2. New Orleans
    3. Atlanta
    4. Tampa Bay

NFC WEST
    1. Seattle
    2. San Francisco
    3. Arizona
    4. St. Louis

I'm going on a homer binge this time and have Indianapolis/San Francisco in the Super Bowl, but I personally think that, even in this case, the 49ers would win.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

This is probably the last time I'll ever refer to the Indianapolis Star since they have released virtually all of their good writers in lieu of Associated Press releases and journalism school graduates.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/c...ring/14954557/

Jim Irsay fined $500,000 and suspended for 6 weeks, including the NFL owner's meeting.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Suspending owners is probably a bonus to a team rather than a punishment.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Suspending owners is probably a bonus to a team rather than a punishment.
    For Oakland, Dallas, and Washington it sure would be.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    For Oakland, Dallas, and Washington it sure would be.
    Ditto for Jacksonville, Minnesota and Buffalo.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Ditto for Jacksonville, Minnesota and Buffalo.
    Cleveland fans would be cool with it. And in spite of recent success... Cincinnatti has no love for the Brown family. And the Fords, in Detroit.

Jesus. Are there any owners in the NFL that are liked? The Maras. Bob Kraft. Modells. Rooneys.

Okay. Whew. They're not all schmucks.

Cleveland fans would be cool with it. And in spite of recent success... Cincinnatti has no love for the Brown family. And the Fords, in Detroit.

Jesus. Are there any owners in the NFL that are liked? The Maras. Bob Kraft. Modells. Rooneys.

Give it time, they'll do something. Wasn't Kraft suspected of doing something out of the ordinary last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Give it time, they'll do something. Wasn't Kraft suspected of doing something out of the ordinary last year?
    His wife passed away a couple years ago... his new girlfriend is supposed to be like 40-50 years his junior. That's all the dirt I know on the guy, really.

Why Your Team Sucks 2014: Washington R******

Why Your Team Sucks 2014: New York Giants

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I started a league on NFL.com, private league called "CBR Pick'em". Password is comics. Only 2 of us so far, but if more are willing now's the time. Games start in 2 days (how awesome is that?).
    joined! now we need a fantasy league too lol

He passed for 3,197 yards while playing all season, averaging just about 200 yards a game... which is 36th in YPG passing last year. He had ten games where he threw for under 200 yards (And had 203 against the mighty Tampa Bay defense). TEN. He threw for 127 against the Seahawks, 127 against the Saints in the regular season, only 113 versus the Texans (who don't have a secondary), and but 91 yards against the Panthers. He had 2 more under 200 yard performances like that in the post-season.

In today's NFL, that's not even average, it's pathetic. He's not an elite passer, I'm sorry.
    So just because he's not putting up fantasy football numbers he isn't legitimate? Wow really? In that case Steve McNair and Troy Aikman were horrible quarterbacks. Let's step away from the fantasy football mentally. You have to actually understand the situation in it's entire context. Last season the 49ers didn't have Delaine Walker, Randy Moss, or Ted Ginn on the roster. The only guy with speed to take a top off a defense was Vernon Davis. That is literally it. And the 49ers started the year with Marlon Moore and Kyle Williams in the starting lineup alongside Boldin. And Jonathan Baldwin played later in the year. Three horrible wideouts. Even when Crabs came back (and he still wasn't 100%) the 49ers didn't have anyone other than Vernon to threaten a defense deep as Crabs isn't a speedster. Most of the season Coin was working with receivers that either couldn't get off the jam, couldn't get open, break off routes correctly, or couldn't beat defenses deep.

And the 49ers utilize a heavy run/smash mouth offense. This isn't going to be The Greatest Show on Turf or The Run N' Shoot throwing the ball all over the place and padding stats. No, this is an offense that is essentially Bo Schembechler reincarnated. That is how Harbaugh operates even going back to Stanford with Andrew Luck. That combined with the 49ers defense making plays and stops often put the team up ahead. There wasn't a need to throw the ball 40-50 times. And this is backed up by the fact that the 49ers were last in the NFL in passing attempts and 3rd in rushing attempts. It's just the structure of the offense. How about you look at Colin's average per pass attempt? That is a better indicator than total yards or even yards per game. Last season it was 7.8, the year before that it was 8.6 which led the NFL (with guys like Walker, Moss, and Ginn to work with). Highly productive.

If you don't like Colin as a passer fine. The reasons you've outlined though just don't make much sense in the first place or are completely out of context.

AFC East : New England
    AFC North : Pittsburgh
    AFC South : Indy
    AFC West : Denver
    Wild Cards : San Diego, Cincinnati

NFC East : Philadelphia
    NFC North : Green Bay
    NFC South : New Orleans
    NFC West : Seattle
    Wild Cards : Arizona, Washington

AFC Championship : Patriots over Broncos
    NFC Championship : Seahawks over Saints

Super Bowl : Seahawks over Patriots

Worst team : Oakland

Hope I am wrong about Chicago missing the playoffs. But I just don't trust that defense. Then again I don't trust Washington's either. But I wanted to do some kind of weird pick and I figure they may sneak up on some people.
    Last edited by Jadis; 09-04-2014 at 12:29 AM.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, I haven't heard any bad things said about Eagles' owner Jeff Lurie who's a good guy and isn't a meddlesome or troublesome owner, though, for a time, he did take something of a PR hit from the animal rights crowd for bringing Mike Vick to town after his release from prison, but even that quickly faded.

Meanwhile, I can't wait to watch tonight's season opener as Seattle hosts Green Bay. Should be exciting!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-04-2014 at 01:48 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    If you don't like Colin as a passer fine. The reasons you've outlined though just don't make much sense in the first place or are completely out of context.
    A guy can't put up 200 yards of offense in today's NFL, and only looks good against teams with bad secondarys (sometimes not even then), and that is out of context? And you take one game against the Packers, one of the bottom 10 defenses against the pass, where he had an outlier, and claim that's all the context you need to prove your argument? When he's surrounded by possibly the most talent at WR and TE in the league, and has one of the best O-Lines?

Come on, man. If you can't admit a guy's obvious strengths and weaknesses, then I gotta suspect you're just drinking the Kool-Aid.

BANNED

I knew Dan Snyder had a bad reputation for poor free agent decision making and now for clinging to the name "Redskins" when people finally seem to be figuring out how racist it is (next up, the Cleveland Indian's Chief Wahoo!), but I had no idea just how earned this reputation is. An article linked in the "Why Your Team Sucks" Redskins edition:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/a...-to-dan-snyder