Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Nothing makes more bank than Judas Traveller

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

if Sony wants a movie hero for their Spidey Universe dont do Ben Reiley or Kaine...Spidercide is their guy

Hobgoblin- Standalone movie in the Sam Raimi universe in which businessman Roderick Kingsley finds Osborn tech and uses it to wipe out his political enemies. Eventually he may get into a fight with Spider-Girl, leading to a cameo with the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man.

The Daily Bugle- This would be set in the MCU, but would not have any cameos by Marvel exclusive characters. It focuses on reporters investigating superhero/ supervillain stories, some of which involve characters Sony has the rights to. It could be used as a way to launch spinoffs. For example, this could introduce El Muerto and/or Cardiac in a way that has less blowback than immediately giving a minor character a lead film. It could also seed events for Spider-Man sequels while Tom Holland and Jon Watt take some time off (IE- setting up a potential gang war between Tombstone and Kingpin.)
    One plot point: MCU Ned Leeds comes for an internship on Betty's recommendation, and discovers another Ned Leeds who is a Daily Bugle star reporter more like the guy in the comics.

The Vulture- Horror movie in its own world in which the Vulture is the only person with super-powers and targeting people who previously ripped him off.

Cardiac- This would be built in as part of the Daily Bugle pitch to get a bigger name actor for the role. He would uncover a major conspiracy with pharmaceutical companies.

Black Cat- Yeah, it's pretty much Catwoman.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Can I do Spider-Woman (Jess) and tie her to the MCU?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'm going to fudge a little and say, for this exercise, I am able to use Venom -- because what I would do is have a bunch of solo movies that lead into Maximum Carnage, just as the solo Marvel characters met in Avengers.

Start with Venom, with this tagline: "With great power comes great tragedy."

Do a not-crap Morbius movie, Black Cat and Prowler in a superpowered heist movie, then continue with lesser-known characters like Nightwatch (super time travel?) and others that are contractually available. Silver Sable? Annex?

Then, culminate their storylines in Maximum Carnage. Have them team-up to take down Carnage and his family, who perhaps were introduced in the various solo movies.

Honestly, I can't believe this ISN'T the plan.

-Pav, who feels like it's an obvious direction...
    Do a not-crap Morbius movie would be my move, too. I love that character and he's one of those Spider-Man characters that you could do a solo film about, so it's a shame they blew it so badly.

Morlun, of course. Maybe his family too.

And I'd have Shathra in there somewhere, too, perhaps as the intro villain and the way Morlun's family finds out about Peter's spiderness.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-03-2022 at 12:25 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

I propose a spy thriller about Peter Parkers parents solving a case of the Soviet cloning an army of half men half ape beasts.

I propose a R rated Black Cat spinoff based of Kevin Smiths excellent the Evil that Men Do series, with some changes off course as I would not ahve access to Nightcrawler, Daredevil or even Spider-Man himself.

I propose a crime drama with Captein Stacy as the main character and Tombstone, Robbie Roberston and J. Jonah Jameson as secondary characters set before Spider-Man exists.

I propose a second crime drama were Gwen Stacies mother is the victim of Cletus Cassidy thus Captein Stacy now has to learn how to be a singel father to Gwen Stacy who is still just a child. Now since I assume that I do not have access to any of the big characters that have already been in sony'es more recent movies I would make it like the movie Bycycle Theif were the criminal who is the catalyst for the drama is never found, although I would reveal it to be Cassidy in a post credit scene, showing him lingering a stolen family jewel from the Stacies between his fingers as he says something along the line of ''even if they find me they can't stop choas, even if they execute me they can't stop choas. You can kill people but never choas and carnage''.

Next would be Madam Web spinoff film. But not about the old Aunt May looking Madam Web, but a child Madam Web having to face the horrors of seeing things that will come to pass and feeling even more dread as she is unable to stop them and contantly being scoulded by her parents for trying to stop future misshappenings as she does not trust her parents to believe her even if she is telling the truth. She also gets bullied by her peers as her new found knowledge makes her not do things she would other wise do and do things she would other wise not do. When taken to a physiatrist she gets into the most problems since when the physiatrist asks her to close her eyes her horriyfing visions becomes the most clear. Like wise she has a hard time sleeping sense when ever she closes her eyes she has those same horrible visions and dreams awfull nightmares afterwards.

Also, I would not shy away from refferencing of witch burnings in the film as I think it would be quite appropriate.

Another film would be about Curt Connors in the Irak war were he looses his arm. The film would deal his relationship with his parents as he has gone insane. After his family leaves him he starts concentrate about the ability of amphibians and lizards regrowing limps and in the end he ends up attacking his family in his newfound Lizard form.

By the way I am not sure this would work in your proposed scenario. I mean you did not really tell exactly which characters are off limits besides Milles and Spider-Man or even if these movies should be part of the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man universe or not, because if that is the case then my proposal for a Lizard spinoff film is out the window.

Spectacular Member

I like that idea for a Silver Sable film that was brought up earlier, it would be an espionage thriller and among the characters you could introduce a girl name Felicia who's greed and ambition becomes too much for her leading to a falling-out. Then we follow her into her own film which would be a heist comedy, you could introduce Frederick Myers aka Boomerang, who we then follow into a Superior Foes Of Spider-Man/Sinister Six film

Amazing Member

Morlun would be good for a Terminator-esque chase thriller

The Disney Spider-Man cartoons left me with a bad opinion of this character, but I think a movie with Ollie Osnick as the Steel Spider could have potential. Ollie could try to take up as New York's hero after Spider-Man mysteriously disappears, and at the same time a new Doc-Ock, Carlyon Trainer shows up. A case of two people inspired by their heroes, but opposite sides of the same coin.

Another idea could be for Prowler, either Hobie or Aaron. Both of them could origin stories with Aaron dealing with someone like Scorpion (Ultimate universe inspired) and Hobie could deal with...some obscure villain Sony would pull from their butt. Or even better, like they were to do with Silver and Black we could get Prowler and Hornet.