Page 160 of 222 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3327
    King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

2015 NFL Pro Bowl selections:

Denver sends the most players (9)

Dallas sends the most of the NFC with (6)

NYG, Jax, Ten & Min send none.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    He has one more year at best. Once your arm goes it's the difference between the ball just getting their, or it being a second late or off and everyone can make play on it. Manning has the weakest arm in the league.
    Yep. He's been doing it with smoke and mirrors most of the season using his mental skill to overcome his noodle arm but now defenses seem to have figured out how best to defend him given his arm limitations. Its no mistake that Denver has relied so heavily on CJ Anderson lately as the coaching staff realizes it too. Its going to take a magical effort by the Denver D to overcome this now very limited offense.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post

No Odell Beckham Jr. who figures to win Rookie of the Year? Bogus!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    No Odell Beckham Jr. who figures to win Rookie of the Year? Bogus!
    I agree, and the Bears sent someone, doesn't seem right
    "Half this game is ninety percent mental." - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post

One the Arizona front... Justin Bethel deserves to be there. Special Teams monster. Calais Campbell... it's amazing he hasn't gone to a Pro Bowl prior to this season. While his sack numbers aren't there, he's been getting tackles for a loss through double-teams all season (and he managed to get an INT versus Peyton Manning, to boot.)

Patrick Peterson... I ain't gonna lie, I don't know how they put him in the Pro Bowl. He's had a down year, save for one pick six against the Rams, he's been called for a ton of penalties and got absolutely humiliated by Julio Jones a couple weeks ago. There have to be other corners more worthy in the NFC.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The ironic part about the Pro Bowl is that at least thirty percent of the players selected won't play, either because their teams will be deep into the playoffs or back out from some mysterious injury. Of all the major sports, only the NFL sees more defections from their all-star "event".
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The ironic part about the Pro Bowl is that at least thirty percent of the players selected won't play, either because their teams will be deep into the playoffs or back out from some mysterious injury. Of all the major sports, only the NFL sees more defections from their all-star "event".
    They really should just make it a pro bowl "award" and do away with the game altogether. I'm not naive enough to think it will happen, i'm just saying it's an absolute joke.
    Last edited by Detox; 12-24-2014 at 11:16 AM.

BANNED

It's a joke game, that nobody takes seriously, and in this sport it's just hard to have an all star game.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Rage View Post
    I agree, and the Bears sent someone, doesn't seem right
    ...But no Matt Forte?? That ain't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    They really should just make it a pro bowl "award" and do away with the game altogether. I'm not naive enough to think it will happen, i'm just saying it's an absolute joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    It's a joke game, that nobody takes seriously, and in this sport it's just hard to have an all star game.
    As a Cardinals season ticket holder, they called and offered me advanced tickets for the Pro Bowl in my usual seat. I told 'em, "Well, I will likely be busy that Sunday, let me ask around on social media and see if anyone I know is interested in buying them off me."

No takers. NONE. Every football fan I know thought the Pro Bowl was a waste of money, and wasn't about to pay to go.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

I liked it when it was basically a week's paid vacation in Hawaii after the season for those chosen. No one cared about the game, but I'm sure it was nice treat for them.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I liked it when it was basically a week's paid vacation in Hawaii after the season for those chosen. No one cared about the game, but I'm sure it was nice treat for them.
    Players cared when winning meant they got a bigger paycheck (winner's purse) that was significant enough to justify the effort. They haven't upped the payment on that to justify them going all out.

Any ideas on what the NFL could do to change up the Pro Bowl game? I sort of like the idea of doing something similar to the NBA All-Star weekend, but without any actual Pro Bowl game being played. Not sure how they would market something like that. Tie a charitable event to it?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Any ideas on what the NFL could do to change up the Pro Bowl game? I sort of like the idea of doing something similar to the NBA All-Star weekend, but without any actual Pro Bowl game being played. Not sure how they would market something like that. Tie a charitable event to it?
    The NBA has competitions tied into it. Like the dunk contest . My idea would be to have them do what they used to have in the 1990's a few years in July or August. It was NFL QB Club. Since your selling QB's as the stars , bring that competition back for those who make the AFC Pro Bowl.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The NBA has competitions tied into it. Like the dunk contest . My idea would be to have them do what they used to have in the 1990's a few years in July or August. It was NFL QB Club. Since your selling QB's as the stars , bring that competition back for those who make the AFC Pro Bowl.
    Yep, pretty much what I meant except adding other skill position competitions.