Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Default Did Rebirth amazons receive powers from the Gods?

I don't remember any comics saying they were given strength, speed etc by the Gods. Only that they don't age. Am i missing something?

They were said to be created by Aphrodite so I presume yes.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They were said to be created by Aphrodite so I presume yes.
    And did she give them Super powers or just eternal youth?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I don't remember any comics saying they were given strength, speed etc by the Gods. Only that they don't age. Am i missing something?
    The Bana backup from a few months ago had Faruka commenting snidely how the Themyscirans get speed/strength blessings along with immortality in exchange for guarding the door, commenting how if any other Amazon wanted such power they had to fight and earn it. Basically treating the Themyscirans as getting freebie powers for nothing

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    The Bana backup from a few months ago had Faruka commenting snidely how the Themyscirans get speed/strength blessings along with immortality in exchange for guarding the door, commenting how if any other Amazon wanted such power they had to fight and earn it. Basically treating the Themyscirans as getting freebie powers for nothing
    And yet a whole event and we never saw that play out...shame

On the same level as WW?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    On the same level as WW?
    Its from an outside perspective regarding Themyscira Amazons as a whole so 'Diana vs other Amazons' was not really something discussed.

That said, Trial of the Amazons showed Donna, Philipus, and Yara racing as fast as they could go and despite Yara being half god and Donna flying, Philipus was keeping the same pace with them. So make of that what you will

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Its from an outside perspective regarding Themyscira Amazons as a whole so 'Diana vs other Amazons' was not really something discussed.

That said, Trial of the Amazons showed Donna, Philipus, and Yara racing as fast as they could go and despite Yara being half god and Donna flying, Philipus was keeping the same pace with them. So make of that what you will
    Lazy art and writing.

The same type of thing that happens in animation and other comic books. How does Batman without his jet get by as fast in a city as Superman? Just an example. How does Batman in animated shows dodge multiple gunfire and do standing 20 feet or more leaps? Just lazy writing and animation.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Lazy art and writing.

The same type of thing that happens in animation and other comic books. How does Batman without his jet get by as fast in a city as Superman? Just an example. How does Batman in animated shows dodge multiple gunfire and do standing 20 feet or more leaps? Just lazy writing and animation.
    Thats pretty much how I felt about that scene. Like "Donna, can't you fly a little faster LOL?!?!"
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

But this doesn't explain anything. Diana was given powers from many Gods. Including Aphrodite, Artemis, Athena, Apollo, Zeus, Hephaestus, Hermes. How are all amazons equal to her? They never show her own powers and performances. Yet according to this event. We are supposed to believe they are all on the same level.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 04-30-2022 at 01:30 PM.

I always thought Nubia was supposed to be Diana's equal with Donna being just slightly below Diana. Not sure where Artemis is supposed to rank. Hippolyta was supposed to be a little stronger than the average Amazon, except when she wore her girdle, then she was unbeatable. But not sure if all of these ideas are still canon.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I had forgotten that exchange between characters.

Whatever the case, I like my average Amazons to faster, stronger, more resilient and with faster reflexes than the average human.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Lazy art and writing.

I don’t see it as lazy writing. I enjoy fair amount of suspension of disbelief with my human superheroics.