Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I dont get the problem. Cable is at least 50 in those panels and Storm is in her late 20s if not early 30s. It was a literal statement to highlight that Cable has more experience than Storm, which he did

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think Domino was throwing shade at 'Ro because she got really close to Cable at the time and Domino was afraid he wasn't going to take any hot baths with her anymore.
    Yep, I miss the days when Cable and Dom were really close.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont get the problem. Cable is at least 50 in those panels and Storm is in her late 20s if not early 30s. It was a literal statement to highlight that Cable has more experience than Storm, which he did
    It doesn't work. No matter what the spin is, Cable is supposed to be a little kid...Cy lops sending him to the future doing all that Askani Son stuff with Stryfe is why he looks the way he did. That's all a retcon anyway. Cable being older than Cyclops, Maddie, Jean, and Storm. He looks like it. But they were definitely born before he was and are older than him in every single facet.

But all that time Cable spent growing up in the future as well as in the past (as he clearly returned to the past a few times prior to his birth in this era) saw him aging faster than Cyclops, Maddie, Jean, Storm, etc., and obviously since he lived more years he also gained more experience during that time.

I think you’re missing that piece, which is to say that for Cable he continued to age while jumping around in time and even while he was here in the modern era doing mercenary work for the U.S. government back during the Cold War where his military record was A) mostly classified and B) the “stuff of legend” according to those in the know. All that stuff happened before he was even born.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky99 View Post
    It doesn't work. No matter what the spin is, Cable is supposed to be a little kid...Cy lops sending him to the future doing all that Askani Son stuff with Stryfe is why he looks the way he did. That's all a retcon anyway. Cable being older than Cyclops, Maddie, Jean, and Storm. He looks like it. But they were definitely born before he was and are older than him in every single facet.
    Whatever he was supposed to be doesnt matter bc the fact is he wasnt a kid. He had more experience than Storm bc of his age which is what that line was alluding to. It does make sense. Sorry you dont get it

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

It's really not that hard.

I'm older than Kurt Cobain, even though he was born before I was. I reached age 40, he died at 27. If I time traveled to 1992 to see Nirvana live, I'd still be older than him, because I'm still the me who reached 40. Earlier is not the same as older.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

For me anyone whose time-span (not necessarily lifespan) far exceeds the one living in 'history' is older , for example a 30 year old time traveling from the 23rd century to our current time is older than a contemporaneous octogenarian.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Domino's comment is nothing, but SHADE. It wasn't called for, but hey that's the X-Men throwing shade at each other all the damn time.

That's not how age works. Cable has been alive more years than Cyclops, Jean, Maddie, Storm, Domino, Rogue, or Howard the Duck. Most of those years were spent in a future timeline, but he still lived them.

Astonishing Member

I just realized Domino is the female version of Longshot. She's just way better.

Astonishing Member

I get what you're saying because Cable wasn't even born when Storm was a street urchin in Egypt. Domino is just making a metaphor at how older Cable is than Storm.

This is the funniest thread in a long time.