Page 220 of 222 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222 LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3327
    Fantastic Member

As a New England fan I am very lucky. The New England teams have won all the major championships in about 10 years. This is easily the 'golden era' of New England sports.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    As a New England fan I am very lucky. The New England teams have won all the major championships in about 10 years. This is easily the 'golden era' of New England sports.
    parades.jpg

This guy's happy too.

BANNED

I find it hilarious that when players use PEDs a lot of fans just don't care. Didn't Seattle have something like 6 players caught using PEDS in the year they won the Super Bowl? No draft stripped draft picks can't recall if fines. Suspensions yes for some but that's it. A deflated ball or looking at someone that the whole stadium can see and it's used to undermine 6 Super Bowl appearances.
    There's a sort of understanding with PED use in the NFL that since it's so widespread, for every person who gets caught there are probably about a dozen players who are using and haven't been yet, so it would be a little unfair to punish them too harshly for it. Maybe the lax enforcement of the existing rules is implicitly encouraging players to use steroids, but I doubt the NFL wants to change its policy any time soon since that would be another black mark for them in the public eye.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    There's a sort of understanding with PED use in the NFL that since it's so widespread, for every person who gets caught there are probably about a dozen players who are using and haven't been yet, so it would be a little unfair to punish them too harshly for it. Maybe the lax enforcement of the existing rules is implicitly encouraging players to use steroids, but I doubt the NFL wants to change its policy any time soon since that would be another black mark for them in the public eye.
    Doesn't the NFLPA have to sign off on any changes to the current drug policy, which includes accepted testing practices? If I remember correctly, it was a tough fight just to get the current testing practices that exist today. And I don't agree with the idea that because other players are probably cheating that it's accepted.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    parades.jpg

This guy's happy too.
    The patriots have been a model of greatness in terms of consistency while Red Sox have had more off or bad years including Red Sox of 2014, and 2012 the year before they won a World Series vs the cards.

I'm going to disney world is the most predictable cliche in regards to what are you going to do now after winning a Super Bowl. One guy did say I'm going to hooters.

The falcons possibly could have used generated crowd noise yet they still manage to hugely suck for 2013, and can't even win the worst division in the NFL again sucking.
    There is cheating and succeeding, cheating but not succeeding which is terrible in it's own way.

Don't forget Tom Brady appearing as himself in Ted 2.
    The patriots are to the nfl what the Yankees were in the 90s. They had a decade of dominance, and this current decade looks to be another great decade.

Very interesting Colin Cowherd said in regards to nfl coach press conferences after getting hired the coaches shouldn't sell a bunch of hype plus accentuate but rather say their deficiencies along with be real. Basically be realistic, don't tell them what they want to hear.
    Selling people hope, and giving people unrealistic expectations will leave people all the more disappointed.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon doesn't know how this works?:

I'm going to disney world is the most predictable cliche in regards to what are you going to do now after winning a Super Bowl. One guy did say I'm going to hooters.
    Of course it's predictable, they pay a lot of money to have them say that.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Don't forget Tom Brady appearing as himself in Ted 2.
    The patriots are to the nfl what the Yankees were in the 90s. They had a decade of dominance, and this current decade looks to be another great decade.

Very interesting Colin Cowherd said in regards to nfl coach press conferences after getting hired the coaches shouldn't sell a bunch of hype plus accentuate but rather say their deficiencies along with be real. Basically be realistic, don't tell them what they want to hear.
    Selling people hope, and giving people unrealistic expectations will leave people all the more disappointed.
    Years ago back in 1994 , Buddy Ryan was announced as Head Coach with the Cardinals. His famous speech had him proclaim "You got a winner in town now !"

Ryan lasted 2 seasons and was fired.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

But, what about the New England Revolution in Major League Soccer? They haven't won anything!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Years ago back in 1994 , Buddy Ryan was announced as Head Coach with the Cardinals. His famous speech had him proclaim "You got a winner in town now !"

2 seasons where he would walk into the GM's office and rave about signing his "old guys" from Philadelphia, who would come in, collect a paycheck, and mail it in until they were ready to retire. Plus he gave his kids assistant coach gigs, to boot.

The odds of the Bidwills ever signing any of that bloodline again, ever... pretty close to nil.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But, what about the New England Revolution in Major League Soccer? They haven't won anything!
    That's why I said 'major' championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Of course it's predictable, they pay a lot of money to have them say that.
    Thats why I think it should stop being shown unless it's something different. The hooters one was kickass in that it wasn't predictable and didn't follow the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

One ought to be realistic when your playing in the afc east with pats and Brady reigning over that division, dolphins aren't a scrub finish close games that was their kryptonite, the jets currently they're a lost team.
    It's possible for the bills to be a wild card team.

So 16 the bills still have the record nfl drought of not having made the playoffs. Only two winning seasons in those 16 miserable years, and twice they've blown opportunities to make the playoffs in the final month 2004 season couldn't beat steelers to make it in, and most recently they blew it in week 16 losing to the freakin raiders.

I imagine people after 5 seasons of not made the playoffs people started to bet the bills won't make the playoffs to any bills fans they know each season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    One ought to be realistic when your playing in the afc east with pats and Brady reigning over that division, dolphins aren't a scrub finish close games that was their kryptonite, the jets currently they're a lost team.
    It's possible for the bills to be a wild card team.

So 16 the bills still have the record nfl drought of not having made the playoffs. Only two winning seasons in those 16 miserable years, and twice they've blown opportunities to make the playoffs in the final month 2004 season couldn't beat steelers to make it in, and most recently they blew it in week 16 losing to the freakin raiders.

I imagine people after 5 seasons of not made the playoffs people started to bet the bills won't make the playoffs to any bills fans they know each season.
    It really boggles my mind how the GM listened to Marrone to go balls out that final game. They had nothing to play for. They could have seen if EJ Manuel was worth a fuck to redeem next year. But as we saw , Marrone had no intention of coming back next season. But hey , Bills fans got that winning season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Default NFL News -

- Peyton Manning is gonna try and return for an 18th season apparently. He is working with a strength coach to try and improve his slipping arm strength.

- Wes Welker is reportedly close to retirement. His head injuries and his abilities slipping this past season has led him to retire. He's a free agent but at 33 , not many are expected to want him. Welker will still go down as one of the greatest un-drafted free agents in history . His numbers :

890 receptions 9,822 yards 50 Tds. What is stunning in his 11 seasons , Welker missed 2 of them due to injuries and not playing. One season ended early due to an injury (Welker was on pace for 100+ receptions in 2010 before an ACL injury took him out).

- The Seahawks are waiting to see if Marshawn Lynch will return next season. Lynch was offered a very big contract extension (reports are he will make $10+ million in 2015) but the Seahawks GM is waiting to see if he will be back.

- An ex-Browns employee brought up the difficult job he had being the Browns Director of Player Engagement for Josh Gordon's 1st 2 seasons. Basically Aaron Shea was the handler for players and kept them in line ...or tried to. Shea explains on NFL.Com that it was a tough job and he'd pull into parking lot each morning hoping that Josh Gordon and Trent Richardson would show up. His words for Gordon was simple , "Grow up..."

- This is the top 25 Free Agents this off-season. Expect a good many to be franchised tagged like Dez Bryant and Justin Houston.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gents-for-2015