Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He had half the Odin force before?
    Apparently.

Odin sacrificed himself to give him the full OF.

He immediately stomped the God of Hammers when he got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I’m curious as to how Titan is going to hang with a full OF Thor.

I mean we just saw Thor totally wreck Mangog/Mother Storm “God of Hammers” thing under the heat of a billion suns. How is Titan or whatever hang with that?
    I didn't know this about Mangog. What context revolves around this fight with Mangog? Honestly, I haven't read Thor comics in a minute or so. The only reason I knew Thor had the full Odin force is from the Thor forums IIRC...someone posted pics.

I'm as curious as you are about how Thor with the Odin force will be portrayed. He should be well on "up there" on the power scale. Funny to think Cates had Thor w/the power cosmic as someone who could defeat Galactus. At the time, I was under the impression Thor had the full Odin force then. Of course, now we know otherwise. Maybe I shouldn't say I'm curious...just more worried. Cates' has a difficult time with power levels. We shall see.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I didn't know this about Mangog. What context revolves around this fight with Mangog?
    The God of Hammers is a villainized Mjolnir (wielded by the embodied Mother Storm from Jason Aaron's Thor run, infected by Mangog's rage when re-forged in the Sun). Was capable of open-fracturing Thor's arm, paralyzing Odin (granted taking shots at him was already common place, though the Storm had fought Odin in the good old days), fly itself back from being teleported to the ass end of creation in the time it took for Odin to try to brag about the BFR, and the assemblage of the Avengers, X-Men, Doc Strange, Beta Ray Bill (armed with the Twilight Sword), Freyja etc. was deemed insufficient to fight it off.

Cates' has a difficult time with power levels.
    He does seem to just "roll with it" sometimes regarding character capabilities.

Apparently.

Odin sacrificed himself to give him the full OF.

He immediately stomped the God of Hammers when he got it.
    When did he get half the Odin force? And how power full was he with just half the power?

Ultimate Member

When did he get half the Odin force? And how power full was he with just half the power?
    He got part of it when he became King of Asgard at the end of the "War of the Realms". I don't remember him having too many feats apart from him throwing his hammer straight from Asgard to Earth to kill a giant monster. He was also denting the Destroyer armor with his fists in Avengers when he was working out.

He was also able to take on Galactus when the Big G made Thor his herald (he got part of the Power Cosmic).

He actually killed Galactus at the end of that arc in pretty spectacular fashion.

It's all a little difficult to explain because it doesn't really line up with established Power Levels at all.

He got part of it when he became King of Asgard at the end of the "War of the Realms". I don't remember him having too many feats apart from him throwing his hammer straight from Asgard to Earth to kill a giant monster. He was also denting the Destroyer armor with his fists in Avengers when he was working out.

He was also able to take on Galactus when the Big G made Thor his herald (he got part of the Power Cosmic).

He actually killed Galactus at the end of that arc in pretty spectacular fashion.

It's all a little difficult to explain because it doesn't really line up with established Power Levels at all.
    Ya whatever happened to the herald powers? Does he still have it?

Ultimate Member

Ya whatever happened to the herald powers? Does he still have it?
    He doesn’t.

I think he used everything up when he blew up Galactus.

But he has access to Phoenix Force fire power because he’s apparently the son of the Phoenix.

Before you ask, I can’t explain it..lololol. It’s one of those weird things Jason Aaron is tacking onto Thor.

He doesn’t.

But he has access to Phoenix Force fire power because he’s apparently the son of the Phoenix.

Before you ask, I can’t explain it..lololol. It’s one of those weird things Jason Aaron is tacking onto Thor.
    He has access to the Phoenix Force? Or just the Phoenix fire?

He doesn’t.

I know we’re not supposed to creator-bash, but Aarons isn’t a creator. He’s a destroyer. So I think it’s fine to bash him.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I know we’re not supposed to creator-bash, but Aarons isn’t a creator. He’s a destroyer. So I think it’s fine to bash him.
    Beadle, it's a bit churlish to acknowledge that you know what the rules are and then deliberately break them.

Caution is politely advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Beadle, it's a bit churlish to acknowledge that you know what the rules are and then deliberately break them.

Caution is politely advised.
    Oh, I fully acknowledge I was being churlish.

My churl was raised.

He doesn’t.

Thor, sans retcons, is (has been) the son of Odin and Gaia (Earth), whom Odin referred to as "Jord."

So anyone who now makes it so that Thor is no longer Gaia/Jord's son but instead the Phoenix's, has destroyed Thor's old origin story and replaced it with a new one.

Unless the continuity is even more convoluted than I'm aware. Since I'm old school, I wouldn't know.

Was reading talk about his disdain for Thor fans over on the Thor forum's. It's as if he reads fans comments and then deliberately writes spiteful stuff. Pretty petty.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    The God of Hammers is a villainized Mjolnir (wielded by the embodied Mother Storm from Jason Aaron's Thor run, infected by Mangog's rage when re-forged in the Sun). Was capable of open-fracturing Thor's arm, paralyzing Odin (granted taking shots at him was already common place, though the Storm had fought Odin in the good old days), fly itself back from being teleported to the ass end of creation in the time it took for Odin to try to brag about the BFR, and the assemblage of the Avengers, X-Men, Doc Strange, Beta Ray Bill (armed with the Twilight Sword), Freyja etc. was deemed insufficient to fight it off.
    Okay then, so not Mangog per se, but an offshoot of sorts. Got it. Thank you.

He does seem to just "roll with it" sometimes regarding character capabilities.
    I admit the upcoming "Banner of War" storyline? I will buy it because its my favorite comic rivalry of all time. But I'm low key gritting my teeth, hoping for the least amount of cringe..
    ----------------------

Mighty Member

Is Gaia the Phoenix now, or had Odin a very odd affair?