Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

So they show the league alive at the end? Can someone write down what they show? Thanks

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I thought Death of The Justice League would be a story arc but no it's just one issue. I wasn't following the League so I'm surprised that the beginning of the story is them just getting invited

DC is really confident that Black Adam will be a block buster. I think that's why he's being pushed so hard.

I'd appreciate if they gave Aquaman the same treatment. Made over a billion dollars but is still sidelined.

Joker, the first R rated billion dollar movie. People would love a black label book of that version of the Joker.

And what about Shazam? He had a decent film. He could benefit from a little spotlight too.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 04-27-2022 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It does feel like we are doing an evolution of sorts. It started with characters dying and creative teams claiming that it is real and done deal. Then at some point we switched to "well, if character is popular he might come back". Then to death being only a temporary thing. Now when characters "die" they often aren't even dead. So I guess Williamson is just doing the next logical step and not even pretending that characters who are being "killed" are even in any danger.

Maybe in few years we'll start getting oversized one-shots where character is killed and resurrected in the same story for "maximum drama".
    The irony is Williamson has often mentioned in interviews that he doesn't want readers to always feel like their favorites are safe since it presumably takes a lot of the interest away, yet he didn't even try to make it look like the League was actually dead for real. Ollie's apparent death was the "shock value" moment, but he's either also going to be all fine and good after Dark Crisis or he will stay badly injured for a while so Connor can take over the mantle again. After all there's no memorial statue of him in the Dark Crisis previews even though he was the closest thing to actual death that we got in this issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    And what about Shazam? He had a decent film. He could benefit from a little spotlight too.
    I find it really wired that didn't do any OGNs or cartoons for kids with Shazam sofar, I mean that property is basically made for that.

LMAO....sure "Dead"....this reminded me of when they "Died" at the beginning of Forever Evil...when they were Imprisoned inside Firestorm....or how about when Nate Grey "Killed" the X-Men and had them in a Pocket Universe for 6 months while all of that happened...or Onslaught and Heroes Reborn when The Avengers and the Fantastic Four "died".....

The "Dark Army" manages to kill.....ZERO....ZERO Heroes are killed by the Dark ARMY Pariah assembled....they were literally Pawns dressed up as Gods...this seriously feels like DCs Swan Song and they will end up being cool again in 15-20 years because no one is reading them and they will give Actual Talent a chance again after the WB has wrung it for every last drop and Bendis is finally showed the door...because woof...this Issue seriously just sort of says "everything NOT Named Justice League Incarnate...does not matter. TELEPORT"....I mean....wooof

We were shown an ARMY of the Most Dangerous Foes they have ever gone against....and instead of watching each character get taken out in unique ways....Pariah appears to just kill them the same way Barry Died in the original Crisis?????? and i mean Pariah kills EVERY Hero...not just the Trinity...the Dark Army (including Black Lantern Spectre...I mean Dark Spectre, apparently killing Stewart...until suddenly he was next to Hawkgirl, Aquaman, J'onn, and Zatanna....who are given an entire 1/5th of a page to be killed in............I mean wow this was BAD)
    Last edited by gambit2051; 04-27-2022 at 01:31 AM.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

We were shown an ARMY of the Most Dangerous Foes they have ever gone against....and instead of watching each character get taken out in unique ways....Pariah appears to just kill them the same way Barry Died in the original Crisis?????? and i mean Pariah kills EVERY Hero...not just the Trinity...the Dark Army (including Black Lantern Spectre...I mean Dark Spectre, apparently killing Stewart...until suddenly he was next to Hawkgirl, Aquaman, J'onn, and Zatanna....who are given an entire 1/5th of a page to be killed in............I mean wow this was BAD)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The irony is Williamson has often mentioned in interviews that he doesn't want readers to always feel like their favorites are safe since it presumably takes a lot of the interest away, yet he didn't even try to make it look like the League was actually dead for real. Ollie's apparent death was the "shock value" moment, but he's either also going to be all fine and good after Dark Crisis or he will stay badly injured for a while so Connor can take over the mantle again. After all there's no memorial statue of him in the Dark Crisis previews even though he was the closest thing to actual death that we got in this issue.
    omg, thats right, i forgot Ollie was smushed into the pavement by DOOMSDAY....but he was still talking and Canary was screaming about getting him home and they were not Barry Allen Ray killed by Pariah...so maimed by Doomsday...same guy that killed Superman once....only MAIMS Ollie... the Green Arrow....Dark Army lmao...

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It is what it is. No one expects these deaths to be permanent, so as long as the story in between is good then fine. Dark Crisis as a concept is promising, and I like the characters involved in it. Probably the first DC "event" I've been interested in since probably Blackest Night.

I didn't exactly expect a deep story out of this issue, as it always seemed from the start that just doing it in one issue was more way to just move the original heroes off the board to get the story moving. In that regards, it accomplished what it set out to do.
    the MAJOR issue with Dark Crisis....that Dark Army was a JOKE...until Pariah threw a Temper Tantrum...so....yeah. The bar is so low...i am not sure it is made for humans to get under at the moment at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The heck happened to Mary Marvel and Dino Cop? They just vanish after the big spread page
    They served their purpose...they were in the Splash Page. 5 Long time League Members received a full 1/5th of a page for their death....there was more White Space in the 2 pages of the Trinity receiving the Barry Allen Crisis Death Treatment than those 5 received for their own...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I’m curious how they bring Oliver back, because this would be a lackluster death for him if he’s the only league member to die. Also, why did he not get teleported with the rest of the league at the beginning of the story?
    Because then they couldn't telegraph his Death so easily........? lol

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It does feel like we are doing an evolution of sorts. It started with characters dying and creative teams claiming that it is real and done deal. Then at some point we switched to "well, if character is popular he might come back". Then to death being only a temporary thing. Now when characters "die" they often aren't even dead. So I guess Williamson is just doing the next logical step and not even pretending that characters who are being "killed" are even in any danger.

Maybe in few years we'll start getting oversized one-shots where character is killed and resurrected in the same story for "maximum drama".
    Or we will get something like when The Simpsons had a Radioactive Man where he and his partner Die on Every Page lmao

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I thought Death of The Justice League would be a story arc but no it's just one issue. I wasn't following the League so I'm surprised that the beginning of the story is them just getting invited
    We don't have time for story arcs anymore. We have to get to the next big event ASAP.

Joshua Williamson has been very disrespectful to Zee.

First off he ignored continuity. UDM is still supposed to be inside Zee.
    Second Zee doesn't contribute to the fight at all. He specifically makes her say "My magic isn't working on UDM." Not even a little?
    He could've atleast made every hero takedown one villain each but NOPE. Gotta make "GOD ate the source" JON Stewart shine.
    Thirdly, it hasn't happened yet but the previews of Dark Crisis show they didn't put any statue for Zee outside the hall of Justice.
    Also she's not there with the rest of the league in the panel showing Heroes vs Villains.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 04-27-2022 at 07:33 AM.

Isn't the next "event" supposed to be magic based? Perhaps that could explain Zatanna's presence here, especially with her comment about her father having died against the Great Darkness.

I'm not sure where Williamson made John Stewart shine when he got wiped out by the Dark Spectre right after he made the constructs of the other heroes, which he would've done with or without his new powers, since anytime they have a GL in these stories they always have them make constructs of heroes absent from the battle before they get punked out immediately afterwards. John getting a little more panel time than Zatanna doesn't mean he was given a chance to shine and she wasn't, hell the only hero in the story that was even remotely effective against Pariah was Ollie.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-27-2022 at 08:14 AM.