Page 31 of 222 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Justice League Reserve Manchuto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Colts. The Giants are looking terrible and would have to make up a 2 game deficit against the Eagles, who look great. .
    Yeah I don't have an answer on how terrible they are. The receivers are just dropping balls left and right. The offensive line is not playing well and Eli is still throwing interceptions. Thankfully there is fantasy football to keep me sane.
    The Heroic Manchuto Guardian Of The Purple Moon and Protector of Metropolis and Gotham City on DC Universe Online

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Here's a nice article explaining just what the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission List is. They also speculate that Greg Hardy is next in line for the list.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

When it rains it pours, and it seems like we're just piling on now.

Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer arrested on domestic violence charges.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

Tsk! Aren't these knuckleheads paying attention? Didn't Ray Rice, AP and Hardy teach these neanderthals that it's bad business to assault women (and/or children) these days?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

I'm proud of the team for immediately deactivating him when the police moved on it. It's better than some of the reactions seen in Carolina, Minnesota, and San Francisco (who still apparently are planning to let McDonald play, in spite of him having assaulted his pregnant girlfriend).
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm proud of the team for immediately deactivating him when the police moved on it. It's better than some of the reactions seen in Carolina, Minnesota, and San Francisco (who still apparently are planning to let McDonald play, in spite of him having assaulted his pregnant girlfriend).
    Well, at least the Panthers and Vikings acted and put their bad eggs on the shelf, granted they did so after public pressure and sponsors beefing spurred them to action. I wonder if said pressure or sponsor griping will force Jim Harbaugh's and/or the 49ers' hand with McDonald.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, at least the Panthers and Vikings acted and put their bad eggs on the shelf, granted they did so after public pressure and sponsors beefing spurred them to action. I wonder if said pressure or sponsor griping will force Jim Harbaugh's and/or the 49ers' hand with McDonald.
    Honestly, I had heard last week Arizona had signed Chris Raney (another former Steeler) to their practice squad, and was already annoyed they brought in a scumbag. Then the word out yesterday afternoon was that they brought him in, in spite of his previous domestic abuse and stalking charges because a player on their active roster vouched for his character.

That player was Jonathan Dwyer.

Calling my season ticket agent in the morning to let them know I'm not thrilled, in either case. And that I'm not exactly wanting them to move heaven and earth for Daryl Washington, either.

Clean house. With all these guys. I don't care if it hurts their chances of winning, it's not worth it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I'm glad Peterson and Hardy are off the football field but I'm not in the least bit prepared to give the organizations involved any credit for doing so. Liked Mike Greenberg's analogy this morning, that basically they're just picking up strands of grass, throwing it in the air and seeing which way it blows. People respect action, not pathetic backpeddling reaction.

And where in the hell is Goodell in all of this? The biggest crisis the NFL has had in...well perhaps ever, which he in large part is responsible for creating via corrupt enabling, and he disappears from public eye. Coward.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-18-2014 at 04:04 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Getting back to the onfield things ..... I called it last year. Trent Richardson continues to be the worst trade ever for a pro football team. The idea was Richardson would be banging for hard yards and giving Luck a good steady RB to take pressure off him late in games. Instead ...its not happened. Richardson isn't a good RB and it shows. People blamed the Browns but when a RB has declining rushing YPC each season , its not a good sign.

The Colts GM won't accept that Richardson wasn't worth that #1 pick he traded away. But its clear the Browns even though they lost games last year , came out ok with that. Where else can a team trade a high #1 pick with declining rushing yards and per carry for a late #1 pick ? It doesn't happen.

As one site joked .... Darren Sproles was acquired for a 5th rd pick this off-season. A 5th rd pick ! The risk was so low for the Eagles they knew if Sproles wasn't the RB they thought he was , he could be let go for a rookie or another guy. Its amazing to see how the Eagles seemed to see this guy and knew he'd fit perfect with what they do.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Getting back to the onfield things ..... I called it last year. Trent Richardson continues to be the worst trade ever for a pro football team. The idea was Richardson would be banging for hard yards and giving Luck a good steady RB to take pressure off him late in games. Instead ...its not happened. Richardson isn't a good RB and it shows. People blamed the Browns but when a RB has declining rushing YPC each season , its not a good sign.

The Colts GM won't accept that Richardson wasn't worth that #1 pick he traded away. But its clear the Browns even though they lost games last year , came out ok with that. Where else can a team trade a high #1 pick with declining rushing yards and per carry for a late #1 pick ? It doesn't happen.

As one site joked .... Darren Sproles was acquired for a 5th rd pick this off-season. A 5th rd pick ! The risk was so low for the Eagles they knew if Sproles wasn't the RB they thought he was , he could be let go for a rookie or another guy. Its amazing to see how the Eagles seemed to see this guy and knew he'd fit perfect with what they do.
    Don't tell the Colts' Coaches that!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

So the browns recognized Richardson was a bust, and got rid of him.
    A Great move by the browns, not often you hear those words in the same sentence.

Also Sherman was called our by the media after not sticking around after a loss of the stinker vs the chargers. This is made a big deal because Sherman has no problem talking and sticking around after a win bur didn't after a loss.
    I am talking in regards to this season. So it'll be interesting to see if Sherman sticks around for the other times the Seahawks loss this season possibly to the cards, 49ers, and several other teams.

BANNED

Whenever you run your mouth and say "I'm so great" you put a target on your back for the day that you don't. And now he looks like an immature kid for hiding after a bad game and then getting defensive on twitter. This doesn't happen of he was more humble.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Whenever you run your mouth and say "I'm so great" you put a target on your back for the day that you don't. And now he looks like an immature kid for hiding after a bad game and then getting defensive on twitter. This doesn't happen of he was more humble.
    We can just also agree that no one of the media approached him to talk to him is mile high baloney.

Bucs at Falcons
    The bucs will be looking to avoid a 0-3 start that would also make them 0-3 in division games along with not another close but no cigar. They'll need to score more than 24 points to win I believe on the road vs the falcons.
    The bengals defense made he falcons look putrid not shocked their d looks like it is cream of the crop, and it was a home game for the bengals. The falcons will be looking to rebound from a stinker.
    I'm optimistic this will be a very good game.

Don't believe the Bucs have the offense to compete here, they've yet to break 20 points and they've given up three scores to backup qbs the past 2 weeks. Indeed this will be the first starting qb they've faced this season.

It's also in Atlanta, Jake Mathews is back in while Mason Foster is out.

Atlanta just put 70 yards and a td on the board in under 3 minutes, this could get ugly.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-18-2014 at 05:32 PM.