Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Immortal Hulk VS Thanos

1) Wrestling match. Wrestling rules. But with punching allowed.

Who wins?

How is Immortal Hulk different than regular hulk?

Pre warp core versions of Hulk include: Savage Hulk, Banner Hulk, Mindless Hulk, Joe Fixit, Devil Hulk and Professor Hulk. Post warp core versions also include WW Hulk, Doc Green and of course, Immortal Hulk (fans make a distinction between WW Hulk and World Breaker Hulk). Not sure if the current Hulk (Cates' Hulk) is a different personality because I haven't read any of it.

Immortal Hulk is immortal and has insane regen capabilities.

My money is on Thanos.
    Last edited by Cronus; 04-24-2022 at 12:06 PM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, Thanos successfully defeated a Drax that destroyed a star with his bare hands, in a fist fight that caused the nearby moon to explode from the shockwave of their blows, and I believe a Thanos has had at least one power up since then. How does Immortal Hulk stack up to that kind of thing?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, Thanos successfully defeated a Drax that destroyed a star with his bare hands, in a fist fight that caused the nearby moon to explode from the shockwave of their blows, and I believe a Thanos has had at least one power up since then. How does Immortal Hulk stack up to that kind of thing?
    He doesn't have many concrete feats. Scaling Wise he's supposed to be stronger than all the forms besides the Worldbreaker.

His best feat, if you take the high end interpretation of it, is blowing away spoilers:
    The One Above all with a thunder clap (They were a cloud at the time)
    end of spoilers but I don't think that would pass muster Rumbles wise.

Though I think Thanos is currently in a weakened state due to technobabble cancer, so I'm not sure if he can pull off his highest end feats now

Are WW Hulk World Breaker Hulk and green scar Hulk 3 different hulks?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Are WW Hulk World Breaker Hulk and green scar Hulk 3 different hulks?
    Iirc, Green Scar is the Hulks son, while WB and WW Hulk are the same thing.

Pretty sure Immortal Hulk is supposed to also be WW/WB Hulk as well, but with high level regen.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post

Pretty sure Immortal Hulk is supposed to also be WW/WB Hulk as well, but with high level regen.
    Green Scar is a personality of Hulk who developed on the planet of Sakaar to survive during the events of "Planet Hulk".
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

As I recall this Hulk had a bit of the Superboy Prime thing going on. He cracked Thor's skull with a punch but had a lackluster performance against She-Hulk.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Green Scar is a personality of Hulk who developed on the planet of Sakaar to survive during the events of "Planet Hulk".
    Yes, you are right.

Immortal Hulk is the "Devil Hulk" that was introduced during Paul Jenkins run years back.

He's the "darkest" Hulk that Banner never let out (it's telling because Immortal Hulk had no qualms about brutally killing people) until now. Green Scar is the Hulk that took control during Planet Hulk and is one of the more "heroic Hulks".

I don't see the difference between World Breaker, World War Hulk and Green Scar. World Breaker is just Green Scar that completely lost control.

Although, Hulk has a new form now that's yet to be tested but it's supposed to be the "Hulk's Hulk"- Titan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    As I recall this Hulk had a bit of the Superboy Prime thing going on. He cracked Thor's skull with a punch but had a lackluster performance against She-Hulk.
    Yeah, he did but that was a She-Hulk that was amped by Celestials (if I remember correctly).

She's back to "normal" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post

You're thinking of Skaar.

"Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, he did but that was a She-Hulk that was amped by Celestials (if I remember correctly).

She's back to "normal" now.
    I was under the impression She-Hulk at the time was really pushed to be a top tier Avengers heavy-hitter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I was under the impression She-Hulk at the time was really pushed to be a top tier Avengers heavy-hitter.
    Yeah, she was and I guess she still is.

But I’m not sure if the amp she got was permanent.

Like most Jason Aaron writes, it’s difficult to understand just what he was going for.

Thanos has the greater feats of strength and martial prowess. Considering the "wrestling rules" he doesn't need to murder Hulk. Just pin him.

Barring some major developments I've missed with the character in the last couple of years, Thanos is still in the range where Class 100s and Heralds are pretty trash against him.

He busted a planet in a dust up with old-school Drax who himself could break up stars. He more recently suplexed Thane through a planet. He beat Norrin to near death in 6 blows. Etc.

I imagine he can pin Hulk just fine.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure