Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222
Results 3,316 to 3,327 of 3327
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Unless the Bucs do a monster trade with the Eagles and fix their QB spot , then I suspect they will draft a QB with that 1st rd pick. They need a QB after cutting McNown and dangling Glennon for a trade. If I'm the Bucs I try and dangle that 1st rd pick and ask the Eagles ...how fucking bad do you want it ?

I'd ask for 3 1st rd picks , 2 2nd rd picks and Nick Foles. In any case I make sure the deal includes Nick Foles. Because if you trade away Glennon , your gonna need that QB. Plus your gonna get the draft picks.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Unless the Bucs do a monster trade with the Eagles and fix their QB spot , then I suspect they will draft a QB with that 1st rd pick. They need a QB after cutting McNown and dangling Glennon for a trade. If I'm the Bucs I try and dangle that 1st rd pick and ask the Eagles ...how fucking bad do you want it ?

I'd ask for 3 1st rd picks , 2 2nd rd picks and Nick Foles. In any case I make sure the deal includes Nick Foles. Because if you trade away Glennon , your gonna need that QB. Plus your gonna get the draft picks.
    Considering the Herschel Walker deal, which is pretty much the bar setter for overly lucrative trades, only involved two 1st rounders and no starter caliber quarterback, methinks that may be hoping for a biiiiiiit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Considering the Herschel Walker deal, which is pretty much the bar setter for overly lucrative trades, only involved two 1st rounders and no starter caliber quarterback, methinks that may be hoping for a biiiiiiit too much.
    Washington set the price on a big QB 2 seasons ago with RGIII. They traded 3 1st rd picks and 2 2nds. If Super Mario is considered the can't miss prospect and #1 QB on the board and the Bucs own the #1 pick in the draft...they can command Foles and those 5 draft picks for him.

If the Eagles are this stupid , then the Bucs will gladly bend them over and do it. Chip Kelly wants him , its the asking price he will have to give for him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

There's a lot of expert opinion (take that for what it's worth) that Mariota is clearly the second best QB in the draft as far as talent goes and may not thrive in the NFL. To give up more than an extra first to get Mariota would be a huge mistake for the Eagles. Throwing in Foles is fine. I'm sure Kelly will pay lip service and talk about wanting Mariota all he can because he wants to help the kid, and also because he knows he's not going to be drafting him. Jameis Winston is the #1, can't-miss QB in this draft. It's his off the field issues that people are concerned with, and why we probably won't have a QB taken 1st overall in the draft.

As to what Washington did, now that Al Davis is dead they are the model franchise for what not to do in any arena of the game/business.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    There's a lot of expert opinion (take that for what it's worth) that Mariota is clearly the second best QB in the draft as far as talent goes and may not thrive in the NFL. To give up more than an extra first to get Mariota would be a huge mistake for the Eagles. Throwing in Foles is fine. I'm sure Kelly will pay lip service and talk about wanting Mariota all he can because he wants to help the kid, and also because he knows he's not going to be drafting him. Jameis Winston is the #1, can't-miss QB in this draft. It's his off the field issues that people are concerned with, and why we probably won't have a QB taken 1st overall in the draft.

As to what Washington did, now that Al Davis is dead they are the model franchise for what not to do in any arena of the game/business.
    QB is still considered the top deal in a draft. I'm not sold on either guy personally. But there is gonna be some big debate from which team selects Mariota or Winston. If Kelly wants Maroita as he claims , he's gonna try and trade up for him. One report was he knew he was gonna have to put a lot there to do it.

BANNED

I think if the talent (or in Winston's case, the baggage) are in question we might get a repeat of the Manuel/Geno draft where teams wisely held off. I doubt it will be as long, but I certainly don't think they're a lock to go 1st or 2nd overall. As to the Eagles, they have a lot of talent on that team but they also have holes on defense and could use line depth which they'll have their pick of at 20.

I think if the talent (or in Winston's case, the baggage) are in question we might get a repeat of the Manuel/Geno draft where teams wisely held off. I doubt it will be as long, but I certainly don't think they're a lock to go 1st or 2nd overall. As to the Eagles, they have a lot of talent on that team but they also have holes on defense and could use line depth which they'll have their pick of at 20.
    Again i agree its wiser if the Eagles held off and kept Foles. Even his own team mates feel Nick Foles deserves to be the guy. That he only struggled due to OL play , lack of running game those weeks he started and the fact they cut their top WR . Its just that Chip Kelly has made no secret , he doesn't seem to want Foles in that offense and feels Mariota runs it best.

Wise thinking would be , hold onto the 20th pick , go OL or defense. But this is the Eagles.

Part of me wishes Kansas City would trade up and try for that Cooper kid at WR. To go after the #1 WR on the board and then OL the next few picks.

BANNED

It's supposed to be a pretty deep draft for WR again this year, should have a decent choice at 18.

It's supposed to be a pretty deep draft for WR again this year, should have a decent choice at 18.
    I hope they can. KC needs 1 or 2 solid WR's to be able to come in and help that passing game. You can't throw every TD to a TE and RB again. As silly as that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Washington set the price on a big QB 2 seasons ago with RGIII. They traded 3 1st rd picks and 2 2nds. If Super Mario is considered the can't miss prospect and #1 QB on the board and the Bucs own the #1 pick in the draft...they can command Foles and those 5 draft picks for him.

If the Eagles are this stupid , then the Bucs will gladly bend them over and do it. Chip Kelly wants him , its the asking price he will have to give for him.
    The problem is that RG3 is pretty much a walking cautionary tale about how dumb it is to give that much away for an unproven commodity. or it least I'd like to think so but Lord knows with some of these GMs.

WR and DE are the largest, deepest, most talented draftees this year.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I'm not sure you understand. It's an officially paid ad. It isn't now, nor was it ever, some spontaneous expression. It's arranged beforehand.
    Ok I understand now you told me. That's why the hooters one is kickass because it's spontaneous and isn't a paid ad.

The scandals don't end
    Falcons under investigation for using noise generation in their stadium for the last two seasons.
    If it's true very awful for the falcons because even with having used this advantage they simply sucked in 2013, and 2014 they got ran over like roadkill in the final game not able to win the worst division in the nfl.
    So there is cheating and succeeding, and cheating but not succeeding which is awful that the falcons could be in the ship of.