Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I have to say that I'm in no way claiming any theories I subscribe to are "canon." They are my "headcanon," which I will consider canon until they are contradicted by something else on screen or on the written page of a canon source. I see the whole Mad Max story as a saga to be taken as a whole. I don't like the idea of Fury Road as a reboot, because that would erase the original trilogy... not from my mind of course, but from the continuing story I want to be watching here.
    Honestly, I think the original trilogy's story-arc was over. The parable was finished.

Max was 44 years old, and he had regained his humanity after a long process:

Mad Max: damnation
    Mad Max 2: redemption
    Mad Max 3: ascension

Without the core of energy (the Junk Train) and Master/Little Man, Bartertown was doomed. The city was set to last for few years more before collapsing forever into nothingness. Aunty Entity knew that.
    By combining the best out of Bartertown and Planet Erf into a new group of people, Max contributed to create the right basis to start a brand-new future society, better than Bartertown and even ours. Max has always been the Agent of Destiny.

Mad Max/Max Rockatansky is set to spend the rest of his life in the Wasteland, alone. Savannah Nix will pass down his legend through generations.

In my mind, the very last show of Thunderdome depicts a 50/60 years old Max walking in the desert, before meeting his last fate.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 05-01-2022 at 11:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Besides, it's a fun exercise to try and figure out a plausible way for the movies to be in continuity with each other.
    That's what I usually do for X-Men and Evil Dead. And people want to kill me for this LOL.

BANNED

About the upcoming Furiosa movie, we finally got an official synopsis:

As the world fell, young Furiosa is snatched from the Green Place of Many Mothers and falls into the hands of a great Biker Horde led by the Warlord Dementus. Sweeping through the Wasteland they come across the Citadel presided over by The Immortan Joe. While the two Tyrants war for dominance, Furiosa must survive many trials as she puts together the means to find her way home.

In the FR universe, the world started crumbling down aprox. in 2015, and the events involving Furiosa & Max are set in 2060 (45 years after the beginning of the fall of civilization). If Furiosa was 33 years old or so in FR, I guess that this prequel movie is set 10-12 years before FR and she is 20/21. That's my guess.