Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

A film about a character nobody remembers, who is "El Muerto" en español? Hey! I got that reference!

Well, I guess Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Amy Pascal and the rest of the senior production principals are determined to mine every obscure character into a potential TV show or feature film. Bless their hearts. I guess Disney doesn’t have to spend a dime, so have at it, Columbia/Sony folks.

Hire some Latinx producers, writers and a director to work on this. There’s no excuse not to have people with some cultural credibility to explore the Luchador world, especially since this character’s actual comics history is so paper thin.

They should look at Franc. Reyes for a director: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0721279/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_4

They might as well have the Lobo Brothers as villains, I don’t think they will be included in any Spider-Man films.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lobo_...Eduardo%20Lobo.

make this a lower budget effort. you don't have to spend $200 million on this one.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 04-26-2022 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Here's how this can lead to Hellion.

While Sony exhausts their Spider-material, the MCU will incorporate the X-Men. Naturally, they'll be a big hit and incredibly popular. With less options to go with and the Paper Doll spin-off flopping, Sony will want to get a piece of that pie. And what mutant is connected to Spider-Man? Hellion. And with him comes several popular mutants, including Emma Frost, the Hellions and the New Mutants.

So let Sony continue to go down the checklist. A checklist Hellion is on. Once the other names are of the way, Hellion will finally have his time to shine.
    I find it interesting you started to post here at around the time ASM got worse during Beyond.

Maybe I should take that as a signal Hellion will save ASM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    So who else thought this was a joke when they saw it?
    I didn't even have time to think that, first I was wondering who El Muerto is, and then I was thinking "What." lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Why isn't Sony getting Sam Raimi back to make a Spider-Man 4/Spider-Girl movie, starring Sophia Lillis as Mayday? And make a Web Warriors franchise?
    Well, right now Raimi is busy with Doctor Strange 2, but for whatever reason Sony still wants to make this universe grow, with, characters like these lol.

Anyways, anyone else think this movie, if it happens, will end with Vulture and Morbius calling El Muerto for a Sinister Six movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Why isn't Sony getting Sam Raimi back to make a Spider-Man 4/Spider-Girl movie, starring Sophia Lillis as Mayday? And make a Web Warriors franchise?
    Whatever arrangement Sony has going with Disney probably bars them from doing a direct live-action Spider-Man movie, or having a live-action Spider-Man appear in Venom or Morbius.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Mighty Member

Hahahahahahaha

I mean, I thought a Jackpot Movie was silly, a Character who hasn't had a comic in about 15 years. But I can at least understand that.

I doubt even Peter David thinks about 'El Muerto.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I find it interesting you started to post here at around the time ASM got worse during Beyond.

Maybe I should take that as a signal Hellion will save ASM.
    I said it before, but I'm a Marvel plant, sent to astroturf Hellion into becoming the next big thing. Since the X-Men and Spider-Man brands will be crossing over, my services are needed here.

Spoiler for the Zeb run: Peter and MJ are in an AU, trapped in an illusion that will test their relationship before they finally get together, and will keep the characters busy while other spiders get the spotlight. Including the LGBT Spider-hero Kevinroc's been wanting: Black Widow.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

What I HOPE happened here is that there was one person out there who really loved what they saw of El Muerto, so they wrote a script and ignored all the "Who?!" comments and after years of hard work it all paid off with a movie. A passion project that won out!

.........That's probably not what happened, but I can dream.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

I must not be as big of a Spidey fan as I thought I was because I don't know who that character is. Like I've never even seen him before now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Honestly I thought it was crazy that a one-off villain was picked to be the main baddie of the Moon Knight show, but headlining a feature film is a whole other magnitude.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-28-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Oh boy... Sony loves throwing money out of the window. Instead of doing movie about, I dunno, Miguel O'Hara where the sky's the limit, they are making movie about character nobody cares about. It's fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean **** I already found it bizarre enough when I heard Madame Web was getting a movie, she's not that known as a character and is only a supportive character, but this guy?
    Madame Web had a big push in the 90s cartoon and if they go with the Julie Carpenter MW2 we could have a good hand me down story...I have no idea who this guy is
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This is kind of insane.

It probably won't happen, but I hope that Peter David and Roger Cruz get at least a million dollars out of this, regardless of the reason.
    Peter David and Roger Cruz boutta get that huge payout of 2 crisp dollar bills and half a Big Mac

Couple of more Morbiuses and we can put this puppy down I reckon'
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Couple of more Morbiuses and we can put this puppy down I reckon'
    You do not see the unlimited potential of the El Muerto Cinematic Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    You do not see the unlimited potential of the El Muerto Cinematic Universe

Okay I have to admit there's some money in El Muerto V Bonesaw McGraw: Dawn of Justice
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«