Page 217 of 222 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3327

Kurt Warner & Warren Moon have been ragging on the Pats all season. They have been really nasty the last 2 weeks. The kharmic balance was not lost on my dad (a Hawk fan since the beginning) and me (a Pats fan since the 80s) when Kurt had to give them the Lombardi. My dad said that's what'cha get for running your mouth so much.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I was working security at the stadium... no lie, Chris Carter pops out of the entrance I was working at and goes, "SERIOUSLY, C'MON, WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THAT PLAY CALL?"

I'm on some level, feeling like this is my ultimate test as a football fan and I go, "How do you not feed Beast Mode when you have 2nd and goal at the 1/2 yard line, he just got you 5 yards on 1st and goal from the 6, and you have 2 time outs?"

"THAT"S WHAT I'M SAYIN! I MEAN, I'M NOT ROOTING FOR EITHER TEAM, BUT AS A PLAY CALLER..."

So awesomely surreal. CC just vents with strangers. Great to experience as a fan, on the clock.
    HA! Great experience there, wbe! Meanwhile, that call by Seattle will be talked about and dissected by fans and talking heads all week long I suspect.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The fans asking this repeatedly should have happened after the 49ers 2-3 years ago did the same exact deal. They made Kaepernick throw 4 straight downs. They had the running Kaepernick and Frank Gore back there. Many would ask...WHY ? Why throw 4 straight downs at the 3-4 yard line ?
    Well a draw play was called to Colin on 2nd down in that Super Bowl, but a delay of game was looming and Jim Harbaugh called a timeout. Shame, because it looks like he would have gotten in if the whistle wasn't called. But yeah, having Frank Gore in the backfield and not going to him once was stupid. The entire Harbaugh era will be remembered for red zone offensive problems.

I was working security at the stadium... no lie, Chris Carter pops out of the entrance I was working at and goes, "SERIOUSLY, C'MON, WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THAT PLAY CALL?"

I'm on some level, feeling like this is my ultimate test as a football fan and I go, "How do you not feed Beast Mode when you have 2nd and goal at the 1/2 yard line, he just got you 5 yards on 1st and goal from the 6, and you have 2 time outs?"

"THAT"S WHAT I'M SAYIN! I MEAN, I'M NOT ROOTING FOR EITHER TEAM, BUT AS A PLAY CALLER..."

So awesomely surreal. CC just vents with strangers. Great to experience as a fan, on the clock.
    I love Cris Carter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Damn Missy Elliot that is a surprise.
    Honestly enjoyed her much more than Katy Perry and Kravitz, and didn't consider myself a fan. Nostalgia?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The flip-flopping of who's the most unlikeable continues for me, lol. I went in here hating on the Pats, now I'm hating on Seattle again for being sore losers. And I don't' even have to wait on that one to be proven. They were just starting to win me over a bit too. I like their fire and their competitiveness, but you can't act like that. It was a great game that one team had to lose and that happened to be you guys. Do it gracefully and with class.

I think regardless of what happens in the future now, Tom Brady is your Greatest of All-Time. Personally I'll still take guys like Montana who did their thing in a day and age where it was much tougher on an offense to get things done, but I'm pretty sure general consensus is going to be Tom Brady.
    I feel the same way. Much harder in Montana's day, that's why I consider what Marino did to be so amazing. When Brees beat it and then you consider the rules changes to barely beat it, and that it took so long (and doesn't get beaten every year) that shows how special it was. But it's a different game now, mostly because of Brady and Peyton. I will say I was afraid defense would be a thing of the past, but give the Seahawks (and the 49ers) credit, they showed defense just has to adapt and evolve. Quick and smart over big and nasty (though there's still a bit of that too, Bennett was giving me a heart attack all night).

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    But then he goes to Disneyland and catches the Measles.

Girlfriend said it was fixed.

The Super Bowl line opened with the Seahawks as a two-point favorite, but it has now swung to the Patriots being one-point favorites at many sports books.
    http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/1/26/...-seahawks-2015

Super Bowl XLIX MVP - Odds to Win

Tom Brady 8/5

Russell Wilson 7/2

Marshawn Lynch 4/1

Rob Gronkowski 9/1

LeGarrette Blount 12/1

If the HAwks won..Vegas odds would have had to pay more.
    Maybe I'm wrong (not a betting expert), but I think it swung the Pats way in Vegas because dumb people were putting a lot of money on them and they wanted to limit the pay-out if they won.

That is amazing.

As a Pats fan, and a pessimistic fan at that (had them going 8-8 this season and one and done when I saw that they were playing the Ravens, and was nearly right) this game was a huge roller coaster. Not sure how it felt to people with no stake (fandom stake, that is, I have no personal investment in the team), but that game felt like it was ours for the taking to start, then doomed right up until it was 28-24, then I was absolutely certain with that Tyree-like BS catch (it wasn't BS, it was a spectacular heads-up play that would have gone down all time with Tyree if they'd pulled it out) that it was over and that was all she wrote. 2nd and goal from the 1 with everything on the line and a guy we were lucky to hold to only 2-3 yards a carry and 3 tries (that was clearly 4th down territory)?

And even the, the way Wilson was throwing/scrambling for it? I don't know if you give a kid MVP for one play (actually, the two big plays he had previously were amazing he just had the misfortune of batting it up for that spectacular catch) but we absolutely do not win the game without him. Not sure what else you need. As to the brawl near the end, I don't feel angry at the Seahawks players. I feel bad. They were one bad play away from back-to-back Championships. They did their job. And it was certain, it was in the bag, and it was ripped away from them. Can't imagine how that must have felt. Would have felt embarrassed but would have understood it if the shoe were on the other foot. Slept on it and can't even remember half of what happened. Feel like I need to go back and watch it again.

What a totally freaking awesome game and result. That's my team!

But holy crap, when Kearse caught that damn circus ball, I screamed out "Not another Tyree or Manningham!"
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 02-02-2015 at 05:09 AM.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

One of the best Superbowls in recent memory. If that had been the last three minutes of a film, no one would believe it.

The Halftime show was great, too. The commericals, on the other hand...what kind of tone was the NFL trying to strike here? They ranged from sappy to morbid with few exceptions. (The Liam Neeson commerical was perfection.)

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    One of the best Superbowls in recent memory. If that had been the last three minutes of a film, no one would believe it.

The Halftime show was great, too. The commericals, on the other hand...what kind of tone was the NFL trying to strike here? They ranged from sappy to morbid with few exceptions. (The Liam Neeson commerical was perfection.)
    The NFL has zero to do with the commercials. That is all between NBC and the advertisers.

BANNED

The Kaling one was my favorite.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    The NFL has zero to do with the commercials. That is all between NBC and the advertisers.
    I'm not sure how heavy-handed the NFL is with the process, but it doesn't seem like a coincidence that the commericals were sappy, morbid and subdued in a year when the organization is wrestling with its public image.

BANNED

Marshawn Lynch catches a lot of grief..but when they asked him was he shocked he did not receive the run play. he said " No. Because football is a team sport"
    Stand up guy.

I'm not sure how heavy-handed the NFL is with the process, but it doesn't seem like a coincidence that the commericals were sappy, morbid and subdued in a year when the organization is wrestling with its public image.
    Do you really think a corporation would let the NFL decide what commercials they put out when they're paying millions of dollars for 30-60 second spots? They are subservient to sponsors, not the other way around. I think the sappy tone is just a natural cycle of change brought on by the wariness of what was the norm a few years ago. Though, I think there were plenty of sappy SB commercials every year.

I dislike both teams, but I was leaning more towards a Seahawks win. That last play was just mind boggling. I guess the worst moment of the game was watching a certain family member lose out on 6 Benjamin Franklin's when the Seahawks scored at the end of the 2nd quarter...

The NFL is paid billions of dollars for the right to show their games and sell advertising. They have no more say on how the commercials are made than during any show. It's like saying the Producers of CSI have a say on the content of commercials.

There might be some say on a controversial commercial after it is made, but they are not involved in the creative process. Unless the commercial has some NFL content.

Its raining in Seattle right now...oddly appropriate if you ask me...victory was inches away...and now fucking tom brady has a 4th super bowl ring...Pats fans don't realize how lucky they are right now (or at least the pats fans i've talked too...).

Even if Seattle had won...their a team that needs work. Even though they made some big plays here and there...our WRs are EXTREMELY pedestrian. Like they never get open unless Russ does some razzle dazzle.

But in the end the sun will rise in the east and set in the west. And September can not come soon enough!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Like a picture where Joe Montana was seen in the locker room , his back to the camera and facing his team as leader....this Brady pic will likely go into his future book. A very content Tom Brady. His legacy finally secure as the greatest QB in NFL history.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.