Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Okay... but even if we say doomsday is at 10% of his power... shouldn't a single hit landing on any non armored mortal person be instant death? I made this argument back in the 90's about BLue Beetle (and ted is one of my top 20 fav comic heroes I have his entire 80's run) that no one should survive a hit that can hurt superman.
    The only characters for whom your assertion rings true are other Kryptonians and that assuming that Supes is the physically superior specimen. However many other heroes have different means of arriving at durability and whether they perform better ot worse versus an attack would depend on the details. Assertions to the contrary would be folly

Practically in every superhero book we have regular humans surviving things that should either kill or cripple them for life. If Ollie surviving Doomdsay's punch was the only problem with this issue then it would be damn near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Practically in every superhero book we have regular humans surviving things that should either kill or cripple them for life. If Ollie surviving Doomdsay's punch was the only problem with this issue then it would be damn near perfect.
    I didn’t see Ollie getting punched by Doomsday. It looked to me like Doomsday was popping out of the rubble and GA was crushed by the debris. Or maybe even Doomsday punched the ground and Ollie was hit by the rocks.

I can see why Hal would be distrustful by the way, makes absolute sense he’s suspicious of Adam when he thinks “okay this guy who before his recent turn of heart, which is his second after his stint with the JSA, is a villain/dictator who has been apart of multiple big threats for the world even one all by himself; is saying the rest of the Justice League died, which means John, J’onn, Diana, and Clark, and he’s the only survivor”. I can see how it looks suspicious.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Now I have to read JLA: The Obsidian Age.
    You will be quite glad you did. Had Kelly had more consistent visual support his run easily competes for the best alongside any other. Waid's run was similarly hamstrung.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    People shouldn't blame Williamson for what is a transparent (and rushed) editorial mandate.
    I guess no matter how we shuffle the deck there are going be those.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I didn’t see Ollie getting punched by Doomsday. It looked to me like Doomsday was popping out of the rubble and GA was crushed by the debris. Or maybe even Doomsday punched the ground and Ollie was hit by the rocks.
    That was my reading of the scene as well.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I would think that if Doomsday had actually made contact with Ollie, he would've been a puddle of goo.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would think that if Doomsday had actually made contact with Ollie, he would've been a puddle of goo.
    Oliver Queen, The Green Smear...
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

In preparation Road to Dark Crisis and Dark Crisis, I took a few evenings to reread Infinite Frontier #0-6 and Justice League Incarnate #1-5 and The Death of The Justice League #75.

Whoa I enjoyed this even more then when it came out as monthlies.

There was a lot I'd forgotten and it felt really tight which was a suprise cause first time through it, it felt more random... this time around I picked up on everything and it felt like lean mean cohesive storytelling.

The only real question I have is Parish's true motivation.

It clearly states Multiverse 1 and Multiverse 2 in the story. Pariah being from the former COIE Multiverse and as best I can tell his motivation seems to be to populate his Multiverse with classic heroes. Giving them the perfect stepford wives type existence. Maybe he wants to rebuild the universe he essentially destroyed by his mad scientist behaviors to make amends... but is this just another setup for a bigger twist.... are there any key predictions people have for this.

I know one complaint is 75 was to predictable.... was IF and JLI seen as to predictable too?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    In preparation Road to Dark Crisis and Dark Crisis, I took a few evenings to reread Infinite Frontier #0-6 and Justice League Incarnate #1-5 and The Death of The Justice League #75.

Whoa I enjoyed this even more then when it came out as monthlies.

There was a lot I'd forgotten and it felt really tight which was a suprise cause first time through it, it felt more random... this time around I picked up on everything and it felt like lean mean cohesive storytelling.

The only real question I have is Parish's true motivation.

It clearly states Multiverse 1 and Multiverse 2 in the story. Pariah being from the former COIE Multiverse and as best I can tell his motivation seems to be to populate his Multiverse with classic heroes. Giving them the perfect stepford wives type existence. Maybe he wants to rebuild the universe he essentially destroyed by his mad scientist behaviors to make amends... but is this just another setup for a bigger twist.... are there any key predictions people have for this.

I know one complaint is 75 was to predictable.... was IF and JLI seen as to predictable too?
    Had the same thoughts when I reaad through justice league incarnate. Things seem a lot more dire and like there was more thought behind it when you read JL Incarnnate. I think a lot of people wrote that book off sadly.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Default Just read it...

It took me a while to find a copy of Justice League 75. It was sold out just about everywhere.

I'm pretty unhappy with the direction of the DC universe since Death Metal, so I'm down to just reading the New World's finest series and the "event" story that has run through Infinite Frontier and Justice League Incarnate. This is very much a continuation of that story, but it feels so... I don't know, tired maybe? Infinite Frontier was about rediscovering old characters and introducing new mysteries. (What happened to black lantern Roy anyway?) JLI was about having fun in the multiverse until the main story took over completely. (President Superman and Doctor Multiverse writing their own miniseries on Earth Prime with Darkseid as the editor was a great concept.) This comic is about badly executed fights and Pariah one-shotting the entire Justice League. There's nothing to hook me into reading #76, or Dark Crisis whatever-it's-called.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Street View Post
    It took me a while to find a copy of Justice League 75. It was sold out just about everywhere.

I'm pretty unhappy with the direction of the DC universe since Death Metal, so I'm down to just reading the New World's finest series and the "event" story that has run through Infinite Frontier and Justice League Incarnate. This is very much a continuation of that story, but it feels so... I don't know, tired maybe? Infinite Frontier was about rediscovering old characters and introducing new mysteries. (What happened to black lantern Roy anyway?) JLI was about having fun in the multiverse until the main story took over completely. (President Superman and Doctor Multiverse writing their own miniseries on Earth Prime with Darkseid as the editor was a great concept.) This comic is about badly executed fights and Pariah one-shotting the entire Justice League. There's nothing to hook me into reading #76, or Dark Crisis whatever-it's-called.
    Roy was freed from Black Lantern (forgot the details) and return to Earth-0 to find his daughter but got involved by what's happening in Teen Titans Academy since that's his first stop. Titans already know he's alive, he's subbing as a teacher, the rest I don't know I don't read that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Street View Post
    . . . This comic is about badly executed fights and Pariah one-shotting the entire Justice League. There's nothing to hook me into reading #76, or Dark Crisis whatever-it's-called.
    I don't think there is a Justice League issue #76 scheduled for any time in the foreseeable future . . .

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Roy was freed from Black Lantern (forgot the details) and return to Earth-0 to find his daughter but got involved by what's happening in Teen Titans Academy since that's his first stop. Titans already know he's alive, he's subbing as a teacher, the rest I don't know I don't read that book.
    Thank you! Interesting that he's already got rid of the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't think there is a Justice League issue #76 scheduled for any time in the foreseeable future . . .
    I realized that after writing the post, but it didn't seem like an important enough detail to go back and edit.