Page 219 of 222 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222 LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3327
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    If you don't need to cheat in order to win, and the Patriots obviously don't, then why bother with it at all? It's pathological with them, they are obsessed with exploiting any advantage no matter how small and they can't help themselves from doing it, even at the risk of getting caught.

And for the record, there were definitely a couple of awful throws that Brady made because he clearly didn't have a good grip on the ball when he released it. Not game deciding by any means, but the ball pressure certainly matters to a quarterback.
    Exactly I could understand if the team simply sucks.

Maybe it's also a perversion of the saying "if it's not broke don't fix it." They went unscathed for so long before spygate got exposed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I was working security at the stadium... no lie, Chris Carter pops out of the entrance I was working at and goes, "SERIOUSLY, C'MON, WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THAT PLAY CALL?"

I'm on some level, feeling like this is my ultimate test as a football fan and I go, "How do you not feed Beast Mode when you have 2nd and goal at the 1/2 yard line, he just got you 5 yards on 1st and goal from the 6, and you have 2 time outs?"

"THAT"S WHAT I'M SAYIN! I MEAN, I'M NOT ROOTING FOR EITHER TEAM, BUT AS A PLAY CALLER..."

So awesomely surreal. CC just vents with strangers. Great to experience as a fan, on the clock.
    What a great story.

I was dumbfounded (only word for it) myself but, I can't imagine what is going thru the heads of Seahawks fans right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    What a great story.

I was dumbfounded (only word for it) myself but, I can't imagine what is going thru the heads of Seahawks fans right about now.
    Great user name man.

BANNED

Honestly, as far as the playcalling goes, I'm sure at that very moment Pete Carroll was having flashbacks to the 2006 Rose Bowl when USC had a 4th and 2 to seal the victory and they went with the safe, conservative call of LenDale White up the middle and get stuffed instead of letting either of their Heisman Trophy winners try to make a play. And the call was not THAT bad, the ball was going right into Lockette's hands until Butler came in and laid him out. Wouldn't be surprised if Lockette just had a momentary lapse of focus there, the ball is coming right to you and all you gotta do is wait for it and you're the big hero of the game, I can totally see how an inexperienced player like that might have let his ego get the best of him there.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 02-02-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Wonder what his legacy will be after the cheating allegations are formalized and the Pats loosed draft picks. That will be Pats caught cheating twice.

Not mad tho..Lance Armstrong was the greatest American Athlete for awhile.
    NFL report said media is wrong. 0.2 on two balls. One ball was 1.0 (the one the Colts turned in) and now they're interviewing the Colts equipment manager.
    http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2015/0...-2-pounds-psi/
    http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/01/re...ts-balls-were/

EDIT: Now we're down to one ball ... the one the Colts had.
    What is great is all this was reported BEFORE the Super Bowl so the nutzoid black helicopter chasers can shut up.

Media screwed up, made stuff up, and has zero accountability. They expect it from the NFL but not their own ranks. Just like last year and the false PED accusations against the Seahawks right before the Super Bowl. Media wanted a story for the Super Bowl.

On to the actual game:
    hawks.jpg

In Pete's defense, the Pats did a great job stopping Lynch in the Red Zone and the one play that has been devastating for the slow Pats D-line all season was the inside slant. Butler just jumped the route and made the play. That slant pass had been a TD or INC for Seattle for 2 straight years. It was a genius play, and it came down to the last seconds of the game. I'm looking forward to the Legion of Boom vs. the Evil Empire Round 3 for SB 50!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-02-2015 at 02:18 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

On to the actual game:
    hawks.jpg
    lmao. i can't stop picturing him doing that

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    There are isolated tribes in the Amazon River Basin who have never heard of outside society, and even they woke up this morning thinking "Second and goal! What the hell?"
    HA! Funny! Best post I'll read all week!

On to the actual game:
    hawks.jpg
    Also hilarious!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    lmao. i can't stop picturing him doing that
    Someone should photoshop Carroll telling Jordan to give the rock to Perdue during the Cleveland game in 1989.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-02-2015 at 02:19 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

A night thinking on it, that pick is on Wilson. It was a bad throw. He throws it back shoulder, at worst, the receiver gets tackled at the goal line and they take a timeout.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

MADDEN CURSE UPDATE: Sherman has to get Tommy John surgery.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

MADDEN CURSE UPDATE: Sherman has to get Tommy John surgery.
    I guess I can assume Sherman won't be ready when pitchers and catchers report. Bummer! By the by, has anyone seen this?

Seahawks Fan Destroys TV Over Super Bowl Outcome
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-03-2015 at 02:32 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I guess I can assume Sherman won't be ready when pitchers and catchers report. Bummer! By the by, has anyone seen this?

Seahawks Fan Destroys TV Over Super Bowl Outcome
    Last time I destroyed anything was the 2002 Sacramento Kings vs Lakers Playoff game 6.
    http://youtu.be/qjRcTiwVEwo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Marshawn Lynch catches a lot of grief..but when they asked him was he shocked he did not receive the run play. he said " No. Because football is a team sport"
    Stand up guy.
    Yeah, he is. Wonder where he's going to play next year. Between the salary cap and Russell Wilson's impending mega-deal, and having two young talented backs in Turbin and Michael, I can't see them paying him what he's worth. Part of me would like to see him patch things up with the Bills, make the AFC East really interesting with Rex Ryan and that defense. They were tough with ol' Fred Jackson, that would make them instant Wild Card contenders if not better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Its raining in Seattle right now...oddly appropriate if you ask me...victory was inches away...and now fucking tom brady has a 4th super bowl ring...Pats fans don't realize how lucky they are right now (or at least the pats fans i've talked too...).

Even if Seattle had won...their a team that needs work. Even though they made some big plays here and there...our WRs are EXTREMELY pedestrian. Like they never get open unless Russ does some razzle dazzle.

But in the end the sun will rise in the east and set in the west. And September can not come soon enough!
    As a long-time Patriots fan, believe me when I say I know how lucky I am. I can't think of another team in sports that has had a run this long with two franchise keystones like Brady and Belichick. I remember ol' Pat Patriot, I remember people snickering at anyone wearing that logo (here in New England, mind you) because they rated somewhere below the Bruins in the Boston area sports pecking order, and I remember the Bledsoe/Favre Super Bowl. I've seen teams go from on top of the world to bottom of their divisions, I've seen teams with runs as long as ours on the opposite end (looking at you Lions and Browns), but nobody outside of maybe the Colts (what with Luck giving them a puncher's chance even early in his career) and the late 20th century/early 21st Yankees with that sustained level of success.

Fantastic Member

I find it hilarious that when players use PEDs a lot of fans just don't care. Didn't Seattle have something like 6 players caught using PEDS in the year they won the Super Bowl? No draft stripped draft picks can't recall if fines. Suspensions yes for some but that's it. A deflated ball or looking at someone that the whole stadium can see and it's used to undermine 6 Super Bowl appearances.

Tom Brady put up 4 TDs and 300 passing yards on the best defense in the NFL. How often does a great defense NOT win a Super Bowl. Just look at what happened last year. And there was no deflated balls in the Super Bowl. And Tom Brady went something like 7 for 8 in the 4th quarter and the Patriots came back from a 10 point deficit. I'm more than willing to say injuries contributed to this but still, the Patriots out performed Seattle. A turnover was all that could save the Patriots from defeated but they made the play.