Page 1 of 222 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default 2014 NFL Season Thread

Well, we're 4 days from kickoff. Final roster cuts after preseason are being made. Seems like a good time to start the latest NFL Season thread.

If anyone's got some bold predictions until Thursday night, now's the time to make 'em.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, we're 4 days from kickoff. Final roster cuts after preseason are being made. Seems like a good time to start the latest NFL Season thread.

If anyone's got some bold predictions until Thursday night, now's the time to make 'em.
    Bold prediction. Both Super Bowl teams lose week one.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Okey dokey! Let me chime in with all my division winners!

NFC
    East: Philadelphia
    North: Green Bay
    South: Carolina
    West: Seattle
    Wild Cards: New Orleans, San Francisco

AFC
    East: New England
    North: Cincinnati
    South: Indianapolis
    West: Denver
    Wild Cards: Baltimore, Kansas City
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

NFC

AFC
    Agree with all of that but Kansas City.

NFC

AFC
    The NFC is going to have the same division winners and wild cards as last year? I don't think that has ever happened in either conference. There are usually two or three new playoff teams in each conference per year.

I also doubt the AFC has the exact same division winners and one of the same wild card slots be the same either.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 08-31-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Well, another 49ers player will be missing some time, with a suspension at some point this season to come down. By the new domestic violence rules, 6 games is the minimum.

Which is soon to be what is going to be handed down to San Francisco's Ray McDonald.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    The NFC is going to have the same division winners and wild cards as last year? I don't think that has ever happened in either conference. There are usually two or three new playoff teams in each conference per year.

I also doubt the AFC has the exact same division winners and one of the same wild card slots be the same either.
    Well, I looked at it all like this. In the NFC, no one else is going to come out of the East, in the North, a healthy Aaron Rodgers makes all the difference for Green Bay in keeping Chicago at bay, down South, I based my prediction on Atlanta not being ready to return to the playoff stage while out West, I don't see Arizona surpassing either San Fran or Seattle, however, things could change with the Niners and the legals problems their players have been having of late. As for the AFC, I'll admit I did nothing more than go with the usual suspects, the Pats are the best of the bunch in the East, only the Bengals will be competitive in the North, Indy is the class of the South while Denver holds off the Chiefs out West.

Well, another 49ers player will be missing some time, with a suspension at some point this season to come down. By the new domestic violence rules, 6 games is the minimum.

Which is soon to be what is going to be handed down to San Francisco's Ray McDonald.
    Let's see if Roger's recent tough talk about stiffer penalties for domestic abuse bears fruit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

My playoff predictions, not in order of seeding:

NFC
    South: New Orleans
    Wildcards: San Francisco, Arizona

AFC
    Wildcards: San Diego, Baltimore
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

The only prediction/hope that I have, is that my Jags can surprise everyone and get into the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by devinofthedead View Post
    The only prediction/hope that I have, is that my Jags can surprise everyone and get into the playoffs!
    You poor, poor soul.

We don't know the facts yet. And it might not even be this season as this will most likely go through the court process, which could take a while. It might be next season.

McDonald was already released on bail and says "the truth will come out". We'll see if he is guilty of any wrongdoing. This could just be another bogus claim by a woman like with the Kaepernick situation and Marshawn Lynch situation.

Even if McDonald is absent this season, we have two backups in Tank Carridine and Quiton Dial who have looked good thus far in reserve action. Especially Dial. So I'm not that worried.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 08-31-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Well, I looked at it all like this. In the NFC, no one else is going to come out of the East, in the North, a healthy Aaron Rodgers makes all the difference for Green Bay in keeping Chicago at bay, down South, I based my prediction on Atlanta not being ready to return to the playoff stage while out West, I don't see Arizona surpassing either San Fran or Seattle, however, things could change with the Niners and the legals problems their players have been having of late. As for the AFC, I'll admit I did nothing more than go with the usual suspects, the Pats are the best of the bunch in the East, only the Bengals will be competitive in the North, Indy is the class of the South while Denver holds off the Chiefs out West.
    I don't see Carolina even making the playoffs. None of the receivers on last season's roster are on this season's roster and all of them are young/inexperienced. Newton already has cracked ribs too. And it's not like he was a prolific passer to begin with. I say they finish 7-9 with the Saints dominating that division.

I would probably take the Eagles to win the East, but at the same time I could see it being close with the Redskins. Arizona isn't passing the 49ers in the west, come on. They're lost key pieces to their defense for the entire year. And how much can Carson Palmer really be trusted from year to year. Dude is a turnover machine.

In other news Alex Boone is reporting back to the 49ers Monday with a restructured deal.

My Predictions:

AFC East: Patriots
    AFC North: Bengals
    AFC South: Colts
    AFC West: Broncos
    Wildcard: Ravens, Chargers

NFC East: Eagles
    NFC North: Packers
    NFC South: Saints
    NFC West: Seahawks
    Wildcard: 49ers, Cardinals

Sorry to hear that another person is subject to domestic violence. These players need to seek counseling on anger management. I think it should be a required program in high school and college.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In good news for Alex Smith , the Chiefs signed him to a 4 year extension with $45 million guaranteed. The Chiefs however haven't helped Smith this season with OL issues and WR being a major problem. The team needs the young players they have in both positions to step up major or....hope they get a great early round pick next year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.