Page 6 of 222 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Give it time, they'll do something. Wasn't Kraft suspected of doing something out of the ordinary last year?
    He just got a much younger girlfriend after his wife of many years passed. But he's still well respected. Considered a key member of the Patriots resurgence in the 2000's and has done so much to build there brand including a new stadium and a hotel and mall to surround it. He also is among the most influential owners and is considered to be a key mediator in resolving the lockout from 2011 and the referee strike from a year or so ago.

The only owners that really get a ton of flack are Jones (mostly for being a poor gm), Irsay, Brown, and the Fords.

BANNED

I have no idea if he's a bad guy behind the scenes (chances are if you get to where he is you're probably not a nice guy), but Kraft definitely cares about the Patriots and is smart enough to know he's not the guy who should be making most of the everyday business decisions (read that article I linked last page to see his polar opposite). And we've had a pretty good run since he took over in the early '90s, which is more than most franchises can say. Plus, that story about Putin and the Super Bowl ring is one of those things I'll probably remember as long as I'm watching football (which hopefully will be many more decades to come).

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I knew Dan Snyder had a bad reputation for poor free agent decision making and now for clinging to the name "Redskins" when people finally seem to be figuring out how racist it is (next up, the Cleveland Indian's Chief Wahoo!), but I had no idea just how earned this reputation is. An article linked in the "Why Your Team Sucks" Redskins edition:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/a...-to-dan-snyder
    Wow. I had no idea his jackassery was to that extent either.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    A guy can't put up 200 yards of offense in today's NFL, and only looks good against teams with bad secondarys (sometimes not even then), and that is out of context? And you take one game against the Packers, one of the bottom 10 defenses against the pass, where he had an outlier, and claim that's all the context you need to prove your argument? When he's surrounded by possibly the most talent at WR and TE in the league, and has one of the best O-Lines?

Come on, man. If you can't admit a guy's obvious strengths and weaknesses, then I gotta suspect you're just drinking the Kool-Aid.
    Dude I just proved you wrong by already citing several examples. The Cardinals don't have a bad secondary. Colin facing the Bears in his first start didn't have a bad secondary. And he got a lot farther against the Seahawks than Brees or Manning. Did you not see what I already wrote? And 200 passing yards per game is out of context when you don't take into account the number of pass attempts the team employs which was dead last. Like I already told you, look at his yards PER attempt, not necessarily yards per game. Troy Aikman averaged less than 200 yards per game for his career. He's a Hall of Famer and deservedly so. Steve McNair also averaged less than 200 yards per game for his career and he had a good run in the NFL.

It's clear you either didn't read what I wrote, or you're just ignoring it.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 09-04-2014 at 01:02 PM.

BANNED

The NFL season kicks off in a couple of hours and I can't wait to see who is all hungover tomorrow at work.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Dude I just proved you wrong by already citing several examples. The Cardinals don't have a bad secondary.
    The Cardinals don't have a bad secondary... NOW. Last year they actually were 19th versus the pass, but #1 against the run. You're ignoring the 10 regular season games where he threw under 200 yards out, like they're an aberration, when they're the norm. He only threw for 300 yards twice. And in the game he DID get 310 yards against the Cardinals, their secondary was missing Tyrann Mathieu, to boot.

You're saying there were other Hall of Famers who didn't average 200 yards a game... THAT WAS THEN. This is today's NFL, all passing, no hand chucks. No defenders targeting receivers. Aikman and McNair played in a different era. I'm comparing him to today's QBs. He was 36th in YPG amongst today's QBs. 36th. There are only 32 teams.

But talk to me if he can manage to throw for at least 250 yards a game, like practically every other competent NFL QB nowadays. Or perhaps if he can hit a wide open receiver rather than choke by forcing a stupid throw to Crabtree that gets picked off by Richard Sherman in a situation where he doesn't need to force it.

He is OVER. RATED. But I get it, you have a man-crush on the guy.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 09-04-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Last two are up:

Why Your Team Sucks 2014: Philadelphia Eagles
    Why Your Team Sucks 2014: Dallas Cowboys

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Why Your Team Sucks 2014: Philadelphia Eagles
    Well, Drew didn't disappoint, that was hilarious! He's not far from wrong about all the semis on Pennsylvania roads, especially the PA Turnpike, it's like Peterbilt, Mack and Kenworth all set up shop in the state. And his laundry list of injuries Maclin might suffer from had me laughing out loud. As for the comments, lots of truth about Eagles fans!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Why Your Team Sucks 2014: Dallas Cowboys
    This rant was the funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

There was nothing truer than the guy who discussed how now he knows how Raiders fans felt, when they were waiting for the day that Al Davis' death would be announced, hoping that it would be the first sign of hope.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well in 15 minutes the season starts folks.....I predict the Seahawks will get a close win tonight. Aaron Rodgers will be a bit rusty I think. He's coming back from injury and its his 1st real regular season game in months.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

If the Packers D is as porous as we all think it will be, then Hawks win comfortably.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Greenbay's pass rush is actually looking pretty good.

Man, this defense is unreal.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The Cardinals don't have a bad secondary... NOW. Last year they actually were 19th versus the pass, but #1 against the run. You're ignoring the 10 regular season games where he threw under 200 yards out, like they're an aberration, when they're the norm. He only threw for 300 yards twice. And in the game he DID get 310 yards against the Cardinals, their secondary was missing Tyrann Mathieu, to boot.

You're saying there were other Hall of Famers who didn't average 200 yards a game... THAT WAS THEN. This is today's NFL, all passing, no hand chucks. No defenders targeting receivers. Aikman and McNair played in a different era. I'm comparing him to today's QBs. He was 36th in YPG amongst today's QBs. 36th. There are only 32 teams.

But talk to me if he can manage to throw for at least 250 yards a game, like practically every other competent NFL QB nowadays. Or perhaps if he can hit a wide open receiver rather than choke by forcing a stupid throw to Crabtree that gets picked off by Richard Sherman in a situation where he doesn't need to force it.

He is OVER. RATED. But I get it, you have a man-crush on the guy.
    *Sigh* AGAIN, you need to STOP looking at total yards. Why is this SO complicated for you to understand. The Cardinals defense ranked 6th overall in yards per attempt against the pass. Everyone knew that they couldn't run on Arizona so they took their chances passing. Which is why they ranked 19th in total yards. But their yards per attempt was low at 6th. They were also ranked 5th in interceptions. And I love how you just forgot about the Bears.

The only thing I'm "ignoring" is total yards per game as the end-all, be-all for evaluating a QB like you're trying to push. You need to drop this fantasy football mentality. Yards per attempt and total yards the team attempts in passing is far more important than total yards per game passing. Yet you haven't acknowledged this even though this if the third time I'm telling you (I could see why since it completely debunks your argument). I'll make this extremely simple for you:

Pass yards per game < Team attempts per game/Yards per pass attempt.

And now you're having an issue with me by making personal irrelevant comments instead of actually taking issue with the post itself. Another sign your "argument" is crumbling. Not like it had much water to begin with. Passing yards per game are supplanted by yards per attempt and passing attempts per game. You can't have fantasy football stats if your offense is predicated on passing the ball. Very easy to understand. Or at least, it should be.

And McNair and Aikman, much like Kaepernick, played in offenses for the majority of their career which were based on pounding the football with the likes of Eddie George and Emmit Smith behind stout offensive lines. They didn't play in systems where they could pad their stats like Warren Moon, Steve Young, or Dan Fouts. Era has nothing to do with it really...especially since their teams usually ranked low in pass attempts per game. Just like Colin's. I love how you're glossing over offensive philosophy like every team employs the same approach.

The one pass in the NFC championship game is irrelevant comparing to a large body of work. That's a straw man. You're desperate and reaching now.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 09-04-2014 at 08:52 PM.