Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I like the cast, I like the story. Just not sure I can get over the childisch art. I will give it another try, but feels more like a little kids book.

Am I alone on this.?
    You're not alone. The art is terrible, why can't they rope in one of the artists who have been doing a good job on the miniseries or one-time.

I think that the art looks funny and cute but I can understand why others don't like it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think that the art looks funny and cute but I can understand why others don't like it.
    It's also rather rough and angular on the characters. I'm getting somewhat reminded to Rock-He Kim's art on most of Spurrier's X-force (not too similar overall, but also a tendency to angular characters), which certainly didn't help that title (Jorge Molina was a brief visual delight).

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Will the dead Morlocks make a comeback so they can chime in on the good guys reviving their murderers name and fighting under it?

ETA: And Kitty almost died because of them (not to mention Kurt and Piotr).
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-30-2022 at 08:09 PM.

I hate that art
    Please Remain Calm

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I posted this on another thread but thought I'd post it here again.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Yes, and most definitely! It's lacking polish. I don't know if the line art is bad or if it's the colorist. Some of the art lacks line definition, which may be the inker, but some of the scenes have a heavier/thicker line definition. It's not very consistent and the colorist isn't helping. I'm no expert but I think that's what is unsettling about the art. I hope this is all just unfinished and by the time the book prints it'll be better. Love the writer! Love the cast and story direction. I'll be picking this up for the first arc at least.
    I finally have a printed copy of the first issue and I am glad to say that I was right. The art looks much better on the printed page. I don't know exactly why that is but I'm very pleased that I gave it a chance. Orlando is such an intelligent writer. There are these great character interactions, which the artist nails for the most part. I'm not 100% sold on his facial expressions but that can always improve. I'm excited to see the ancient history of mutants getting fleshed out more and that of the Shi'ar as well. I was expecting a dark and heavy, emotional story with some humor and fun. Orlando delivers. It's what I've learned to expect from him. The art conveys these moments beautifully. What surprised me most was his work with Cassandra Nova. I wasn't expecting her to be the comedy relief. I enjoyed this first issue so thoroughly that I'm looking forward to the run entirely as long as Orlando is writing it.

Fantastic Member

Did they announce Elmer Fudd was joining the team?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Will the dead Morlocks make a comeback so they can chime in on the good guys reviving their murderers name and fighting under it?

ETA: And Kitty almost died because of them (not to mention Kurt and Piotr).
    Are people still going on about the name? Lmao it's been 3 years already it's very clear THIS Marauders isn't the group of murderous mercenaries from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Are people still going on about the name? Lmao it's been 3 years already it's very clear THIS Marauders isn't the group of murderous mercenaries from the past.
    Yup and Callisto is/was the white knight of Hellfire, working with the team. I think we're good.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!