Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

At this point I get the feeling that whoever is pitching these movies is just trolling Sony just to see what it takes for them to say no. I don’t even know who this character is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    At this point I get the feeling that whoever is pitching these movies is just trolling Sony just to see what it takes for them to say no. I don’t even know who this character is.
    I had no idea Nightwatch was a character until Sony said they'd make a movie out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Hahahahahahaha

I mean, I thought a Jackpot Movie was silly, a Character who hasn't had a comic in about 15 years. But I can at least understand that.

I doubt even Peter David thinks about 'El Muerto.
    I wonder if Peter David even remembers creating him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I said it before, but I'm a Marvel plant, sent to astroturf Hellion into becoming the next big thing. Since the X-Men and Spider-Man brands will be crossing over, my services are needed here.

Spoiler for the Zeb run: Peter and MJ are in an AU, trapped in an illusion that will test their relationship before they finally get together, and will keep the characters busy while other spiders get the spotlight. Including the LGBT Spider-hero Kevinroc's been wanting: Black Widow.
    Wonder if I should save this, y'know, saving a prophet's words .

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Oh boy... Sony loves throwing money out of the window. Instead of doing movie about, I dunno, Miguel O'Hara where the sky's the limit, they are making movie about character nobody cares about. It's fascinating.
    I can understand the idea of making a movie about a relatively unknown character and try to make that one popular, MCU did that with Eternals after all, but... El Muerto? At least pick someone who looks cool lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Madame Web had a big push in the 90s cartoon
    Yeah, and she returned in the comics 'cause of that, thing is, in either one she was a supporting character.

and if they go with the Julie Carpenter MW2 we could have a good hand me down story...
    They're likely using Julia, or at least an young Cassandra, since I think Bleeding Cool confirmed Dakota Johnson (The chick from fifty shades of grey) will be playing her.

And yeah, there is more potential if the story uses Julia over an someone stuck in a wheelchair, but thing is, Julia herself is strictly a supporting character too, Marvel made no stories with her as the main focus after she became Madame Web (The closest thing to that were the .LR issues from Last Remains, where she's more active and is the reason Sin Eater killed himself), so I can only wonder what they'll do with a movie that has a precog as a main character, who may have Spider-Powers.

It could actually end up being something cool, potential is there, but I'm not holding my breath lol.

I have no idea who this guy is
    Can't blame ya lol.

He only showed up in two issues of Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Peter David and Roger Cruz boutta get that huge payout of 2 crisp dollar bills and half a Big Mac
    Probably more than what they made in their entire lives working in comics .

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Okay I have to admit there's some money in El Muerto V Bonesaw McGraw: Dawn of Justice
    And then we have the surprise appearance of Crusher Hogan to make this into a three-way fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I had no idea Nightwatch was a character until Sony said they'd make a movie out of them.
    If anything, these movies announcements will make people learn of a bunch of random forgotten Spidey characters.

Hey here's an idea: What if, they make a movie about the Burglar?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

When I heard this news I was thinking it was El Guapo from X-Statix (himself a pretty obscure character), but then I remembered who El Muerto was and that was really an eyebrow raise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Oh boy... Sony loves throwing money out of the window. Instead of doing movie about, I dunno, Miguel O'Hara where the sky's the limit, they are making movie about character nobody cares about. It's fascinating.
    I wonder if the whole deal with Marvel means they can't do a live action Spider-Man on their own, regardless of which Spider-Man it is. Because it seems like they would jump at the chance to do Miguel, Miles, Ben, etc in live action if they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I wonder if the whole deal with Marvel means they can't do a live action Spider-Man on their own, regardless of which Spider-Man it is. Because it seems like they would jump at the chance to do Miguel, Miles, Ben, etc in live action if they could.
    I kinda get the feeling they probably have the same mentality Warner had with their characters in the 90's and 00's. They would limit or ban the appearances of certain characters (most infamously, Batman with the "Bat-embargo") because it would "cause confusion among audiences" seeing different interpretations of the characters.

Probably Sony has a logic of "we can't use characters that are appearing in the Spider-Verse animated movies because they would confuse audiences".

Then again, Sony just made one of the most confusing post-credit scenes of all time, so idk, maybe they're just incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I kinda get the feeling they probably have the same mentality Warner had with their characters in the 90's and 00's. They would limit or ban the appearances of certain characters (most infamously, Batman with the "Bat-embargo") because it would "cause confusion among audiences" seeing different interpretations of the characters.

Probably Sony has a logic of "we can't use characters that are appearing in the Spider-Verse animated movies because they would confuse audiences".

Then again, Sony just made one of the most confusing post-credit scenes of all time, so idk, maybe they're just incompetent.
    It's definitely not because of "confusion" because Spidey Home 3 uses characters from 3 different movie continuities.

I think a deal they made with MCU is that they won't be using the same characters across continuities, having a bit of an exclusivity going on, and then with Spidey Home 3 and Morbius, they kinda switched, MCU gets to have a symbiote, while Venomverse gets to have Vulture.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

It sounds like such a mess...

Astonishing Member

As I said over in the tv/movie forum, Sony gets 3 things out of doing El Muerto -

1. They get to do a movie with a Latino lead (trying to get on the bandwagon early despite Echo and America Chavez having Latino heritage).
    2. He has only had 2 appearances. Because he is so obscure there is less pressure from fans to get the source material right.
    3. He is a luchador who gains his powers from his mask. There is no flashy powers to speak of. The only one who will cost money to realise is El Dorado and that's because he wears armour. They can make this on the cheap and hopefully increase their chance of making a profit.

Like most I raised an eyebrow, scratched my head and laughed when I heard about it. Heck, I'd take a Solo, Tarantula or Nighwatch film before this guy. Now we have El Muerto in the works, how long before we get El Toro Negro?

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    When I heard this news I was thinking it was El Guapo from X-Statix (himself a pretty obscure character), but then I remembered who El Muerto was and that was really an eyebrow raise.
    He was the dude with the abusive sentient skateboard right? I want whatever Milligan was sniffing/drinking.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

POSSIBLY Tombstone has been cast and will presumably be the main villain of the film, if ya believe rumors from Twitter:

Image10.jpg
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    POSSIBLY Tombstone has been cast and will presumably be the main villain of the film, if ya believe rumors from Twitter:

Image10.jpg
    ^^^I can see that.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post

Image10.jpg
    That Krondon guy reminds me of the PS4/PS5 Tombstone.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    That Krondon guy reminds me of the PS4/PS5 Tombstone.
    Heard that so far it's just talk as there has been so far nothing done with any real casting and is in very early production