Page 209 of 222 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3327

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    It's not stupid and it doesn't need to stop.

I like Lynch, think he's a great player, and funny as hell.

That said if I go to work and wear a t-shirt, shorts, and sneakers I'm going to be sent home without pay. The second time, if I'm lucky I'll be sent home for longer. The third time I'll be fired. And if a real higher up like the CEO or owner see's me, they could just blow up over it and it would be worse. And that's significantly more serious than Lynch getting fined all season for repeatedly breaking rules that most other players don't have a problem following.

They work for he NFL. Every game they play is on the NFL stage. They want the people on that stage, representing their brand the way they want them to. They don't want their sponsors to say "why is this guy wearing our competitors brand during your press conference"? And then pulling some money from the league. They don't want a bunch of reporters who are giving free publicity to their games to get shunned by a player.

The players are employees. If you want to play in the NFL you abide by the rules, however arbitrary, that the commissioner and owners agree on. Just like how you would for any other job.

Because at the end of the day, the NFL brand is bigger than any player. And the players are the first people benefitting from working for that brand.
    All of this is true, but he knows he won't be fired. He knows he will be fined. As long as he takes the fine like a man and doesn't complain about it, I guess I have no issue with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    All of this is true, but he knows he won't be fired. He knows he will be fined. As long as he takes the fine like a man and doesn't complain about it, I guess I have no issue with it.
    That's how I feel. He's obviously willing to live with it as long as he's not taken off the field, so it's a non issue. The players who actually care about losing money will stop doing it. I think the league's just ticked off that there is a guy who would rather sit in the corner than obey their rules. It's his money, if he wants to spend it by getting fined for things you know he is aware being against the NFL policy so be it.

BANNED

Not even sure he is actually paying. Team Owner and Sponsors probably help out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Not even sure he is actually paying. Team Owner and Sponsors probably help out.
    I think the team just takes it out of his paycheck like taxes.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

If I were him, I'd just consider the fines part of my brand's advertising budget. It's probably less than it would actually cost.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Lynch doesn't speak much in front of the camera and when he does it's repeat mode. So he basically makes me think of a player version of the hoodie Belecheck.
    Be damn funny if we won MVP because I imagine he would be the first Super Bowl MVP that didn't say a lot of words or maybe no words at all.

Jerry rice keeps getting shown as a analyst for the race of the tortoise and hare race.
    Wasn't surprising to see a a eye candy babe dressed up in a playboy bunny outfit analyzing the advantages the hare has and why she believes he'll win.

I can't deny I think these Rex Ryan throws red flags on Pizza Hut commercials are magnificent and better than the Peyton manning papa johns pizza commercials.
    Throwing red flags for not eating the crust it's incomplete I can't help but think of those I think it was miller beer referee commercials that went tell people of their mistakes as if if was pass interference, holding or other football penalties in a football game. It's a masterpiece and I hope Pizza Hut makes more of these brilliant Pizza Hut Rex Ryan commercials

And now the last one of the season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbtxZiciHkA

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    If I were him, I'd just consider the fines part of my brand's advertising budget. It's probably less than it would actually cost.
    Good point, and free media speculation/talking head nonsense to boot.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

In regards to sports journalism isn't it fair to say most of all journalism of it has become a joke? You can't go to a damn major network without seeing some obvious biased angle instead of as unbiased or neutral as possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    In regards to sports journalism isn't it fair to say most of all journalism of it has become a joke? You can't go to a damn major network without seeing some obvious biased angle instead of as unbiased or neutral as possible.
    Professional sports have become pro wrestling. Right down to the incompetent refs and the hated authority figures. And sports journalists are just the commentators stirring the pot and adding the not so subtle storylines to the competitions. And everyone is trying to be controversial and get themselves over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    I think ESPN has gotten to the point where every "analyst" is too damned tight with the players to be unbiased. It's not just ex-players either, Stephen A. Smith and Mike Wilbon are two of the worst.

Betonline has a wager available where you can bet on whether or not Katy Perry will show cleavage at the Super Bowl Halftime Show. The odds are -500 for Cleavage or +350 for No Cleavage. (Bets are based on $100 wagered. You have to bet $500 on Cleavage to win $100. If you bet $100 on No Cleavage you win $350. You also get your initial wager back.)

If this was Vegas, and there was a definitive set of rules as to what "cleavage" is, I'd put money on No Cleavage. Ever since Janet Jackson, the NFL has been super vigilant about their Halftime shows. I think all of her costumes would be pre-approved by the league and family-friendly.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Katy Perry looks very nice. I will be honest ...she's a good looking woman. But when your basically promoting your act as having a tiger and shark ...its just insanely silly. But this is what the NFL deserves. They should have picked Weird Al Yankovic. But it is what it is. Katy Perry is a "name" artist and the NFL wants to go off it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

What are the stakes in SUPER BOWL XLIX?

If the Patriots win, what happens to Tom Brady's legacy?

If the Seahwaks win, what happens to their defense's legacy?

If the Pats win, Brady gets into the 4-time Super Bowl-winning QB club (joining Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana) and probably grabs the Greatest Post-Season Quarterback of All Time championship belt away from Joe Montana (who didn't make it to 6 Super Bowl games). Bill Belichik becomes a legitimate* challenger to Vince Lombardi for Greatest Pro Head Coach of All Time.

If the Seahawks win, their defense enters that highest D pantheon with the '85 Bears and the '00 Ravens, who never repeated as champs. Russell Wilson definitely grabs the Most Clutch Quarterback Right Now title from Tom Brady (who then would have lost as many Super Bowls as he had won. Pete Carroll probably makes a play for Greatest Hybrid (college/pro) Head Coach of All Time.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    What are the stakes in SUPER BOWL XLIX?

If the Patriots win, what happens to Tom Brady's legacy?

If the Seahwaks win, what happens to their defense's legacy?

If the Pats win, Brady gets into the 4-time Super Bowl-winning QB club (joining Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana) and probably grabs the Greatest Post-Season Quarterback of All Time championship belt away from Joe Montana (who didn't make it to 6 Super Bowl games). Bill Belichik becomes a legitimate* challenger to Vince Lombardi for Greatest Pro Head Coach of All Time.
    While Brady has been to the Supe six times, Joe Montana is unbeaten in his four trips, in my mind, that makes him the GOAT in the playoffs. As for Bill Belichick, his legacy (and Brady's) will be tainted by Spygate and Deflategate, when the time comes for those two to be nominated for enshrinement in Canton, some voters are bound to hold those incidents against them. For Darth Hoodie to challenge Vince Lombardi, when the Super Bowl trophy for the winning team is renamed the Bill Belichick Award, then he'll be right there with the greatest ever.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!