Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default People acting like IDIOTS at movie theatres?

I was watching Carpenter's THE THING at a nice old 1930's movie house a few nights ago. Just as someone was taking a blood sample in the movie. Someone yelled out : "PLAY THAT &*(*^$## SONG BY SLAYER!!!" (???)

I have NO idea what he was on about.

What fools have you seen?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    I was watching Carpenter's THE THING at a nice old 1930's movie house a few nights ago. Just as someone was taking a blood sample in the movie. Someone yelled out : "PLAY THAT &*(*^$## SONG BY SLAYER!!!" (???)

I have NO idea what he was on about.

What fools have you seen?
    When i watched Skyfall a few girls in front of me were constantly chatting and one of them did nothing but complain the whole movie saying things like "Oh my god, what is with the talking in this film?" "Why is there politics in this?" "God this movie is so stupid" and I resisted leaning forward and saying "it's a James Bond movie. What did you expect?"

My local theatre had a local who went regularly and he had a mental disability. His name was Clancy. Anyway, he would always shout out stuff during movies. I remember once during The Incredible Hulk before the fight between Hulk and Abomination kicked off and he shouted "Oh no, you've made him mad! You shouldn't have done that. Now you are going to get it!" And when they were fighting proper he got up and exclaimed "You can't beat him because he is a superhero!"

He also popped up in the same session I was at for Pain And Gain. And it was during the scene between Rebel Wilson and Anthony Mackie where it got sexual and I just remember Clancy shouting out "Oh she is a keeper! She has great hands!" And I was pissing myself laughing. I think his comments during that movie was the best part.

I've had people who snuck in. People who've had to be forcefully removed from the theatre by the ushers. One guy was on his phone once telling whoever he was talking to how crap the film was. All sorts.

Mighty Member

Thanks. Watched It part One. There was a woman staring at her phone the whole film...

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    When i watched Skyfall a few girls in front of me were constantly chatting and one of them did nothing but complain the whole movie saying things like "Oh my god, what is with the talking in this film?" "Why is there politics in this?" "God this movie is so stupid" and I resisted leaning forward and saying "it's a James Bond movie. What did you expect?"
    LOL, imagine detecting "politics" in a series about an assassin in the employ of the British state who sometimes explicitly takes part in the Cold War or the CIA's War Against Drugs.

My favourite cinema ad-lib ever was in the Expendables 2 where Statham is trying to do a quip while dressed as a priest "I now pronounce you...", and someone in the cinema yelled out "DEAD!".

At starwars tlj I was next to two women talking about the progs Over and over very anoying at one point I checked my phone like pretty much every at some point during a movie trying to turn it off like I always do during the movie it wasn't powering off but it didn't light up or anything she trund looks at me and says if you look at your phone one more time I'll have you evictid from the movie theater I turned look at her as Cold as I could and told her try it you're really not going to like what happens because I know she couldn't do anything she didn't say anything the rest of the movie.
    Last edited by choptop; 04-29-2022 at 01:28 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

When I watched Terminator Dark Fate there was of group of three Nigerian guys that would talk consistently and just wouldn't shut up. It got to the point where a woman got angry with them and told them they are ruining the movie for everyone else. They did shut up after she spoke up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    At starwars tlj I was next to two women talking about the progs Over and over very anoying at one point I checked my phone like pretty much every at some point during a movie she trund looks at me and says if you look at your phone one more time I'll have you evictid from the movie theater I turned look at her as Cold as I could and told her try it you're really not going to like what happens she didn't say anything the rest of the movie.
    Hm, the way I see it, phones are a no go in the cinema, as much as talking.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Agreed. If you really need to check your phone that badly, then just run out to the lobby for a second. when someone near me in the theatre takes out their phone the light can be pretty distracting. But of course lots of people do it. and people wonder why we prefer to watch movies at home

Ultimate Member

Weirdest and stupidest thing was a friend asking another friend “what movie are we watching” rather loudly.

My most annoying movie moment was when I saw Star Wars for the first time in 1977 but not on opening night. There were two kids there, one of whom had seen it before. When Obi-Wan appeared, one leaned to the other, and, so loud everyone heard it, said, "He dies before the end of the movie." You could hear the collective groan of most people in the theater. Luckily, the next time he started to give away something, a guy behind him leaned forward and said, "Hey, kid. We don't need a narrator." At that point, he turned red and shut up.

The only comparable thing was a friend of mine who I saw a couple of movies with who, if he didn't like a movie, would spend the whole movie complaining under his breath. I really liked the Wolfman remake with Benecio Del Toro, and he just about ruined the experience for me.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    At starwars tlj I was next to two women talking about the progs Over and over very anoying at one point I checked my phone like pretty much every at some point during a movie she trund looks at me and says if you look at your phone one more time I'll have you evictid from the movie theater I turned look at her as Cold as I could and told her try it you're really not going to like what happens she didn't say anything the rest of the movie.
    So you were an absolute clown and then threatened someone with physical violence when they objected?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    My most annoying movie moment was when I saw Star Wars for the first time in 1977 but not on opening night. There were two kids there, one of whom had seen it before. When Obi-Wan appeared, one leaned to the other, and, so loud everyone heard it, said, "He dies before the end of the movie." You could hear the collective groan of most people in the theater. Luckily, the next time he started to give away something, a guy behind him leaned forward and said, "Hey, kid. We don't need a narrator." At that point, he turned red and shut up.
    That's hilarious! Only way it could be better is if people cheered after the guy said that.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    So you were an absolute clown and then threatened someone with physical violence when they objected?
    Yeah, I thought this was a thread about times when other people acted poorly at the movies, not a thread bragging about ones own poor behavior in theaters.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Of course but everyone does it unfortunately my phone wasn't even lighting up I was just trying to power it it off like I always do during the movie
    Last edited by choptop; 04-29-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    What I didn't threaten anyone with violence I just know she couldn't do anything nice name calling btw real adult of you
    Last edited by choptop; 04-29-2022 at 01:25 PM.