Default Composite Link vs Following

Continuing my trend of just picking chars I know little about but which could be nebulously powerful, Composite Link fights the following!

1) Batman
    2) Gabriel Yulaw
    3) Guts The Black Swordsman
    4) Ruroni Kenshin
    5) Kenshiro
    6) Vash The Stampede
    7) Vampire Hunter D
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Batman better hope he's got enough flash-bangs to stunlock Link while Batman beats down his absolutely MASSIVE HP bar, because if Link gets off his Cape or any of his "Nuke the Area" magic spells, it's gonna be rough for Bats. And that's just LttP Link. I'm told Majora's Mask has some infinite Magic for 3 days milk, and of course BotW has fun stuff like Magneto powers and stop-time.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I expect AoE bullshit and durability can let him pretty trivially beat Batman. The rest.... not so much. Guts with Berserker armour can probably power through enough to close and last out his magic meter induced modes of invulnerability, and once it's a melee battle, he has a tremendous advantage. The rest all have blitz level speed advantages as far as I can recall
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I expect AoE bullshit and durability can let him pretty trivially beat Batman. The rest.... not so much. Guts with Berserker armour can probably power through enough to close and last out his magic meter induced modes of invulnerability, and once it's a melee battle, he has a tremendous advantage. The rest all have blitz level speed advantages as far as I can recall
    I'm pretty sure that if Guts tried to keep on the Berserker Armor for 3 days he'd be a meat slurry within an hour or so, considering how much it years him up just to use for a few minutes. Especially see Chateau Romani's 3 days of infinite magic combined with the Magic Cape would bean that Link is invisible and intangible for all three daway. but still able to attack with at least his standard weapons, so Guts can expect to not see hundreds of bomb arrows heading his way. Or lightning wands/arrows/swords to fry him through his metal armor and limbs, and probably blow up his own explosives while they are still on his person.

If he's able to use his Sheikah Slate runes, well, Magnesis is probably going to be very unpleasant for the guy in a metal suit with a metal arm. That said, I don't recall if there was a story reason he couldn't use that ability on enemies, or if that was just a gameplay thing.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-26-2022 at 06:37 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Guts has hit intangibles with his sword, so it's questionable if the cape will actually work. Magnesis is a problem, but focused and doesn't stop Guts shooting, plus the Sheikah slate abilities have to be targetted (and iirc Magnesis specifically has to hit with a very slow little energy orb), and Guts with or without armour is faster than Link by a considerable margin. He just needs to weather enough AoE stuff to close and then it's a zillion rapid hits with the Dragonslayer.

Link has high durability, but is staggered by pretty normal things, and that interrupts pretty much any and all of his abilities. Guts can easily play a hitstun game.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 04-26-2022 at 07:44 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands