Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    But will it be explained? On-panel, nothing has explained Captain Britain or Captain Avalon's powers.
    Well my bet is no it's not going to be explained. Tini thinks it looks cool and that's reason enough. Could be totally wrong though and it gets explained in issue #2 or #3 but considering I'm still waiting on Tini to explain "mutant magic" *shrug*

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well my bet is no it's not going to be explained. Tini thinks it looks cool and that's reason enough. Could be totally wrong though and it gets explained in issue #2 or #3 but considering I'm still waiting on Tini to explain "mutant magic" *shrug*
    Ilyanna was doing 'mutant magic' before it was cool.

But Selene was doing it before *everyone.*

And that could be an interesting little section of Krakoa, a school of magic, run by Ilyanna, Selene, Forge, Pixie, Rictor, Jimaine Szardos, etc. A mutant version of Strange Academy.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-01-2022 at 05:55 PM.

So I was just re-reading KoX and thinking about Excalibur and realizing that other than some dialogue and pacing issues. My biggest nitpick is that they aren't that great at writing action/fight scenes or coming up w creative ways to use the team members powers. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So I was just re-reading KoX and thinking about Excalibur and realizing that other than some dialogue and pacing issues. My biggest nitpick is that they aren't that great at writing action/fight scenes or coming up w creative ways to use the team members powers. IMO
    Well, I kinda disagree. Rictor is doing Druid earth magic, Rogue absorbed the krakoan door (not sure what it did though) and later Apocalypse (not long enough imo), Gambit stopped a bullet (I think ? He did something with a bullet)... I don't remember Jubilee doing anything so that's another problem, and I'm glad she is off the book and on another adventure tbh.

Rachel did that guiding dog thing for Rogue and now she has magic fire powers. Let's see if Meggan has something interesting going on. The other knights are kinda basic swordsman for now, let's hope they do something with their mutants gifts.

Read Marauders that came out today. Thats how you can showcase powers.

Rogue didnt do much in Excalibur and absorbing a gate is not exciting or cool at all. It put her in a coma.

Rictor is Rictor. Im not a fan of the druid stuff but I respect that you like it.

Gambit *eye roll* in Excalibur and KoX is just the worst thing thats ever happened to him. IMO.

Apoc could have done so much more.

Jubilee did a cool explosion thing with they hurt Shogo but thats it.

So has it been confirmed that this is a miniseries? I've still been seeing conflicting info

Rogue didnt do much in Excalibur and absorbing a gate is not exciting or cool at all. It put her in a coma.

Rictor is Rictor. Im not a fan of the druid stuff but I respect that you like it.

Gambit *eye roll* in Excalibur and KoX is just the worst thing thats ever happened to him. IMO.

Yeah it may not be as exciting as others did and I don't even like it that much, but I think saying that Howard didn't made anything creative with their power is a bit unfair.

It really was fun. I hope the magical form of this kind of creative power usage shows up in Knights at some point. And it was seamless. The somnus/kwannon moment was genius. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    So has it been confirmed that this is a miniseries? I've still been seeing conflicting info
    Jordan White made it sound like a full series in the X-Men Monday's interview. We'll likely get a more definitive answer with Tini next week.