Page 65 of 222 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Colts battle the Texans tonight. What are the chances this won't be yet another ridiculous blowout?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Better, because the Texans are the home team and their QB is still Ryan Fitzpatrick

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, the new NHL season is underway, and my Flyers play their home opener tonight, so I'll be watching that mainly while zipping to CBS during commerical breaks and intermission. Yes, my interest in Thursday Night Football isn't that great.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Super-E, I'd love it if the Jets took McDaniels back off our hands like they took Man-genius. Sadly I think they're wiser now.

Justice League Reserve Manchuto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And fans continue to believe every QB the Jets have suck. Honestly this has been pretty much proven that the Jets don't have the offensive players to work. They could have Tom Brady back there and struggle .
    I agree, in order for any QB to be successful he needs to have tools and some talent. Just look at what Brady has at the moment and his "stats" and numbers compared to what he did with Randy Moss and Wes Welker at the Wide receiver positions. All he has at the moment is a Pro Bowl Tight End. The Jets have basically no one and they expect so much.
    The Heroic Manchuto Guardian Of The Purple Moon and Protector of Metropolis and Gotham City on DC Universe Online

BANNED

I have to give them credit for trying though. They signed Santonio Holmes, they signed Eric Decker, they got Thomas Jones and LT off the scrap heap and turned them into something, failed to do the same with CJ2K but at least they tried. They drafted Stephen Hill, just didn't work out. And moving up to get Sanchez in the first place, and being smart enough to gamble on Geno in Round 2 instead of reaching for him in Round 1 after learning their lesson with Sanchez was a good call.

Every team has trouble drafting in some areas. My Patriots can't draft WRs or DBs to save our lives. LBs, DTs, TEs, OL we're good (and looking at Garoppolo maybe QB too, I consider Brady a fluke lucky pick), but not being able to stretch the field and not being able to cover the pass have been killing us every postseason for the past 10 years (minus Moss years).

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Colts battle the Texans tonight. What are the chances this won't be yet another ridiculous blowout?
    Favorable if bad fitz shows up to throw 3 ints or more.
    But I'm optimistic this will be a good close game that isn't a blowout.

I won't be shocked when the colts get exposed because they haven't faced anything like watt and the texans defense and they won't know how to effectively deal with it enough to win.

I won't be able to watch as it'll be in the middle of my work morning.

I'd guess a 50/50 chance of blowout vs close game. I'm not sold on the current version of the Colts.

It might be a blowout, Texans are banged up.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

So Matt Ryan and cutler are tied for 6 ints most in nfl and damn both their teams play each other Sunday.

Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne two elite wrs from will be shown in this Thursdays football game.
    I'll agree I would have loved to see Johnson's numbers if he played with a hall of fame qb.
    If he did I would imagine he could match Chris Carter's numbers or Tim brown.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Super-E, I'd love it if the Jets took McDaniels back off our hands like they took Man-genius. Sadly I think they're wiser now.
    With Daniels he was 33 years old and suddenly handed the reigns of a team. His GM was 38 . If you look a lot of the young players drafted were from the years those 2 were responsible.

Daniels is now 38. He's likely saw the issues he had then and its why he's been selective on jobs to take.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

17-0 halfway through the first. How surprising.

Edit: Finally, at least now things are respectable.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-09-2014 at 06:34 PM.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

IND 27 HOU 21

Do I smell comeback? Or do I smell shit?
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

I do believe your nose knows.

33-28 now with over 10:00 left. I do believe it became a ball game (that I wasn't watching ).
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

That's probably the worst PI call I've seen called all year. Just absolutely nothing going on there. Superstar call for Luck that would make NBA refs proud.