Page 51 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    The Oakland Raiders have fired Dennis Allen. Over the phone LOL. Oakland can't even get that right.
    Watch them throw Art Shell back out as interim coach, too.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    Well. In their defense, this occurrence is about as frequent as a phone call anyway.
    There is no defense damn do the raiders suck in more ways than one.
    This is I don't want to tell you in person it could get ugly let's be blunt and Using something that isn't face to face.

If the raiders wonder why they're mocked as a joke for Saturday night live, late night talks shows, oberman, and vast others it's because they screw up on the field but worse methods of firing are execrable.

Whether it's a email, text message, phone calls all are blunt disrespectful ways to tell the person they're fired or your breaking up with them, or anything else related about something ending and being over.

Maybe they thought if we do this at night with people still occupied with the Monday night game it won't be talked about as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    What a whupping. The Pats' next game against Cincy will be a tell-tale of whether this version of Belichick's team is similar to others past, or a mere shadow.
    The sadder thing is the raiders are possibly watching it and saying how the heck did we not beat them. Nfl mems will be going crazy tonight.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Art Shell!? Isn't he frozen in carbonite somewhere?
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    Great star wars return of the Jedi reference

Donald trump could easily do a better job of running the raiders. The Los Angeles kiss are a superior team than the raiders and I don't doubt would beat them.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    They could hire Charlie Weis. He isn't doing anything right now. Why not?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Fire the whole coaching staff and place a cardboard cutout of John Madden on the sidelines. They'll probably go 8-8 for the season. We already have something similar in Dallas.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In reading on NFL.Com , something obviously changed in KC the last 12 quarters. Its said since the halfway mark of the Denver game , KC's offense suddenly clicked ON and things changed after it. It was weird to see clips of just how insane crazy KC's destruction was. I have no idea if KC can keep it up or not. But for 2 weeks , they can say they went out and whooped some ass.

Always nice to see KC win after a hard couple personal days.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    They barely beat the damn raiders at home while the dolphins win easily 38-14 , they beat up a fan back up qb Matt freakin cassel and the Vikings a week after dysfunction.
    It's hilarious to hear yeah Brady's numbers aren't on the incline when they suggest that.
    And the only reason the Pats beat Oakland was because the Raiders never win on the East Coast. Meanwhile, New England certainly looked pathetic last night.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    The Oakland Raiders have fired Dennis Allen. Over the phone LOL. Oakland can't even get that right.
    Par for the course regarding that sad sack of an organization. I was thinking of starting a head coach dead pool, and Allen figured to be at the top of the list.

HA! Good one!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-30-2014 at 01:48 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

As I posted a couple days ago , on Sunday on a twitter it was announced he was fired. They took it down. I guess there was some eternal debate ..."Do we wait on the team to come back from London ? Maybe that is more classy ...fuck it...were the Raiders."

I really wish they had sent something by singing telegram to Allen. Right when he got off the plane.

"Hello , this is from your NFL Employer informing yooooooou........yooou been fired. Yes right in diddy you been fired....you just got the ax ! Time to go to the unemployment line because you been FIIIIIRRREEEEEED!!"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

This really shouldn't shock anyone. The Patriot have a weak O line and a weak d line. Games are one in the trenches. When the guys on the line fail at there job everyone suffers. When the O line breaks down the receivers can't get open, the QB can't go through his progressions, plays can't develop, hikes get clogged. When the D line fails to get penetration the QB has all the time in the world the CB's lose their covers, the linebackers start getting out of position. And when they can't make tackles and get pushed back on runs all the worse.

The sad thing is I don't think the O line would have been better with Mankins even in it. And now all the good stuff they added to the secondary is wasted. The sadder thing is they've been showing flashes of what their offense is capable of if they develop, but you can't actually develop then in a situation I like this. Brady's best option shouldn't be throwing a long safe ball just out of reach to a tightly covered receiver just because he is not get through his first progressions. Guys like Amendola are barely getting worked in the game.

Another hard thing like, though less significant, is that Gronk is not at full stride and doesn't demand the coverage he used to from defenses. Which would be helpful in a situation like this.

But this game showed why the lineman are the unsung heroes of football.

LOL. He was last seen displeasing the late Al Davis, who toward the end, looked more like Salicious Crumb than Jabba the Hutt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Because he's from the Patriots. Tuck Rule game. Raider Nation wouldn't ever have anyone associated with New England, as a result.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Called the Chiefs beating us, and I'm glad they blew us out. Finding a way to hang on to beat the Raiders (needing a Vince Wilfork interception to stop a steady drive to a winning TD by the Radiers to do it) made the team complacent. We barely beat maybe the crappiest team in the NFL (maybe the Jaguars or Titans could compete, but it's close), we beat a team shocked by the loss (to scandal, but still the loss) of the heart and soul of their franchise and aided by 4 interceptions of Matt Cassel, and were stomped by the Dolphins. Our schedule coming up is:

Week 5- Bengals (loss)
    Week 6- Buffalo (we'll see what Orton does, but not a gimme)
    Week 7- NY Jets- (50/50)
    Week 8- Bears- (loss)
    Week 9- Broncos (loss)
    Week 10- bye
    Week 11- Colts (loss)
    Week 12- Lions (loss)
    Week 13- Packers (loss)
    Week 14- Chargers (loss)

Then we finish it up with a game at each of the division opponents (none of which I have any reason to believe are guaranteed or even likely wins). The best team doesn't always win, and we may pull out 2-3 of those games I marked loss but given 3 wins of those teams (and that's a stretch) and winning the Jets and Bills games (unlikely we get both, but for best case scenario's sake of argument) that'd put us at 7-6 going into the last stretch against division opponents. That's best case scenario. Wilfork is just about done, Gronk is a shadow of his former self, our WRs are absolute garbage, our RBs aren't much better, and help isn't coming. My guess during the preseason was winning the division and another quick playoff exit to a better team from a tougher division. Now that's looking iffy (luckily the rest of our crappy division has to face the AFC West and NFC North as well).

Amazing Member

Anybody here ever get autographs at a game? I am a big Rams fan and they are coming to Philly this week. I know it it not going to be pretty but I thought that hopefully gettin some autographs after the game would be a good picker upper.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

BANNED

They need to seriously rebuild. And it's not just players. McDaniels is a good offensive coach but he also relies on having the personnel to be able to perform it. And he seemingly can't adjust to players strengths.

I won't give up on them. Better communication on the o-line and some tightening up will go a LONG way on offense and help the receivers and Brady and even the running game. Same with the defensive line. So I'm not so sure it's hopeless.

They let these problems mount though. And they certainly have the abuts to fix it. I just fear this distracts from our serious need of revamping the receivers corps.