Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Let's say you're in charge of Spider-man spinoff movies ...

Let's say you're SONY. More specifically, you're the guy in charge of making movies set in the Spider-man-verse. You're not the BIG guy. You don't handle the main series, or Venom, or even into the Spider-verse stuff with Miles and the gang. In fact, you can't get any of the actual big character for more than a post credit sequence.

Now you're boss has come in and told you he needs your pitches for the next six or seven Spider-man movies you're doing. What do you give him?

Extraordinary Member

Superior foes by Nick Spencer gets adapted

I talk with Disney to make a Spider-Man and the X-Men adaptation, except there's no Glob Herman in this version.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'd pitch a movie about Silver Sable and the Wild Pack. They are divorced enough from Spider-Man in order to do a stand-alone movie about them. Just make it Suicide Squad-esque in tone.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'd adapt the Slingers. They work as Peter/Spider-Man analogoues but are pretty obscure so they have more freedom. They work as good guy foils for the antiheroes so there isnt the need to soften them up. Plus they give the Sonyverse a direction outside of tieing into the MCU.

They are a small group so you could bang out a phase of films pretty fast. 3 out of the 4 have their own niche/tone so Prodigy could become the POV character for the teamup film.

Identity crisis could be phase 2 as old enemies resurface to take on the Slingers. You could bring in Macguire Peter as a reluctant mentor. In the comics they are given the outfits by a benefactor so you could lean into the legacy angle.

Or you adapt out the Spider-Man is a murderer angle and retool it around each Slinger as a solo film.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-26-2022 at 11:35 AM.

I'm going to fudge a little and say, for this exercise, I am able to use Venom -- because what I would do is have a bunch of solo movies that lead into Maximum Carnage, just as the solo Marvel characters met in Avengers.

Start with Venom, with this tagline: "With great power comes great tragedy."

Do a not-crap Morbius movie, Black Cat and Prowler in a superpowered heist movie, then continue with lesser-known characters like Nightwatch (super time travel?) and others that are contractually available. Silver Sable? Annex?

Then, culminate their storylines in Maximum Carnage. Have them team-up to take down Carnage and his family, who perhaps were introduced in the various solo movies.

Honestly, I can't believe this ISN'T the plan.

-Pav, who feels like it's an obvious direction...
    Last edited by Pav; 04-26-2022 at 12:46 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details