Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

2814 just needs to be some backwater sector without much life. A handful of inhabited planets and that's it. This gives a more plausible reason to why GL can be on earth so much
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    2814 just needs to be some backwater sector without much life. A handful of inhabited planets and that's it. This gives a more plausible reason to why GL can be on earth so much
    That's probably not going to work... unless 2814 is somehow just dipping a tiny little bit into the Milky Way, it's probably got scads of inhabited planets. The worlds in the Legion of Super-Hero comics alone probably get you to the low hundreds

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't think we need to have anything mapped out. For me, they just need to make up their mind what's in 2814 and what isn't. That's really the only thing that would matter for most stories.

Then establish which GL patrols certain important sectors/planets like Thanagar. (RIP Isamot Kol) As long as that's consistent I don't think we need a map.
    Frankly, that's where my head is at. A ledger would do just fine, as long as they stuck with it. 'Cause I get the impulse to make a Coluan or a Thanagarian or Khundian GL, but seriously ya gotta stop adding sectors to the rassin' frassin' Milky Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well the sales obviously aren't good enough to warrant doing multiple books. They haven't been for a long time now. I can see them putting out 2 GL books again in the not so distant future perhaps but I can never see them have 5 or so books again. It's just not practical anymore.
    I understand that sales are important, but why not every so often release miniseries to try and manufacture interest again?

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Frankly, that's where my head is at. A ledger would do just fine, as long as they stuck with it. 'Cause I get the impulse to make a Coluan or a Thanagarian or Khundian GL, but seriously ya gotta stop adding sectors to the rassin' frassin' Milky Way.
    Thanagar is in the same galaxy as earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Thanagar is in the same galaxy as earth?
    Most signs point to "yes."

Pre-Crisis, it definitively circled Polaris (which is only a few hundred light years away), and there were drawings of Thanagarian Hawkmen in comics participating in galaxy-wide conflicts (notably, the Great Darkness Saga). It also got in a war with Rann, which was, at the time, right next door to Earth, cosmically speaking.

Post-Crisis, Thanagar has often been at war with Rann (there was a whole awkwardly-named mini-series and everything!) which again, seems like a weird target if the planet isn't even in the same galaxy. They also participated in the Invasion! event, alongside other Milk Way baddies like the Khunds, Dominators, Psions, et al.

I suppose it's possible that the two worlds have been shoved out of the Milky Way, but I'll need some textual support.

Keli Quintela: Goes by Teen Lantern and on the Young Justice team.

Alan Scott: Goes by Sentinel and on the JSA team. Also a member of the All-Star Squadron.

Jennie Hayden: Goes by Jade and on the Infinity Inc team. Also a member of the All-Star Squadron.

John Stewart: Goes by Green Lantern and on the Justice League.

Simon Baz, Jo Mullein and Hal Jordan: All go by Green Lantern and costar in a Green Lantern: SCU style title. The three travel from sector to sector meeting other Green Lanterns and help review crime scenes and solve mysteries in a universe of aliens, superpowers, super tech, etc. (Essentially Green Lantern meets the Top Ten concept.) Green Lantern is a title that really needs to create and chart a lot of sci-fi aspects of the DCU - this one way to do it.

Kyle Rayner: Goes by Green Lantern and joins the Titans. Kyle and a retconned/rebirthed Donna Troy resume a romance with one another.

Carol Ferris: Goes by Star Sapphire. Becomes Queen Lantern when she joins Mera and Nubia on an adventure that deals with royalty and politics and leadership.

Terry Berg: Becomes the hero Limelight after discovering a sparkling green stone set in a golden, art-deco designed circlet in an antique shop in New York City and having quite an adventure that Halloween night. Protégé of Kyle Rayner and occasional adventurer with the Titans. Terry lives in New York City and is trying to make a life for himself in PR, performing and now protecting the city.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Carol Ferris: Goes by Star Sapphire. Becomes Queen Lantern when she joins Mera and Nubia on an adventure that deals with royalty and politics and leadership.
    Okay, *this* I would buy. Put Gail Simone on it, throw in some good Queen antagonists (Maxima, Zazzala), and maybe a younger Queen (Amethyst?), and you've got something that could run for 50 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Okay, *this* I would buy. Put Gail Simone on it, throw in some good Queen antagonists (Maxima, Zazzala), and maybe a younger Queen (Amethyst?), and you've got something that could run for 50 issues.
    Clearly, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Keli Quintela: Goes by Teen Lantern and on the Young Justice team.

Alan Scott: Goes by Sentinel and on the JSA team. Also a member of the All-Star Squadron.

Jennie Hayden: Goes by Jade and on the Infinity Inc team. Also a member of the All-Star Squadron.

John Stewart: Goes by Green Lantern and on the Justice League.

Simon Baz, Jo Mullein and Hal Jordan: All go by Green Lantern and costar in a Green Lantern: SCU style title. The three travel from sector to sector meeting other Green Lanterns and help review crime scenes and solve mysteries in a universe of aliens, superpowers, super tech, etc. (Essentially Green Lantern meets the Top Ten concept.) Green Lantern is a title that really needs to create and chart a lot of sci-fi aspects of the DCU - this one way to do it.

Kyle Rayner: Goes by Green Lantern and joins the Titans. Kyle and a retconned/rebirthed Donna Troy resume a romance with one another.

Terry Berg: Becomes the hero Limelight after discovering a sparkling green stone set in a golden, art-deco designed circlet in an antique shop in New York City and having quite an adventure that Halloween night. Protégé of Kyle Rayner and occasional adventurer with the Titans. Terry lives in New York City and is trying to make a life for himself in PR, performing and now protecting the city.
    I kinda wish they relaunched the YJ title, there's nowhere else for those characters to go right now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I kinda wish they relaunched the YJ title, there's nowhere else for those characters to go right now.
    True.

I’d kind of be into a team that stars characters developed in the 90s: Artemis, Connor Hawke, Kyle Rayner, etc.

What about adding more colors?

Grey Lanterns could be an interesting concept.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What about adding more colors?

Grey Lanterns could be an interesting concept.
    There was the "Grey Man" from Justice League. Maybe you're being facetious, but I thought it was an interesting idea that could easily be brought back and tied into GL lore.

How they dealt with the YJ crew was what threw me off of the whole perpetual frozen in time thing. They went from Kids to grownups overnight

But Bruce and company are still swinging from buildings at what niw? 65? 70?