Extraordinary Member

Default Adam West in 'The Batman'

Some people decided to make a video splicing Adam West into footage from the Robert Pattinson Batman. West gleefully torturing a hoodlum might be the most disturbing thing I've seen all year.

I thought this was going to be about Adam West playing the mayor in the cartoon...

lol Gotta love people with time on their hands. I haven't seen the Robert Pattinson Batman movie, but this was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought this was going to be about Adam West playing the mayor in the cartoon...
    Nobody messes with Adam We.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Extraordinary Member

I’m not going to lie, that briefly remixed ‘66 theme is pretty good.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I like this better than the movie we did get.

Is it wrong that I really want to see this movie?

This was more interesting then the movie I did watch.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

That, my friends, is the DKR movie we should have gotten back in the day. And even though we didn't I still really, really, really want that 60s batmobile in a big budget Batman film. It's still the coolest.

One thing that really stuck out to me was how nice it was to see the characters actually look like the characters. This didn't feel like a redesign or reinvention of Riddler, Penguin, and Batman. This felt like how they were supposed to look and I think that's been missing from Batman movies for a long time.

BANNED

"Goofy Batman" sounds very disrespectful to West anyway.

Retired

The funny thing is, the day before this appeared on youtube, I was thinking someone should do this, and then the next day I see someone did it.

There is something about the Pattinson mask, with the nose bridge, that makes me think of West.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    One thing that really stuck out to me was how nice it was to see the characters actually look like the characters. This didn't feel like a redesign or reinvention of Riddler, Penguin, and Batman. This felt like how they were supposed to look and I think that's been missing from Batman movies for a long time.
    I mean, you really can't do the top hat and long cigarette holder thing for Penguin in anything remotely resembling the tone of modern Batman movies and it make sense. Riddler though could easily have gotten a more traditional costume and have it work. I mean, Frank Gorshin's best Riddler look was the full fashionable suit instead of just the one piece, and Joker's been wearing similar-but-purple suits in every film appearance. So some villains like Penguin need certain tweaks and updates to stay modern, but a lot of other changes made are unnecessary.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Still the best Penguin on the screen

Man, i would watch that.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Some people decided to make a video splicing Adam West into footage from the Robert Pattinson Batman. West gleefully torturing a hoodlum might be the most disturbing thing I've seen all year.

I've long thought that Adam West's Batman was the most terrifying version...grinning at criminals like a loon as he beat them senseless. Additionally, his utility belt gadgets made him essentially invincible. He probably has Anti-Great Darkness Spray in that belt.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014