Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Default Wolverine III Movie Discussion

It's not yet called "Wolverine III", but there's a third solo Wolverine movie in the works! Until it gets a proper name: Wolverine III.

From Deadline.com:

Twentieth Century Fox has begun negotiations with James Mangold to return for another installment of The Wolverine, with Hugh Jackman bringing back his signature character with the razor sharp adamantium hooks. This comes after The Wolverine played very strongly overseas, enough to now sit as the second highest grossing X-Men film of all time. The film has grossed $413 million worldwide, with $132 million domestic and $280 million in international revenue.

Here’s where it is right now. Mangold is making a deal to write the treatment, with X-Men franchise matriarch Lauren Shuler Donner producing. The storyline is being kept under tight wraps. I think Mangold did a bang up job on his first superhero film. When I met him at Comic-Con San Diego, he said he tried to veer from the usual superhero formula–if hero doesn’t succeed, world is doomed–and instead make it a character-driven storyline. There were plenty of action pieces, samurai swordplay and reasons for Logan to work up that famous temper, but at its core the film worked because the stakes were subtler and the storytelling somehow more intimate. Mangold is repped by WME and Management 360, Jackman by WME.
    The Wolverine was an awesome and under-rated movie, so this can only mean good things. Right?

The Wolverine film costume that never was... or, will it be?

Post news, rumors, wishes, desires, irrational complaints, vain wishes for Fox to sell their X-Men movie rights back to Marvel/Disney(lol), chosen emoticons, "too much Wolverine" rage, statements about your excitement and/or disinterest, and discussion points!

Poll is coming, y'all.

BANNED

In today's SFX Magazine, Jackman said that he'll only do this movie if it's better than The Wolverine, that it won't be set in Japan and that they're looking into Old Man Logan (though the transcript noted that he said it half-jokingly because he's really getting old).

Yeah even IGN reported that Jackman has said that he's still not signed onto to the movie yet. He'll only sign on if he thinks it's better than the last one.

I hope that it'll get made. Seeing Jackmn as Wolverine is one of the few good things in Fox's "X-Men" movies and maybe they'd get it completely right this time. Mangold's idea of making character driven stories is the right one, hopefully Fox realizes that too. Also sooner Jackman is finished as Wolverine the sooner Fox might go for a complete reboot of X-Men and I can't see it being any worse than what we've gotten so far. Only way to make it worse would be if they couldn't cast any good actors in any roles.

Yahoo News had an interview stating that Jackman is 99.99% sure that his next role as Wolverine will be his last.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/wolv...ll-be-the-last

Couldn't find it on Yahoo again
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'd like the 3rd one to go to Madripoor. I know that it could be perceived as the same formula as him going to Japan, but it is a great locale. bring in the Prince, Tyger Tyger,Yukio could go with him have the Princess Bar and Maybe even Bloodscream Roughhouse or Cyber working for The Prince
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

I hope it's done and by the same people who made the last movie. The Wolverine was really good.

Minus the forced Jean Grey stuff. I enjoyed The Wolverine. So I will definitely be watching for another one

affable sidekick material ScruffyLovin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I'd like the 3rd one to go to Madripoor. I know that it could be perceived as the same formula as him going to Japan, but it is a great locale. bring in the Prince, Tyger Tyger,Yukio could go with him have the Princess Bar and Maybe even Bloodscream Roughhouse or Cyber working for The Prince
    If we got some Wolvie as Patch action in the next solo film that would be completely kickass. I'll be satisfied if Jackman does this next movie as his last Logan appearance, though it really would be pretty cool if they squeezed in JUST one more with him even a little older and did the Old Man Logan story.

BANNED

If Jackman's only got one more film in him I wonder how they'll handle that in the larger X-Films 'verse. Will they recast? Reboot the franchise entirely? Just not bother with him at all?

If Wolverine III is to be his last movie, I wouldn't mind seeing them use it to set up how the rest of the franchise will handle Jackman hanging up the claws.

I will believe the next one being his last when I see it. Wasnt RDJr saying the same thing before he signed his latest mega Avengers contract. I feel like thats a bargaining chip. Or his attempted to strong arm an R rating for the next one. I'm sure Fox has a few zeros that could persuade him too. Not to mention if they get it 100 right in his mind I bet it re motivates him for one last hurrah.

Yukio better be in this one.
    On ye olde CBR

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I hope Yukio returns. I liked her cinematic adaptation.

I'd just like a great final?!? Wolverine film. I enjoyed The Wolverine.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Ideas:

Cold War movie with Omega Red and Winter Soldier.

Wolverine from Days of Future Past travelling to rescue mutants and trying to make sure his time doesn't happen.

Wolverine vs Daken, The Mongrels and The Red Right Hand

Wolverine comes back to Canada to settle things with the Canadian government, the people who allowed the Weapon Project to happen and ends up meeting Alpha Flight .

Wolverine finds out that the real Deadpool is still alive and tries to rescue him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Ideas:
    Wolverine comes back to Canada to settle things with the Canadian government, the people who allowed the Weapon Project to happen and ends up meeting Alpha Flight .
    Didn't the films make Weapon X a United States Army project? Stryker at least was clearly US Army in X2 and Origins:

And they're definitely keeping to that in DoFP: