Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I for one look forward to all the bad faith takes to come where all the previous times Mordred fought non-mutant characters is now considered then oppressing mutants

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Oh wow. Im surprised you didnt like it. You're usually one of the more positive voices for her.

I'm hoping this only last one arc.

I want Betsy and these characters involved with Krakoa. Not the UK or otherworld anymore.
    I disagree completely Otherworld has a lot of story, and political potential there are already enough teams and books with Krakoa directly. There can be things that might affect Krakoa but I do think this should should focus around Otherworld drama.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Let me see, so the 10 Knights are;

1-Betsy
    2-Meggan
    3-Bei the Bloodmoon
    4-Shogo the Dragon
    5-Prestige
    6-Shatterstar
    7-Rictor
    8-Kylun
    9-Gambit
    10-????
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Let me see, so the 10 Knights are;

1-Betsy
    2-Meggan
    3-Bei the Bloodmoon
    4-Shogo the Dragon
    5-Prestige
    6-Shatterstar
    7-Rictor
    8-Kylun
    9-Gambit
    10-????
    Mordred is the last one

I can already tell messy art and messy storytelling skills are going to be this book biggest issues
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Oh that's completely valid, but my stance is just like....I consider that the lesser of two evils, if its either that or just not acknowledging the worst **** a character has done, y'know? Like, it might be a convenient, lazy way to take a traditional villain and reinvent them as a more heroic character, but at least it exists as an explanation rather than just forever dancing around the subject of past misdeeds without ever actually addressing them at all.
    X-men already have many heroic and even good anti-hero characters.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I really, really hope they don't use this to age Shogo up, but I'm not optimistic. Jubilee being a mom made her even more relatable to me than she already was, and 'aging up children into teens/young adults' is such a huge go-to for hack writers. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate it. I hated it when it happened to Jonathen Kent recently, and I hate it if it happens here.

Reviving Mordred is just.....ugh. I guess it doesn't matter how big of an unrepentant monster you are. As long as you don't specifically target mutants, you can get a free pass.

Its a holdover from Excalibur, but I still don't understand the 'why' behind everything. Why this specific anti-mutant heel turn from Merlin? Why was there a war between Morgan and Saturnyne? Why are we supposed to be rooting for Saturnyne at all here? Why should we even be rooting for the protagonists here? Is it meant to be clever that our protagonists are trying to overthrow the rightful ruler of this plane (for the second time) by reviving their feared and ancient enemy for help, or does it just prove the point of Merlin and Arthur that mutants = bad?
    It's the new rule: Doing bad things and being a mutant is ok now. Mutants only did bad things because they were oppressed.

Speedy aging on comics is a huge problem, Shogo should be older by now, maybe being 5 years old but not already a teenager.
    Last edited by Writerblog; 04-28-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I disagree completely Otherworld has a lot of story, and political potential there are already enough teams and books with Krakoa directly. There can be things that might affect Krakoa but I do think this should should focus around Otherworld drama.
    I'm in full agreement as I'm enjoying this current iteration of Otherworld, and I like that they kinda go back and forth to Krakoa. I also like the idea of the mutants expanding into other places as they've done with Arakko now.

I'm looking forward to meeting the Telmenetes and finding out why the province has been closed off.

Last edited by JB; 04-28-2022 at 07:52 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I definitely liked this a lot more than where I left off with Excalibur

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Oh wow. Im surprised you didnt like it. You're usually one of the more positive voices for her.

I'm hoping this only last one arc.

I want Betsy and these characters involved with Krakoa. Not the UK or otherworld anymore.
    I'm a HUGE high-Fantasy buff and I really wanted to, but...
    This was just trying a little too hard, too soon. Tini basically dumped every fantasy trope into one issue with very little focus or build...and I would have been a tad forgiving if the art was more to my liking. Alas! It's not bad at all, it's 1000 times better than what we got in Marauders 01, it's just not for me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Yeah and even though Tini helped create it I dont have confidence in her writing style to execute it correctly.

Astonishing Member

Honestly while I'll read because the X-men are in it, it doesn't compare to the last two fantasy comics I read but it is unfair to compare it to Die and Once and Future. Well, actually since both this and Once and Future take aim at the Arthur mythos that comparision might still be valid, but overall will have to see where it goes but not super into anything so far. The plot is laid out and we'll see where it goes but I think we have a lot of new characters on the villain side that probably aren't going to get fleshed out, which leaves Merlin/Arthur/Mini-fury and maybe Jaspers.

The Otherworld I could give or take. Howard's fleshing out has been fine but I'm not really too interested in either the unexplored setting details or the stuff that was expanded on. Jaspers in charge of a fairy market always felt off.

Oh, and I know people had already told me I was likely wrong but damnit I wanted that one guy with the monocle to have been a Deathlok.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought this was a very solid first issue. It sounds like this could be a finite story/miniseries which I'm happy with - a focused Tini Howard is a better Tini Howard in my opinion, Excalibur wandered around aimlessly too often and keeping a narrower focus could be an advantage here.

I thought the first is was alright... Felt very much like it just picks up were Excalibur left off. Not only in plot but also in tone and feel. As others as mentioned the characterisation of these characters just feels off. Dump previous continuity to make character slot into this Otherworld plot. At this point, I'm only still reading for Meggan's involvement, hopefully she doesn't end up in as a cardboard cut out, stuck in the background, there to make the numbers count up to 10! Also if Tini could just pick one name for Meggan that would be great! So far she's been called Meggan Puceanu, Meggan Braddock & Gloriana in the same Excalibur run!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So according to the new preview pages for KoX#2 Amazing Baby was not left behind.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...tle-otherworld

Astonishing Member

Ugh, I hate how the Fury has just become a generic mook to get mowed down in waves now. I get that they are inferior copies but for me it’s still a devaluation of just what a threat the original Fury was.