does either. I've always been of the opinion that Chip's quarterback of the future is still in college, who that might be, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    In an effort to promote the Dallas Cowboys in the United Kingdom, the team created the hashtag #CowboysUK. They apparently did not realize that if you changed the capitalization slightly you get #CowboySuk.
    That's Dallas for you. HA! Meanwhile, I read that Tony Turnover flew with the team to merry ol' England for that titanic tussle with the Jags, why, I have no idea. If Jerry thinks he needs Romo and his bad back to beat hapless, bottom feeding Jacksonville, then his team is really in trouble.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-05-2014 at 04:46 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Well if the Eagles keep winning like this they aren't going to get that college QB.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well if the Eagles keep winning like this they aren't going to get that college QB.
    All too true. Because of that dearth of quarterbacks I mentioned in my last post, all the top college passers that will be available in the Draft will be gone inside of the first 15 picks, and the Birds will probably be at the back of the first round, barring some wheeling and dealing by our GM. We shall see.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I could see Foles in Arizona. He seems to have lots of fans there already.
    Well, he played college ball in Tucson. If the timing was right to have Carson Palmer step out, and Foles step in after his rookie deal is done, if Philly doesn't grab him long term...

What I do know is this... Arizona's GM, Steve Keim, wanted to draft Mike Glennon, but the Bucs grabbed him. Keim is a North Carolina State alum, and wanted Russell Wilson, too. (that ain't gonna happen). But Glennon... I wouldn't be shocked if Tampa Bay gave up on the kid too soon and Arizona signed him as a 2nd or 3rd stringer, and with Tom Moore on their coaching staff, he actually coached him into a better starter.

A lot of "what if" scenarios, though. At some point, I'd like to see Arizona have a winning quarterback that they drafted, and then they keep. Closest they had at any point was Jake Plummer in the late 1990s, and he only had one winning season with the team.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That's Dallas for you. HA! Meanwhile, I read that Tony Turnover flew with the team to merry ol' England for that titanic tussle with the Jags, why, I have no idea. If Jerry thinks he needs Romo and his bad back to beat hapless, bottom feeding Jacksonville, then his team is really in trouble.
    I was thinking the same thing. Brandon Weeden or not, the Boys have the talent to take down Jacksonville. Then they have a bye-week. Give Romo another two weeks to rest up and heal and he might be okay after the bye.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Brandon Weeden or not, the Boys have the talent to take down Jacksonville. Then they have a bye-week. Give Romo another two weeks to rest up and heal and he might be okay after the bye.
    There are college teams with enough talent to take down Jacksonville.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Justice League Reserve Manchuto's Avatar

I personally Philly should keep Foles. He so far has shown that he can play the position, he knows the system and he is young. Yes you might have to pay him some money but it's not easy finding a QB nowadays.
    The Heroic Manchuto Guardian Of The Purple Moon and Protector of Metropolis and Gotham City on DC Universe Online

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Manchuto View Post
    I personally Philly should keep Foles. He so far has shown that he can play the position, he knows the system and he is young. Yes you might have to pay him some money but it's not easy finding a QB nowadays.
    It really depends on what other people might offer him. There are some teams that are desperate for anything resembling a QB and might go above Philly's price range for a man with Foles talents.