Default The Hunger Games The Ballad of Songbirds

The Hunger Games prequel The Ballad of Songbirds gets a November 2023 release date hopefully this is about the war and what Leeds up to the frist HG? Out of all the YA movies that came out at the time HG was most interesting for the most part I did like the movies at least most of them anyone interested in this?

https://screenrant.com/hunger-games-...ase-date-2023/

Might be curious to read the book, but why do we need this story?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes will follow the same plot as the book, which sees 18-year-old Snow mentor a District 12 tribute in the 10th Hunger Games.
    Hmm, it may be interesting to learn a bit more about Snow but basically it's mostly going to be again a tribute from 12 in the arena.

You know...the stuff they already did in two movies. I don't know, i haven't read the book so let's hope for a good surprise.

The point of the Hunger Games was to show this horrible society that needed to be overthrown. What is the point of showing it 50 years earlier when we already know it is a horrible society. Do I really need to see how Snow rises to power?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The point of the Hunger Games was to show this horrible society that needed to be overthrown. What is the point of showing it 50 years earlier when we already know it is a horrible society. Do I really need to see how Snow rises to power?
    That's precisely why I never tried to read the prequel.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Dystopian YAs are played out now but I will watch it for nostalgia.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

It's actually a decent story. You don't really see Snow rise to power. It takes place just after the first big war that is constantly referenced and how society is kind of reestablishing itself and settling. Snow is actually just a bit older than Katniss is and the story is him being a mentor to tribute who is very similar to Katniss and why he feels strongly about the philosophy of someone like that being a threat and why he ultimately goes the way he does. It does the world building and philosophical issues within the universe well, which was the strength of the original novels. I think of it more as a companion piece that haunts the actual trilogy.

Personally I'd love to see how Snow got in power.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's actually a decent story. You don't really see Snow rise to power. It takes place just after the first big war that is constantly referenced and how society is kind of reestablishing itself and settling. Snow is actually just a bit older than Katniss is and the story is him being a mentor to tribute who is very similar to Katniss and why he feels strongly about the philosophy of someone like that being a threat and why he ultimately goes the way he does. It does the world building and philosophical issues within the universe well, which was the strength of the original novels. I think of it more as a companion piece that haunts the actual trilogy.
    So, to borrow a Marvel quote, the point is "Why is Snow?"
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Might be curious to read the book, but why do we need this story?
    Gotta see how much milk the cow has left

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I don't think there's an audience for Hunger Games at this point. The dystopian YA movie fad fizzled out more than half a decade ago.