Extraordinary Member

Default Earth-Prime #3: Legends of Tomorrow Preview

Earth-Prime #3: Legends of Tomorrow Preview
    Writers: Lauren Fields and Daniel Park
    Artist: Paul Pelletier

I take it this is set when the Legends were trapped in the 1920s?

And it seems that everyone's having kids - we knew about Jax and Mick, but it turns out Nora Palmer is pregnant and the Hawks have a daughter?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Seems like Legends in comic form and utilizing the current season plot (with the Legends out of touch because they're stuck out of time with no resources) to focus on old friends.

Man, they just reminded me of that stupid KendraxRay ship in season 1. Or how out of touch Kendra is.

It's nice to see Mick and Ray reunite.

Mighty Member

So, this issue was essentially three stories in one issue. The main one involves the Ex-Legends in a mission to save Mick and Kayla's alien children. It was a fun adventure and I liked some of the ideas, like Jax becoming Captain Cold for a bit to help out the others. It was nice to see long-gone characters like the Hawks and Mona, but I didn't like the running joke about Vandal Savage much. I did find it weird that literally everyone but Mona was married and having kids. Also, it felt a bit too dialogue heavy compared to the other issues. I did like the "barista" crack.

The epilogue that ties in to the crossover event was a nice glimpse to the future. I guess we know that Sara gets out of time jail okay, but everyone else is just older versions of the characters. We even get a Wally cameo, only to lose him only a few moments later. Heh. Weird that he's running around as I'm intrigued that the older Legends will be the ones that are involved in the crossover rather than the present ones we know.

We also get a bonus Booster Gold story, showing what happened between stealing the Waverider the first time and the ending. We see he uses it to goof around throughout the timeline and even meet Charlie (whom he is friends with, apparently). While we didn't learn THAT much about him, we do know he betrayed the Legends a second time to the time cops to keep Skeets safe. It was kind of fun, but it felt more like a tease for a season 8 that unfortunately will not happen. I think this story had the better art out of the three.

So, overall, it's surreal to think this is the last we'll see of the Legends. I mean, there's still the crossover, but this is the last focused tale. I think I liked the other two issues more, but I still had fun with this one.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022